Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 215

Next Last
  • ChiefGB 11 Mar 2020 14:33:14 12,402 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah the tower upgrade is rather grindy, but there were too many obelisks last season I thought, and then they put the one in the tower etc and I zzzzzzzzzzz at that point. Could be similar here, trials ainít gonna happen from a point of both ability to compete, ability to keep up with the power score and a lack of fire team regulars. So Iím grinding these events it seems. Think Iíll see how the other events contribute to my farming of bits.
  • ozthegweat 11 Mar 2020 21:17:15 2,442 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heads up: according to Reddit there's a bug currently that leads to massive damage dealt in Whisper and Zero Hour (the latter also on Heroic) missions, making them a lot easier to solo.

I wont be able to play until tomorrow night. They'll probably have fixed it by then...

Edited by ozthegweat at 21:17:34 11-03-2020
  • TitanWarlord93 11 Mar 2020 21:53:03 465 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Those who have yet to get the Whisper & Outbreak Perfected now's your chance!!
  • Malek86 11 Mar 2020 21:53:34 10,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Whisper wasn't all that hard back then, I actually solo'ed it a couple times when Solar Singe was on (and the sniper rifle hadn't been nerfed yet). The platforming is pretty short and leaves you plenty of time for the enemy waves.

But Zero Hour is longer, even on normal. Even with extra damage, finishing it solo can't be easy. And heroic is even longer.
  • ChiefGB 12 Mar 2020 00:23:24 12,402 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I never got through either back in the day.
  • Malek86 12 Mar 2020 06:17:22 10,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Man, this whole thing seems like a much worse grind than the obelisks. To sum up, you have to:

- complete daily bounties to obtain warmind bits
    - clear out the bunker once per day if you want to upgrade it
    - upgrade the bunker using your bits and lots of planetary materials
    - rank up the bunker once you have seven upgrades

Gotta do this seven times, and each bunker will have its own upgrade path.

The weekly bounties are much worse: the Seraph event is 980, so it's not easy right now, and to clear the bounty you need to complete it 4 times... but not just that, you must also open the chest at the end for it to count. And in order to open the chest, you have to use an encripted bit, which you get from daily bounties. If you play the event without clearing a daily bounty first, it's a waste of time.

And the legendary adventures are 1000 power and contain Champions, so it will be a long while before any casual players manages to see them through. Reminds me of wanted bounties from Forsaken. Except you only get three months this time.

Edited by Malek86 at 06:17:42 12-03-2020
  • Deleted user 12 March 2020 06:31:14
    Yeah I feel that this stuff is just small twists on the ignition towers and all other similar events. I don't get why it's so uncreative, I guess it must be the time restrictions.

I primarily do PvP so I'm happy enough sticking with that.
  • ChiefGB 12 Mar 2020 11:01:07 12,402 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, I played a solid few hours yesterday but itís tough to find much engaging. Iím hoping it opens up like the last season did but I guessing they are pinning much of the heavy lifting on the Return of ďfree for allĒ trials which is frankly a very niche thing anyway as it s full of the sweaties and likely prone to cheating once again, there seems to be little else to hunt down.

Every expansion released gives more of a glimpse into the current state of bungie and their focus, frankly itís not heading in an upwards trajectory.
  • creepiest-lizard 12 Mar 2020 11:10:13 1,169 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So whats this Shadowkeep thing like then? does it have a proper campaign?
  • ChiefGB 12 Mar 2020 11:15:06 12,402 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Shadowkeep is nice but the campaign is slight really. Itís all about the grind after just a couple of hours of story led content, it just kind of ends in classic destiny fashion, itís more akin to the smaller destiny 1 expansions tbh only priced a fair bit higher. Being on sale as it is currently will help.

Actually maybe thatís unkind but itís considerably less content than a taken king/foresaken kind of package.

Edited by ChiefGB at 11:16:19 12-03-2020
  • creepiest-lizard 12 Mar 2020 11:18:18 1,169 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ChiefGB
    Cheers. I think I'll probably give it a miss. I don't think I like Destiny quite enough to justify it.
    This has to be the most barren beginning to a year for new games that I can remember (hence the temptation to get Shadowkeep).
    See, Forsaken style was what I wondering as I quite enjoyed that.

Edited by creepiest-lizard at 11:19:18 12-03-2020
  • ChiefGB 12 Mar 2020 11:23:05 12,402 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @creepiest-lizard fair, itís not bad if you need a fix and want something for a few hours. It is on sale so that helps, probably get your monies worth depending on how you value time/money or yeah how keen you are on the game.

Itís probably around a quarter of the amount of foresaken content

Edited by ChiefGB at 11:25:01 12-03-2020
  • ChiefGB 14 Mar 2020 10:59:11 12,402 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just my luck, I get a random exotic drop during a nightmare hunt, which happens to be the new hunter chest, result!!? Apart from the fact itís literally just been disabled from the game as itís perk is broken. Ah well I Spose theyíll fix it in time.
  • ozthegweat 22 Mar 2020 19:02:43 2,442 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are there any YouTube channel that focus on PvE? Seems like there are a billion channels of some dudes testing all kinds of weapons in the Crucible, and then there's Datto.
  • Malek86 22 Mar 2020 19:08:35 10,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Probably not, streamers tend to flock to competitive content. That's why battle royale got so popular.

