Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 216

• SolidSCB 6 Jun 2020 20:15:12 13,086 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Holy shit, that was painful.

It was a cool animation when it eventually happened, but fuck me did it take way too long. A 6pm event basically showing a ship crashing finally finishing at 7.30pm is the epitome of Destiny as a whole.
  • ChiefGB 6 Jun 2020 20:19:37 12,718 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I didnít even know this was happening. Didnít they even think to email their core audience?
    Ironically I was in the tower at this point, I did get a flash up but was switching characters around so just thought it was an old piece of dlc triggering.

No splash screen or anything earlier saying ďlog in at....Ē or what have you 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Malek86 6 Jun 2020 20:25:37 10,511 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I figure they didn0t want to hype it too much because they knew it was gonna be disappointing.

Oh well, new emblem.
  • SolidSCB 6 Jun 2020 20:30:22 13,086 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think they put a message up in orbit after 5pm. But yeah, I only heard about this from elsewhere. I'm sure plenty of people missed it thinking it had glitched and leaving the tower too.
  • TheMilkman 7 Jun 2020 09:55:00 600 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The actual explosion and crash was superb, but the waiting around just wasn't on at all really. Almost arrogant to ask your audience to wait around that long.

They should've done the first bit over the week since reset. So the almighty is clearly visible tuesday, red trails wednesday, impacts start thurs/Fri and then the explosion in Saturday WHEN they announced it.

It's a Damn shame cos the crash itself was spectacular and seeing everyone running around the tower was ace. It just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
  • SolidSCB 7 Jun 2020 10:04:18 13,086 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I get they were trying to make sure as many people were in the tower for it as possible, but it could have been handled so much better.

Start it at 6, fine. But Rasputin is the most powerful weapon ever made and you're telling me it couldn't have predicted the moment of impact and put it on some sort of timer for so we know roughly when it's going to start kicking off?
  • Malek86 7 Jun 2020 11:10:41 10,511 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If Rasputin is our strongest ally against the Darkness, then we're screwed. The dude needed all the help it could get from Guardians (let's face it, its frames are useless) and still took ages to take down a big ship.
  • SolidSCB 7 Jun 2020 12:05:49 13,086 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If I remember right, it's strongly hinted that Rasputin shot down the Traveller. If that's the case the Pyramids should fucking annihilate everything when they arrive.
  • Grim 7 Jun 2020 12:23:05 97 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I started playing Animal Crossing while waiting.
    Says it all really...
  • ozthegweat 8 Jun 2020 08:25:57 2,603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They could have easily shown the red streaks in the 1.5hrs before the event, maybe with lots of NPCs gathering in groups and talking about it, and then have the big explosion happen 5 minutes after the announced time.

People who didn't know about the event would have had a chance to catch it, and the others who did know about it would have had to wait for ages.
  • binky Moderator 8 Jun 2020 09:48:00 11,065 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    TheMilkman wrote:
    The actual explosion and crash was superb, but the waiting around just wasn't on at all really. Almost arrogant to ask your audience to wait around that long.

They should've done the first bit over the week since reset. So the almighty is clearly visible tuesday, red trails wednesday, impacts start thurs/Fri and then the explosion in Saturday WHEN they announced it.

It's a Damn shame cos the crash itself was spectacular and seeing everyone running around the tower was ace. It just leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
    That's a great shout. They'd have gotten way more positivity had they handled it that way.

It's done one thing though - it's got me playing again. Hadn't touched it in months. Was the Shadowkeep expansion worth buying in the sale for the story in the end?
  • Malek86 8 Jun 2020 11:42:38 10,511 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @binky for me, not really. I mean, it was always going to be worth it because I play a lot. But story wise it was a disappointment, and the new activities weren't particularly fun either. The season pass has been even more controversial.

I feel like D2 peaked with Forsaken. I'll have to see if next year will be better. No doubt I'll be buying it in advance. I don't quite feel ready to abandon D2, even if I don't play as much lately.
  • binky Moderator 8 Jun 2020 13:04:31 11,065 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @Malek86 Hmm, that's hardly a ringing endorsement for £17.99! Think I'll save my pennies and polish off some of the loose quests I have knocking around instead.
  • SolidSCB 8 Jun 2020 13:08:39 13,086 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's important to the story, and it seems it's going to tie into Y4 heavily so in that sense it is important. But it's pretty light on content, so unless you're looking to try the Raid or the Dungeon I would probably err on the side of caution with it. I've had my money's worth with it though personally.
  • ozthegweat 8 Jun 2020 15:54:49 2,603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If for whatever reason I would want to calculate money spent per hour of playtime, Destiny (2) would be the cheapest game(s) ever for me.
  • SolidSCB 8 Jun 2020 16:02:23 13,086 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Definitely. On that personalised 'My PS4 Journey' thing they did a year or two ago Destiny 1 sat comfortably at the top of my most played list. By a gap of about 800 hours to 2nd place.
  • ChiefGB 8 Jun 2020 16:07:19 12,718 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, disappointments aside, itís by far and away my most played game this gen, by a country mile. And pounds spent to gametime, I probably owe them money by now 🤣🤣
  • SolidSCB 9 Jun 2020 10:12:01 13,086 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bit of an exploit open for anyone who hasn't bought either this or last season's pass and wants the premium starter package (you'll get the seasonal exotic weapon and armour sets you can usually only get by buying the season pass)

