Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 217

• Nanocrystal 10 Jun 2020 06:33:13 2,204 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    Does this mean Destiny 1 might go free? I never played it but would like to.

Also, will the locations "cut" from the director still be accessible via the story campaign if I made a new character?
    No, all activities related to those locations will be gone too, including strikes and story missions.
    So how will it work for making a new character? Pre-levelled builds with starting point at Tangled Shore? If that's the case I'm not coming back. Hate the idea of content I've paid for being taken away, particularly when the new content isn't free.
  • Sharz 10 Jun 2020 07:53:16 1,979 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The way the archiving system reads I think everything will be possible to access but you need to access an archive type system. The director will however be for all the current content and obviously that is where they want people to go. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
  • ozthegweat 10 Jun 2020 10:36:15 2,603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sharz wrote:
    The way the archiving system reads I think everything will be possible to access but you need to access an archive type system. The director will however be for all the current content and obviously that is where they want people to go. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
    No, they will be removed entirely from the game. They are doing it because the game takes up to much space, they've reached their limits to be able to test every change against every piece of content, the builds of the game take way too long (days) and finding people for matchmade content becomes more and more difficult. None of those problems would be solved if the vaulted content would just be moved into a subnavigation.

Nanocrystal wrote:
    So how will it work for making a new character? Pre-levelled builds with starting point at Tangled Shore? If that's the case I'm not coming back. Hate the idea of content I've paid for being taken away, particularly when the new content isn't free.
    That's how it works today. A short Cosmodrome mission and then you're off to the Tower I believe. You can start the campaigns by getting them from Amanda Holiday.
  • ozthegweat 10 Jun 2020 10:36:59 2,603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, also confirmed in the stream yesterday: the game will be 4K@60fps on next-gen consoles.
  • SolidSCB 10 Jun 2020 10:45:16 13,086 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's a great way of keeping content coming without having to wait forever between yearly releases. Yeah it's not new content but it's been long enough since D1 for it's strikes and raids to feel like a breath of fresh air, and that's before any additions/changes they may make to that content.

It sounds perfect for those months when your interest kind of dies in the game before the next big expansion.
  • ChiefGB 10 Jun 2020 10:47:58 12,719 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Soooo, I didnít complete the shotgun step from the last exotic quest (canít even remember now what it was for) itís dropped from my log as it was tied to the season. Can I even obtain this weapon now? What a crappy oversight, hereís that fomo thing again.
  • SolidSCB 10 Jun 2020 10:57:37 13,086 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Cryptarch seems to be selling exotics from previous seasons now so maybe check there? I don't know much about last season as I only started playing again a couple of days ago so don't know if it's there. You need a new exotic material to buy them though.

I've seen it stated that any missables will be retooled to
    be earned elsewhere down the line.
  • ChiefGB 10 Jun 2020 11:27:26 12,719 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah I guessed possibly drop into loot pool but the cryptarch thing is anew one on me Iíll take a look in a bit.

First v early impressions of the season is, good start to story but the season pass track and exotic emote etc are a bit weak, and the ornaments look weird.
  • SolidSCB 10 Jun 2020 12:42:35 13,086 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This season seems like a nice small step towards putting things right in Beyond Light. The Public Event is pretty decent and a new free Dungeon can't be sniffed at. Haven't really had a look at the season pass rewards yet but I've bought it as it's something to keep me playing and up to date with the game until Y4.
  • ozthegweat 10 Jun 2020 22:59:54 2,603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Another thing that's great is cross-platform crossplay coming next year.
  • binky Moderator 25 Jun 2020 10:33:12 11,065 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I've been playing quite a bit of Gambit whilst mopping up some years old quest lines. Why is there such a vocal bashing of this mode? Seems really good fun to me!
  • SolidSCB 25 Jun 2020 10:52:25 13,086 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's a funny coincidence, I've been hammering Gambit too since the start of the season after largely ignoring it since it was released. Once you get the hang of it it's super fun and addictive, especially Gambit Prime.

Managed to get to Fabled II so far and I'm very likely to reset my infamy rank for the first time ever in either MP mode.

I've found Deathbringer is amazing to use in the mode.
  • Malek86 25 Jun 2020 11:51:04 10,511 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gambit is fun, but I think people are pretty critical of the fact that it hasn't received any new maps in more than a year, plus Gambit Prime feels unbalanced and not very fun. Not to mention, Reckoning is a massive pain and you have to play that for good Prime armour.

Admittedly, now that I have my Dredgen title, I don't especially feel like playing anymore. Resetting my rank once was more than enough. (whereas I reset my Crucible rank like six times in one season). With the weapon sunset incoming, those pinnacle weapons are going to get pretty useless very soon...

They said Gambit and Prime would be reworked and merged with the next expansion, so we'll see what happens.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:52:25 25-06-2020
  • SolidSCB 25 Jun 2020 12:55:06 13,086 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What really helps is that it has some of the most accessible bounties in the game. You can just kinda play a few matches without having to think about doing anything too specific and the natural flow of the matches will lead you to 6 or 7 bounty completions pretty quickly.

