Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 223

• SolidSCB 11 Nov 2020 11:10:20 13,968 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    As long as you're happy with that explanation being "Haha darkness go brrrr".
  • dfunked09 11 Nov 2020 11:10:40 1,028 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Played an hour and a bit this morning... Veriks sounds odd and there is definitely some snake eating itís own ass withb the stranger
    Variks sounds pretty good imo... Especially love the "[INSECT NOISES]" on subtitles that I keep forgetting to turn off.

I'm enjoying it so far anyway. Fairly story heavy which I'm tempted to pick up on my lunch break to see what happens next, which is rare!
  • Bichii 11 Nov 2020 11:10:58 3,856 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Was it the usual case where you get a play a couple of new missions then it blocks you from progressing the campaign because reasons. Maybe you need to find 25 red feathers from public events for two hours before the campaign can continue?

Hater I know, destiny 2 is my most played game this gen but it also is the game with the most bs. The most shite that is just padding to make it seem like there is actually new content when most of these pricey dlcs have pretty bare bones new exciting stuff after the first week.

"Look we have a new race!". Oh just a reskin.

"Look new strike!" Oh that was in the campaign.

"New bounties" ................ tumbleweed.

It makes me almost self hate how many hours I wasted on this. The raids are great though, over half my total destiny 1&2 hours are in raids.
  • ChiefGB 11 Nov 2020 11:15:02 13,036 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Iím in!! Is it me or do all my avatars on the character select screen look grumpier than before?
    I like it, suits me just fine 😬
    Canít get through any opening cutscene without the game shitting the bed every 30 secs. That better not last.

Edited by ChiefGB at 11:19:40 11-11-2020
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Nov 2020 11:15:05 10,673 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Was it the usual case where you get a play a couple of new missions then it blocks you from progressing the campaign because reasons. Maybe you need to find 25 red feathers from public events for two hours before the campaign can continue?

Hater I know, destiny 2 is my most played game this gen but it also is the game with the most bs. The most shite that is just padding to make it seem like there is actually new content when most of these pricey dlcs have pretty bare bones new exciting stuff after the first week.

"Look we have a new race!". Oh just a reskin.

"Look new strike!" Oh that was in the campaign.

"New bounties" ................ tumbleweed.

It makes me almost self hate how many hours I wasted on this. The raids are great though, over half my total destiny 1&2 hours are in raids.
    This (apart from the d2 raids) is pretty much my feelings on destiny right now. But I hop on that merry go round every single time!
  • SolidSCB 11 Nov 2020 11:15:53 13,968 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nah, it's just mission after mission pretty much. There have been 3 new enemies I've spotted so far (1 is a shrunk down raid boss but the other 2 are brand new variants)

It's been good so far, the campaign has been really decent and some of the new areas are really decent. The new strike is also really good. I'm just hoping there's something a little more at the end of the rainbow like there was with Forsaken. I still fear I'm going to come grinding to a halt in a few hours waiting for the Raid and the season pass model to pick up the slack later down the line. But we'll see, so far so good but it's too early to make a proper judgement.
  • Bichii 11 Nov 2020 11:21:15 3,856 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hopefully there is minimal grinding. I like to beat the raid week one. Not going to happen this time though as I've got plenty of other games I'm enjoying and I haven't touched destiny since the week after the last raid launch when ever that was. The one in the garden where you had to join lasers to drop barriers and when you finally did it you were greeted with an open field full of cannons and a tiny timer to make it to the checkpoint. Not bitter still.
  • Bichii 11 Nov 2020 11:23:01 3,856 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm also still scarred with the amount of people I played with who just couldn't do the second last wish raid encounter. Oh so many hours wasted on the simplest task.
  • SolidSCB 11 Nov 2020 11:27:06 13,968 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shuro Chi wasn't something you could do with randoms much of the time. Last Wish was such an amazing Raid, really hope the new one matches up.
  • Bichii 11 Nov 2020 11:55:14 3,856 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Oh it wasn't randoms :). Just nice people who can't do pretty basic tasks in destiny. Especially if it involves jumping or reading different symbols. Randoms can be good though. I think all my hard mode raid completions were from listing myself on lfg as a solo player looking for a skilled team who are short of one. Kings fall hard week one for example I had to list myself as relic runner on lfg to get it done as the team I was trying it with just could not get the last encounter done. Everyone was messing up the relic role every single time. I'm the type who gets inner rage at these players failing but in the party chat I'm all like "ahhh don't worry we will get it next time"..."maybe we should switch up the fire team roles to see if that helps" when everyone knows it's player X who is getting the team wiped every time.

Ahhh I do miss destiny raiding.
  • SolidSCB 11 Nov 2020 12:04:29 13,968 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Should also be noted on the expansion that I haven't actually fully unlocked Stasis yet in the 5-6 hours I've put in. Just been given it to play with at the end of missions. So that bodes well for the content as it would be a bit weird fully unlocking the power and having nothing to actually do with it ahead of you.
  • ChiefGB 11 Nov 2020 12:09:39 13,036 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No season pass with gamepass, cant exactly complain but I thought the expansion always comes with the current pass at least.
    I see the quests now detail how many steps to complete and which one you are on, which is nice.
    Hawk moon is back!! The bastards are still going to make to dig into my pocket arenít they 🤣
  • Malek86 11 Nov 2020 13:07:49 11,274 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Among the annoying things, the upgraded lighting really plays a number on my framerate. Some area fall down to 50fps and nothing I can do will bring them up, not even reducing the rendering resolution. Sigh.

As others have said the Cosmodrome just feels... there. And who's this Shaw Han dude? Was he in one of the many lore tabs I didn't bother to read? Why does he look like a generic human NPC?