Go create a Stadia account and sign up to the 2 month free trial, then cancel your subscription immediately. Grab D2 on Stadia. Then link your Stadia and PSN/Xbox/Steam account on bungie.net and activate cross-save, using your main D2 platform's characters. From there, load up D2 on Stadia and you'll then have 'bought' all the season passes (I'm guessing it comes with the stadia premium subscription) so you can grab the premium starter box and any other rewards you've earned from this season on all your characters.

You can also go onto by bungie.net and look at the last season pass and grab any rewards from there too.
  • SolidSCB 9 Jun 2020 17:30:42 13,086 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    VAULT OF GLASS IS COMING BACK!!
  • SolidSCB 9 Jun 2020 17:37:35 13,086 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm very happy they've all but confirmed there isn't going to be a Destiny 3 and D2 is going to be the base going forward.

Road map sounds exciting and they've hinted at full cross-play next year.

New dungeon goes live free for everyone at reset today.
  • ozthegweat 9 Jun 2020 18:17:16 2,603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh boy... say goodbye to Mars, Io, Titan, Mercury and Leviathan in 3 months!
  • Malek86 9 Jun 2020 20:11:46 10,511 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A lot of content being phased out. I agree that the experience was getting too bloated. But I thought any removal would be a little more gradual. They are essentially deleting half the game at once.

Well, D1 content coming back is nice. But in the end, it will all depend on whether there's a solid gameplay-feedback loop behind it. Essentially, they need to move away from the "bounties for everything" approach.
  • SolidSCB 9 Jun 2020 20:32:31 13,086 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I like the idea of a vault tbh, especially if it means we can cycle through it on the same game and we don't need a sequel. I've always felt leaving D1's content behind was a waste.

A handful of planets being focused on every quarter of a year or so is fine IF they do it right. Legacy raids and stuff is an amazing addition too.
  • ozthegweat 9 Jun 2020 20:59:10 2,603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Right now it looks like content is being rotated in/out at yearly intervals, which seems too long. There are already not that many strikes (17) right now, I'm not looking forward to playing the same 8 strikes for a year...

Also, games like the Witcher 3 are massively bigger than D2 and have way more quests, but manage as well... so why the need to do that in D2?
  • Sharz 9 Jun 2020 21:27:58 1,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @SolidSCB
    Thanks for Stadia tip can confirmed that worked, claimed the first tier premium bits for the past seasons and now have the new season pass. havent played D2 since Forsaken but might give it a stab.

Edited by Sharz at 21:35:12 09-06-2020
  • SolidSCB 9 Jun 2020 22:01:17 13,086 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    Right now it looks like content is being rotated in/out at yearly intervals, which seems too long. There are already not that many strikes (17) right now, I'm not looking forward to playing the same 8 strikes for a year...

Also, games like the Witcher 3 are massively bigger than D2 and have way more quests, but manage as well... so why the need to do that in D2?
    Obviously it's entirely dependent on how they actually implement it. But if they can rotate stuff quick enough and have enough to do in there it's going to be a lot more interesting than it currently is.

I've actually considered reinstalling D1 quite a bit lately to play a few legacy strikes and maybe LFG a VoG run or two, so I'm loving the idea on paper.
  • Nanocrystal 9 Jun 2020 22:15:06 2,204 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Does this mean Destiny 1 might go free? I never played it but would like to.

Also, will the locations "cut" from the director still be accessible via the story campaign if I made a new character?
  • Bichii 9 Jun 2020 22:27:12 3,451 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bungie are masters of trailers. I won't fall for it again. It looks amazing but it will end up 1/4 quality 3/4 time wasting fluff. :)
  • ChiefGB 10 Jun 2020 01:50:33 12,718 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    Well, I canít see a world where that would happen, at least they want all eyes on d2.
  • Malek86 10 Jun 2020 05:30:13 10,511 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:

Also, will the locations "cut" from the director still be accessible via the story campaign if I made a new character?
    No, all activities related to those locations will be gone too, including strikes and story missions.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.