Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 213

• TitanWarlord93 20 Nov 2019 20:30:21 461 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Shadowkeep itself was decent but Season of the Undying was very disappointing. I've not even tried out the final assault and have heard from a lot saying it was a massive let down. I mean not even Ikora's Vex Portal still work in progress like really?
  • Malek86 20 Nov 2019 20:36:06 9,713 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Worth playing the Final Offensive at least once, just to get that emblem, or 3 times if you want the Undying seal.
  • TitanWarlord93 20 Nov 2019 20:38:33 461 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'll be playing it tonight for myself so might as well. Anyway too busy focusing for Izanagi's and Randy's so that's why I haven't focused on the seals for now.
  • Malek86 3 Dec 2019 18:01:45 9,713 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonofDawn

Season of Dawn rundown:

SEASON PASS OWNERS

Instantly unlock the Exotic Scout Rifle, Symmetry
    Play the new 6-player activity: The Sundial
    Exotic Quests, Seasonal Armor Sets, and Ornaments
    New Triumphs, Bounties, and Seasonal Lore Books
    Exotic Emote, Ghost, Ornament, and Finisher
    Additional Season Pass rewards to unlock

FREE TO ALL DESTINY 2 PLAYERS

Free Seasonal Rank Rewards
    Seasonal Artifact: The Lantern of Osiris
    Help Osiris fix the timeline by restoring Obelisks on four destinations
    Unlock the Seasonal Armor Set: Righteous
    Progress through Season ranks to earn the Exotic Scout Rifle, Symmetry
    It does sound somewhat similar to the previous season, but I hope I'm wrong.

And it sounds like they are most probably going to resurrect Saint-14. I mean, they aren't even subtle about it.
  • SolidSCB 3 Dec 2019 18:06:01 12,228 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's literally going to be copy/paste of this season, isn't it? Just in Mercury.
  • Malek86 3 Dec 2019 18:27:26 9,713 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @SolidSCB it does look like it will be very similar. Hopefully better though.

A new exotic scout rifle makes me interested though. Scout rifles are so underrated. Wish we got a new exotic sidearm too.

Edited by Malek86 at 18:27:59 03-12-2019
  • ozthegweat 6 Dec 2019 22:56:35 2,401 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gambit is the easiest game mode of all time if you can play it with people who know how it works. But playing it with randoms is fucking awful. Why does nobody know what to do?

Edited by ozthegweat at 22:57:07 06-12-2019
  • ozthegweat 6 Dec 2019 23:11:34 2,401 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LOL, just after posting this us 4 randoms get put up against a 4 stack. Fuck this game.
  • TitanWarlord93 7 Dec 2019 00:32:36 461 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    When I first played Gambit last year when Forsaken came out, I knew what I was meant to be doing. Even if I wasnt that great at first.

Even an 8 year old can figure out how to play Gambit no problem.

It is concerning how a huge majority especially the new light players couldnt understand the most simplest of things. And yes I also do mean banking the last motes when the drifter boy tells you to.

Its funny that crucible has better matchmaking than gambit does right now haha.
  • SolidSCB 7 Dec 2019 09:09:26 12,228 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The problem is giving players individual challenges within the confines of competitive multiplayer matches. I for one never touch Gambit or Crucible unless I have an Exotic Bounty, for example and I know that I'm going to be a fucking liability to my team trying to get my hand cannon kills or whatever else.

Some people are there to play properly, and some people are there solely to score themselves something to use in PvE. It's hard to blame either, and that's why it's just a mess.
  • TheMilkman 7 Dec 2019 10:47:19 599 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I always think that giving hints/tutorials with audio prompts doesn't work either. Most people I know tend to have Spotify on so don't hear most of the game audio.
  • ChiefGB 7 Dec 2019 12:13:58 12,039 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TitanWarlord93 wrote:
    Its funny that crucible has better matchmaking than gambit does right now haha.
    Not really, when you think there will be a lot less people queueing for gambit, it will have a harder time finding best matchups.
  • TitanWarlord93 7 Dec 2019 12:44:57 461 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ChiefGB Yes I think maybe quite a few players got put off gambit for a while so yeah that could be the reason.
  • Malek86 7 Dec 2019 16:08:12 9,713 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The problem with Gambit is that half the players are just there to complete a bounty or quest. Which usually means they will have to play in unconventional manners (and very inconvenient for the team).

Would be easier if PvP bounties could be completed with PvE activities too. Maybe with slower progress, but forcing people to play something they don't wanna play, is just going to ruin the whole match for everyone else who actually cares.
  • Malek86 10 Dec 2019 21:26:18 9,713 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sooo, about Season of Dawn.

If my main complaint about Undying was that there was simply too little to do, then I guess Bungie listened. This time, there's all too much to do, at least at a glance. There is the Sundial, then bounties, then bounties with increasable rank, and seemingly useless bounties. It's bounties fest, really. There is, in fact, so much to take at once that I felt a little overwhelmed. Maybe they should have introduced things a bit more slowly.