As for the campaign, I can't play it yet, but judging from the first mission, it looks like Forsaken 2 and its Barons. What's up with the Fallen anyway. They are like Klingon, everywhere. We have had Regular Fallen, SIVA Fallen, Dusk Fallen, Scorn Fallen, now there are Darkness Fallen? Well then.

ChiefGB wrote:
    No season pass with gamepass, cant exactly complain but I thought the expansion always comes with the current pass at least.
    I see the quests now detail how many steps to complete and which one you are on, which is nice.
    Hawk moon is back!! The bastards are still going to make to dig into my pocket arenít they 🤣
    I think the included season offer was only for Shadowkeep. If you check the Steam page, there is also a cheap pass-free version of Beyond Light.

Edited by Malek86 at 13:08:24 11-11-2020
  • Khanivor 11 Nov 2020 14:48:58 44,689 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    tonyferrino wrote:
    Bringing Skibidi to the masses. Everyone needs a bit of that in their brain!
    Itís groovy knowing thereís a Little Big fan at Bungie. Thereís a wealth of emotes waiting to be nicked from their videos
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Nov 2020 14:49:35 10,673 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I am very much struggling with the campaign, it outlevelled me super quick so now I need to decide whether I want to go and do other stuff to raise my light level or just drop it :(.
  • SolidSCB 11 Nov 2020 14:59:33 13,968 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I was getting stomped early on but it's dead easy to power up. I did the Cosmodrome strike and one other Vanguard strike to get a handful of engrams and I've been fine ever since.
  • ChiefGB 11 Nov 2020 15:03:39 13,036 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah that first mission proper took me a while, mainly because I just kept pushing my luck, that and repeatedly tripping the mines on that bridge. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • SolidSCB 11 Nov 2020 15:52:09 13,968 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's a little more difficult in general so far. Those big stompy robots pack a hell of a punch, as do the new Vex variants.
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Nov 2020 16:00:01 10,673 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    It's a little more difficult in general so far. Those big stompy robots pack a hell of a punch, as do the new Vex variants.
    i got to the first proper boss at lunch, spent 30 minutes hitting my head against the wall (not helped by dwindling resources) and managed to get to the second phase twice.

Speaking with destiny friends i got told to 'play the game not the campaign'

eidt: mission is 1100, i am 1070

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 16:00:34 11-11-2020
  • ChiefGB 11 Nov 2020 16:07:06 13,036 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is not taken king or forsaken levels of new destiny so far, itís very much more of the same. Iím going through a vg crisis anyway atm so maybe this is all heightened. But Iím getting a heavy sense of dejavu. It just doesnít feel exciting, just that Iím back on that same old hamster wheel
    Get to Europa, ohh a public event....... to find itís fucking glimmer extraction just as itís ever been only with the added joy of an immune robot stomping all over the place.

/sigh
  • dfunked09 11 Nov 2020 16:10:14 1,028 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Yeah, I've had my cheeks clapped a few times on Europa so far... Might grab a few blues on the moon to get up to 1150 or so and then come back and finish the campaign.
    Loaded up a strike and seemed under levelled for that too (or maybe just a bit rusty)

Wandered into a lost sector and got properly stomped within seconds :D
  • Bichii 11 Nov 2020 16:29:48 3,856 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • SolidSCB 11 Nov 2020 16:34:47 13,968 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finished the Eramis questline and got the Stasis subclass properly now. Looks like a few strands have opened up to follow, along with an Exotic quest.

Also got the Stranger's Pulse Rifle as part of my pre-order package, which packs a nice punch.
  • magicpanda 11 Nov 2020 16:36:18 15,082 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    SolidSCB wrote:
    i got to the first proper boss at lunch, spent 30 minutes hitting my head against the wall (not helped by dwindling resources) and managed to get to the second phase twice.

Speaking with destiny friends i got told to 'play the game not the campaign'

eidt: mission is 1100, i am 1070
    That the one where the platforms disappear between stages? Was a pain in the arse for me as well.

1st stage keep one harmless mob alive and you can burn him down at your leisure as he wont spawn more.

2nd stage use power weapons

3rd is easy.
  • dfunked09 11 Nov 2020 17:33:05 1,028 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I managed it first attempt, but it definitely got a bit dicey with the adds at the beginning of the third stage.

Took me a lot longer than I'd like to admit to spot the big glowy thing that I needed to stand on to move it forward. Destiny 101 ffs!
  • magicpanda 11 Nov 2020 18:12:47 15,082 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I've seen very little in the way of new weapons or armour in the few hours I've been playing.
  • ChiefGB 11 Nov 2020 18:19:18 13,036 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah I was going to say this, variks does give some new weapons, and I did get some new legs as a reward. But thereís a lot of the same old stuff popping from the off.
    Iím sat at home with nothing to do and canít be arsed to fire this up. Thatís not a great sign and Iím usually pro destiny (with caveats as Iím not blind) but as i said ive been in a gaming funk for much of this year so maybe Iím not the best to judge.
  • SolidSCB 11 Nov 2020 19:04:56 13,968 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Biggest win so far is the loading times. Even on a pauper PS4 slim its massively faster. Going to be a joy on the PS5 to flick between activities.
  • dfunked09 11 Nov 2020 20:05:15 1,028 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Yeah, install size is nice... 55GB for me now on PC and curious to see how they cut it down on Series S when the smart delivery stuff arrives.

120hz in crucible also... I might actually play a bit on the couch!
  • SolidSCB 11 Nov 2020 20:15:50 13,968 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Next few hours will determine whether this is a Shadowkeep or a Taken King. Genuinely don't know whether there will be something else around the corner or I'm going to hit a content wall quite soon.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.