I think it helps that I've ignored it to such a degree that it almost feels like a new mode to me. Hopefully it gets some love in the coming seasons to keep it fresh.
  • ozthegweat 25 Jun 2020 14:07:22 2,603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My main frustration with Gambit is that a lot of players play pretty badly. Like people not killing enemies but idling around the invasion portal just to jump in the second it's activated. Or not banking motes when the team would have enough motes to summon the primeval.
  • ChiefGB 25 Jun 2020 14:23:04 12,719 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Itís no surprise people are playing gambit really, this season is heavily pushing you in that direction this last 2 weeks. Iím not really playing all that much though, I played quite heavily last season (first season to 100) but Iím a bit burnt out now.
  • SolidSCB 25 Jun 2020 20:41:14 13,086 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm at 60 this season so 100 should be a cakewalk now. Having those couple of seasons away has reinvigorated my enthusiasm for the game.

I've also found a big, active clan to do the Raids I missed out on with, along with weekly GoS runs for pinnacles, so that's keeping me ticking along nicely too.
  • ChiefGB 25 Jun 2020 21:23:36 12,719 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nice, itís been purely a solo game for me for some time now.
  • ozthegweat 9 Jul 2020 15:31:38 2,603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have to say the current season is quite good. I especially like how they provide a story reason for why several planets are getting vaulted. Seeing those huge pyramids looming over the planets while on patrol, the overall sense of dread, the preparatory evacuation quests, all of that really sets up the impending cataclysmic event.

Contact is also so much better than Seraph Towers, same for Umbral Recaster vs. vaults.

And while sunsetting has its pros and cons, I just went through my vault with DIM and will be deleting at least 300 items. It reduces the decision paralysis, because I don't want to keep items that can't be upgraded come September anyway.
  • Khanivor 9 Jul 2020 15:39:31 44,554 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    This is the first season Iíve played since before Shadowkeep. Moved from Xbox to PC so no one to play it with bit other than that really enjoying the game these days.

Especially Gambit
  • SolidSCB 9 Jul 2020 16:59:59 13,086 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Their Tuesday update was lovely. Absolutely loads to do and I'm chasing Triumphs for the first time ever as well. making all the to be vaulted Raids farmable was also a masterstroke.

Finding an active clan has changed the game for me. Been going through all the Raids I missed for not being able to find a group and I was shocked at how cool Scourge of the Past and Eater of Worlds actually were. They are no Vault of Glass/Kings Fall/Last Wish but I'm a bit gutted I never got off my arse to do these sooner. Even got Anarchy to drop last night!

It's moving in all the right directions for me at the moment. I'm really hoping Beyond Light is going to do for the game what Forsaken did a couple of years ago.
  • Khanivor 12 Jul 2020 15:17:40 44,554 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    So yeah, been getting back into this after around nine months off. Transferred to PC so even if my clan was still at all active they'd be of no use to me. Looking for someone to do some of these raids with - Eater of Worlds was my last - and get back into the best of Destiny, shooting the shit while shooting shit.
  • Malek86 12 Jul 2020 17:34:57 10,511 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Found a group to finish the Prophecy dungeon yesterday. Good fun, and just easy enough that you don't need voice chat as long as the players know what to do.
  • SolidSCB 16 Jul 2020 18:12:47 13,086 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Beyond Light delayed almost 2 months to November 10th.

That's a big oof. I'm enjoying this season but don't see how it stretches that long judging on what we've had so far.
  • ozthegweat 16 Jul 2020 19:45:51 2,603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, that sucks. We'll see how Solstice of Heroes turns out. And Festival of the Lost is usually quite fun as well. I have quite some non-matchmade quests that need to be completed anyway.
  • SolidSCB 16 Jul 2020 19:57:53 13,086 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    More time to get the legacy raids done for people catching up I guess.

Finished Spire of Stars last night to finally finish all the D2 Raids currently available. I'm glad they added the emote as a guaranteed drop for a completion as I have no interest in playing it a 2nd time personally.
  • Khanivor 16 Jul 2020 20:01:40 44,554 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Anyone play on PC?

I migrated after a bind month hiatus. The delay is fine with me as my back quest log is rather large AND I just discovered the Tribute Hall
  • Malek86 16 Jul 2020 20:57:33 10,511 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I play on PC, but don't have a lot of free time nowadays. I'm mostly just completing the Interference quest and the weekly bounties.
  • Malek86 17 Jul 2020 06:30:34 10,511 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @SolidSCB I should think about those raids too... always skipped them because I don't care for voice chat, but maybe now I can find some group to carry me, at least once.

Aside from completing a couple quests, I'm also interested in the Telestho and Sleeper Simulant catalysts. Even though, chances are they will be made available through other sources when the raids are jettisoned.

Edited by Malek86 at 06:31:17 17-07-2020
  • WhoIsJohnGalt 17 Jul 2020 09:41:29 188 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone fancy gettign some of the raids done in the next month on xbox?
    I did lots of raiding in Destiny 1 but not done any in 2.
    So im looking to go through all of them in order.

is there any point in doing normal versions or better to just go prestige?
    how long do they all take now were powered up?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.