The Sundial is a bit like Menagerie, which is good. Not sure how long it will last. But being able to choose your reward is better than having always the same drops. Interesting that the rewards seemingly depend on which obelisks you have connected, and their ranks... like I said, there's a lot to do.

Pro:

- Sundial seems fun
    - A lot of bounties and weapons to get
    - Quests for now don't seem nearly as grindy as in other seasons
    - Some neglected weapon types like sidearms and scout rifles finally get some love
    - Lord of Wolves catalyst

Cons:

- Can't shake the feeling that it's all presented in a very haphazard way
    - They broke borderless windowed mode!
    - I can see from the collection that some of the weapons are just Y3-upgraded prophecy weapons
    - Symmetry, the new exotic scout, seems disappointing. Potentially strong, but too slow to use in a regular fight and probably outclassed by special weapons against strong enemies. A weapon for experts, perhaps, but not for me

Edited by Malek86 at 21:27:08 10-12-2019
  • b-rk 10 Dec 2019 21:31:38 1,162 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ALWAYS CHOOSE FULL SCREEN MODE AND USE YOUR PHONE TO DO OTHER SHIT
  • b-rk 13 Dec 2019 14:42:11 1,162 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So...the regular power (light whatever) level has been increased by 10 to 960, is that correct? That's pretty underwhelming, like, where's the hook. :/

edit

I thought the dawning event was active since the 11th but there's nothing going on at the tower.

nvm starts the 17th

Edited by b-rk at 14:53:00 13-12-2019
  • ChiefGB 15 Dec 2019 19:52:14 12,039 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • ChiefGB 18 Dec 2019 18:15:20 12,039 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Itís really hard to stick with this game when the loading is so atrocious, mm for crucible is painful
  • b-rk 2 Jan 2020 09:04:32 1,162 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    so...destiny 2, then. i've not really bothered with this season much. what's it like, any good? more horde modes, i guess.

?
  • captbirdseye 2 Jan 2020 09:42:24 9,355 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just Meanagrie v2 at the moment which is OK. This season is massive grind though and I got fed up with it especially when they haven't learnt from the amount of stuff in Eververse.
  • AddyB_ 3 Jan 2020 20:21:22 284 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Only just discovered this is F2P on steam now. Having bought this on battlenet is it still accessible on that or do I now go via steam? FWIW I have the base game and forsaken.
  • TitanWarlord93 3 Jan 2020 20:36:31 461 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You have to get it and play it on steam as the game from battle.net doesn't exist anymore as it had already been migrated to it.

EDIT: This link should help you transfer your progress to steam https://www.bungie.net/7/en/pcmove

Edited by TitanWarlord93 at 20:39:43 03-01-2020
  • AddyB_ 3 Jan 2020 20:44:44 284 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @TitanWarlord93

I thank you kind sir.
  • Malek86 8 Jan 2020 10:06:21 9,713 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I was tired of activities without matchmaking, so I said screw it, and decided to try the LFG Discord. Found people in a minute, we completed Menagerie Heroic and Sundial Legend with relative ease.

Okay, it wasn't nearly as much of a problem as I expected, and I imagine the people who use LFGs are good enough to hold their own, but the overall ease of completion makes me think matchmaking wouldn't be as much of an issue as Bungie seems to believe.

Anyway, got my Izanagi catalyst too, all is right with the world. Next I'll see if maybe I can complete the dungeon for the Xenophage quest.
  • Malek86 28 Jan 2020 21:43:10 9,713 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So, uhm, some stuff happening right now. Bungie made some mistake with the new patch. People found their materials wiped from the inventory. Including super rare stuff like Ascendant Shards, or Bright Dust, or even Silver. Game is offline until they can fix things. However, from the sound of it, pretty much everyone has been hit to some degree regardless of whether they logged in or not. Even if they didn't download the patch.

Worth pointing out that according to their twitter, they are currently testing "possible" solutions, which means there must be no guaranteed fix just yet.

On my side, before they brought the game offline, I noticed that I lost most of my Upgrade Modules and some Armory materials. Luckily I had spent all of my prisms and shards to masterwork my armor set. Damage was somewhat limited for me, but some people have been hit far worse.

Edited by Malek86 at 21:49:22 28-01-2020
  • b-rk 29 Jan 2020 01:37:26 1,162 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    * Adjusted scope feedback and camera shake on Hard Light firing

Didn't really need it despite babies complaining about the shake. Let me into the game ffs. >:(
  • TitanWarlord93 30 Jan 2020 11:57:53 461 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Malek86 30 Jan 2020 12:05:03 9,713 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    No, everyone lost their stuff, regardless of whether they logged in or not. But Bungie reverted the database to just before the patch. In the end, there was no damage, luckily.

Edited by Malek86 at 12:05:36 30-01-2020
  • TitanWarlord93 30 Jan 2020 14:35:29 461 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I thought it was when players logged in after the hotfix they lose their stuff not before but I understand now. Yeah they got all their stuff back but I was saying I am glad I didn't update the game when this happened just in case. Perhaps it was just a 'me' thing haha.

Edited by TitanWarlord93 at 14:36:42 30-01-2020

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.