Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 219

• You-can-call-me-kal 4 Oct 2020 10:22:42 20,990 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ok that sounds helpful.

Presumably whatever I do thereíll always be a way to progress even when the new season drops? Theyíd never make it so that youíre just fucked.

Essentially Iíve come to terms with absolutely loving playing the game, but accepting I will never have the time or opportunity to really get the most out of it. As long as I feel like Iíve always got something I can aim for without having to do the stuff I donít have time for, and I can jump in and out, Iíd like to get back into it again.

Edited by You-can-call-me-kal at 10:22:50 04-10-2020
  • ozthegweat 4 Oct 2020 12:04:31 2,677 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Depends a bit on what you define as progress. You can reach the max power level every season (although it could be that Pinnacle Rewards are only available when subscribed to the Season Pass). Just do the weekly bounties. There are also Prime Engrams thst drop randomly when playing that give you a power level increase.

Stuff that expires at the end of a season is clearly marked as such. Also, a lot of content will be removed from the game when Beyond Light drops on November 10. So strike-specific loot, quests that are tied to planets etc. will be removed as well.
  • SolidSCB 4 Oct 2020 14:49:31 13,379 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Ok that sounds helpful.

Presumably whatever I do thereíll always be a way to progress even when the new season drops? Theyíd never make it so that youíre just fucked.

Essentially Iíve come to terms with absolutely loving playing the game, but accepting I will never have the time or opportunity to really get the most out of it. As long as I feel like Iíve always got something I can aim for without having to do the stuff I donít have time for, and I can jump in and out, Iíd like to get back into it again.
    To be perfectly honest this is probably the best way you can play the game. At a leisurely pace, you'll always have something to do and won't get burned out. The level creep at a high level is such that you'll never really hit a wall if you play it casually.

I've gone in hammer and tongs in 2 of the last 4 seasons and eventually bounced off the game hard for an extended period of time. The content has just never been there to treat it like an MMO so it's very easy to get burned out on it.

The season lengths are generous enough that if you play reasonably regularly throughout you will probably not miss out on as much as you think you will. The most daunting part is where you're at now, catching up. It's a confusing mess for that first couple of sessions until you work out what you should actually be aiming for.
  • Frogofdoom 4 Oct 2020 15:06:19 16,955 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I agree, its probably best to play at a relaxed pace. The grind is pretty unrewarding but unfortunately I get dragged into it in these games as i get horribly addicted to things
  • You-can-call-me-kal 4 Oct 2020 16:17:45 20,990 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Jesus fucking Christ how many currencies are in this now??

Seriously this needs simplification. What the fuck is all this crap for?
  • SolidSCB 4 Oct 2020 16:25:18 13,379 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think an awful lot of it is getting cut in the next expansion. I wouldn't bother significantly upgrading or grinding for any of it between now and then. Just work on power level and content you've missed out on for the time being.
  • ozthegweat 5 Oct 2020 09:45:14 2,677 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Another tip: when inspecting a weapon you can see its max power level. Don't bother investing too heavily in a weapon that you won't be able to bring up to your power level in the coming seasons.
  • monkman76 5 Oct 2020 10:12:33 16,816 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've started playing this again on PC/Xbox having finished the original D2 'campaign' on PS4 years ago. Seems I've got the 2 latest DLCs free on Xbox Game Pass. But can I work out how to play a new character through the main game? Can I fuck. It's an absolute mess of quests. Genuinely don't know what I need to do next.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 5 Oct 2020 10:15:12 20,990 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    I've started playing this again on PC/Xbox having finished the original D2 'campaign' on PS4 years ago. Seems I've got the 2 latest DLCs free on Xbox Game Pass. But can I work out how to play a new character through the main game? Can I fuck. It's an absolute mess of quests. Genuinely don't know what I need to do next.
    This is literally exactly where Iím at. We could team up a bit if you like.

You can sync up accounts to get your PS4 character ported over which helps a bit. Itís what I did.
  • magicpanda 5 Oct 2020 10:22:58 15,065 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Have to speak to Amanda Holiday in the hangar to pick up the old campaigns. At least that was the case about a month ago.

It's honestly fucking baffling.
  • monkman76 5 Oct 2020 10:24:24 16,816 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I initially got the base game on my new PC as something to play for free, before it was announced for Game Pass. So I started a new character rather than porting the PS4 character, thinking there wouldn't be much for the PS4 character to do (which was probably not true at all, there's always stuff to do). So I've got a reasonable way into the base game (I think) with this new character. But yeah maybe I should just get the PS4 character across. I think I'm about level 800 (?) with the new one, does that sound about right?

I kind of miss Destiny 1 if I'm honest. Felt like the weapons were more limited and thus had more of their own personality. But maybe I just knew that game better.
  • Dgzter 5 Oct 2020 10:29:13 3,348 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I actually booted it up on the PC a while ago and found it an almost indecipherable mess. I think I'd completed the main story up to the end of Warmind (maybe, anyway; I'd definitely done the Osiris stuff and I feel like I did the Warmind stuff). But trying to work out what quests to do now, in what order, or even if they were still remotely relevant, just felt like way too much effort. And the journal/mission log screen in conjunction with the map is fucking atrocious.