Meanwhile, my EDZ bunker has been maxed, and I've been accumulating bits for the next one. Iron Banner and new pinnacle weapon next week.
  • ChiefGB 22 Mar 2020 20:13:59 12,402 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whatís the max level? Mines on 2 and a bit.
  • Malek86 22 Mar 2020 22:12:13 10,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It goes up to 7. Increases pretty quickly if you choose the cheap upgrades route, and then the upgrade that gives you warmind bits for completing ther activities.
  • Malek86 28 Mar 2020 10:41:07 10,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been using this downtime to catch up on some Crucible pinnacle quests. With the new scoring system, raking up Glory points is not as hard as it used to be. I still lose more often than I win, but after just a couple days, now I'm only three victories away from the Fabled rank. The Recluser will be mine soon.

Of course, getting the scout and sniper and linear fusion rifle kills for the other weapons is going to take a while longer. But at least I can do that at my own pace.
  • ChiefGB 28 Mar 2020 11:58:01 12,402 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah Iíve been playing hard this week, have managed to bring a few friends back but what they want/need doesnít always fit with me, especially the free stuff, whilst Iím grinding seasonal stuff.
    It really is a fantastic ftp offer though incredibly generous and well made game, I donít get how people cannot be blown away by it all. Itís the perfect lockdown game also, itís a time sink and you can play it all together.

Edited by ChiefGB at 12:03:01 28-03-2020
  • Malek86 28 Mar 2020 12:09:24 10,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It depends. If you have been playing since the first game, you'll probably miss the much more substantial content updates of Taken King and Rise of Iron. And even if you have only played since the sequel launched, it's not reached the heights of Forsaken again.

Granted, a big part of the reason is because it's now free to play. That much can't be avoided. But it's true that the seasonal objectives are almost always some kind of mobile-style bounty runs. We didn't even get any pinnacle quest this time (although the Iron Banner bow is pretty nice).

I think we're going to see another reboot for the new consoles. Maybe that's where they are redirecting most of their efforts at the moment.

For now, there's the Guardian Games to look forward to. They should start on April 21st.
  • Malek86 18 Apr 2020 15:50:24 10,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    With no particularly interesting new content this season (I completed all the bunkers quickly), I've decided to make it the Season of the Crucible.

Momentum Control is the easiest way to get weapon kills, and makes many quests much more viable. So far in the past month I got Randy's Throwing Knife, the Recluse and Revoker. Today I finally managed to get the Mountaintop. And I already have three rank resets, so I might even be able to obtain the fabled Redrix's Broadsword.

Still don't think I'll ever get Luna's Howl. I am at Fabled glory, yeah, but those hand cannon precision kills in competitive are simply too much for me. Mind, I have to play 25 survival matches because of the other quest, so I'll give it a try, but...

Edited by Malek86 at 15:50:53 18-04-2020
  • Malek86 2 May 2020 15:41:00 10,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finally some good news. In the latest TWAB, Bungie explained how they intend to rework the game in year 4 following criticism. The main takeaway is that, with the next year:

- bounties won't be the main source of exp anymore, and will be replaced by non-expiring activities meant to be completed over the course of the season
    - activities won't be removed after their season is over, only the related seasonal pursuits (for example: after Season of Dawn ended, the Sundial would have stayed, while the Obelisks would have been removed)
    - weapons from past seasons will slowly be added in other activities reward pools
    - there will be a way to get bounties from the director

These oughta make things a lot better, and remove a lot of the current FOMO. Of course, there's still another season to go before this happens. I hope it won't be as grindy as the current one.

Edited by Malek86 at 15:41:38 02-05-2020
  • SolidSCB 2 May 2020 15:46:19 12,445 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Any word on any new Raids or Dungeons? I'd like a big new bit of endgame content to get me back into it.
  • Malek86 2 May 2020 16:31:37 10,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nope. Presumably we'll get some with year 4. But for now, I'm afraid we'll have to do with what we have. The coronavirus situation probably doesn't help, and I wouldn't be surprised if the next season were going to be a rehash because of it.
  • SolidSCB 2 May 2020 17:19:26 12,445 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah I'm sure the next season won't bring much, but they usually do something a bit more substantial for each year. Hopefully we get something to provide a new hook.
  • ChiefGB 3 Jun 2020 13:48:48 12,402 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is this it.........last week of the event and I turn it on and get a cutscene of half a planet and thatís all. No ingame update or thing to do?
    What a wasted season this has been, and the silence around whatís next is not helping.
    This feels like the weakest point in destiny 2ís cycle.

I get thereís other world events these last few months but they must be working far enough in advance that itís the ďnextĒ next season thatís most at risk? And they can easily do a vidoc from isolation?

Who knows, from the quality of what weíve had recently it does appear they shit it all out in the afternoon before release.

Least pumped ever......
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.