So I just messed about on patrol for 20 mins then logged out again--might try again in several months, I guess.
  • SolidSCB 5 Oct 2020 10:29:29 13,379 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nah, I agree, weapons definitely had more of an identity in D1.

It's such a mess starting again after a while. The trouble is they move new goalposts so often for new and lapsed players it's almost impossible for anyone to give any decent advice on what to do unless they've (re)started during that period themselves.

Beyond Light is doing some serious fat trimming though, so you'd hope it's a bit more streamlined from then on.
  • Deleted user 5 October 2020 11:48:07
    This was a returning players vid i was looking at. Seems decent.
    https://youtu.be/-bWlEfMeA_U

Edited by AddyB- at 11:59:05 05-10-2020
  • dfunked09 5 Oct 2020 12:00:07 517 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I made a new character to experience the Cosmodrome mission and even as a seasoned player it was a complete mess. One of the new missions it gives you is to complete a raid. After playing for 15 bloody minutes!

They're rejigging the new character experience in BL, but they really need to sort it out for lapsed players too as I can imagine it's confusing AF.
  • Deleted user 5 October 2020 12:00:17
    @SolidSCB

I was just about to ask whether beyond light will tidy it all up. I wonder if they will release a bundle with all expansions together in a collection.
  • SolidSCB 5 Oct 2020 13:09:45 13,379 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Some expansions are being flat out binned in the upcoming update, so the new user experience is going to have to be massively overhauled. Again.

My best advice is to persevere and get your character as close to Beyond Light ready in the interim. That way you can avoid struggling to understand wtf to do all over again when the goalposts are again moved for the new/lapsed guys.
  • TechnoHippy 5 Oct 2020 13:20:00 17,842 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    As this is now on Game Pass I gave it a try. I enjoyed the prologue, but then was overwhelmed by the sheer number of options in the hub - I had no idea what to do next.
  • SolidSCB 5 Oct 2020 13:25:12 13,379 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If you've never played before then go to Amanda Holiday, down the left corridor as you spawn in to the tower. She has all the main story questlines. Ignore all the other rubbish until you've done all those.
  • ozthegweat 15 Oct 2020 20:34:06 2,677 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, December 8 it is for the next-gen updates. 4K60 on both platforms (1080p60 on Series S).

And FOV setting confirmed \o/
  • Bichii 15 Oct 2020 20:35:31 3,596 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Huh so like a three week delay? That's a bit shit. They have known for ages when they needed a patch ready.
  • ozthegweat 15 Oct 2020 20:54:41 2,677 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Four actually. The delay of Beyond Light is probably to blame.
  • dfunked09 16 Oct 2020 12:38:33 517 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Bit of a pain in the arse... I was looking forward to getting stuck into BL from my couch, but will have to keep playing on geforce now instead, which I'm sure will be absolutely hammered that week due to Cyberpunk.
    Tried playing it on the One X and it's so jarring going back to 30fps!

Edited by dfunked09 at 12:39:13 16-10-2020
  • Duffking 16 Oct 2020 14:30:10 16,656 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Pretty happy with I've got done in this given I started this season. All raid exotics acquired (Acrius catalyst dropped from my first chest once it was available to drop, lol), most available quest exotics acquired bar 2-3, all dungeons done, flawless prophecy done (gonna try for flawless solo soon), Wayfarer done. Pretty much just rinsed all the content.

Just gotta keep trying for the Telesto Catalyst now. And keep working toward Cursebreaker, just need a few more ascendant realm eggs and bones.
  • dfunked09 16 Oct 2020 14:58:35 517 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Damn... Fair play. I still haven't done Prophecy yet, tried it solo to get the last five eyes to complete the season title, but noped out of it pretty quickly. Need to pull my finger out and get that done still, but apart from that I'm pretty much done with this season.
  • Malek86 16 Oct 2020 15:17:32 10,766 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If you are on PC, I can give a hand with the dungeon. It's not hard with three players.
  • dfunked09 16 Oct 2020 15:38:04 517 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Nice one, might take you up on that. Tried a couple of times on LFG without any luck, and my clan is pretty much dead at the moment.
  • Malek86 16 Oct 2020 17:48:09 10,766 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @dfunked09 I'm free tomorrow the whole day, or even tonight if you'd prefer. You can add me on Steam, my nick is the same as here.

We still need another person, so we'll be using LFG anyway, unless someone else from here cares to join. I usually find people very quickly on LFG. Did you try on the big Discord server?
  • dfunked09 16 Oct 2020 18:32:34 517 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Cheers, just sent a friend request (Teaser)
    Pretty wiped out so just going to chill with some TV tonight, but definitely up for it tomorrow. Will give me a chance to get familiar with the eye locations too.

And yeah, the main D2 PC LFG discord. Didn't try very hard admittedly but just had to give up at the time.
  • Duffking 16 Oct 2020 20:59:56 16,656 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I can help with a prophecy run tomorrow at some point

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.