Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 224

• Khanivor 11 Nov 2020 20:40:17 44,689 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Iím really wishing Iíd put this on SSD long ago. What a difference.

Now if only the cool weather effects didnít bring about a slideshow on my PC.
  • Malek86 11 Nov 2020 21:10:54 11,271 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It's not like the power climb isn't still enticing.

But I look at my armor and think, why would I want to infuse it? It's gonna be obsolete starting next season.

This whole sunset idea is ridiculous.
  • BOFH_UK 11 Nov 2020 21:25:24 255 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Quick question for anyone playing on Xbox: is it just me or did they kinda screw up HDR? In really dark areas I'm getting some pretty horrible black crush and posterisation. The strike on Nessus that has you go into the aft section of the Exodus Black and platform in the dark is a particularly awful culprit. Noticed this on the One X yesterday and it seems to be worse on Series X. Rest of the game looks fine but low light areas are definitely problematic. No change in TV, console or game settings (at leas ton the One X, obviously the Series X is all new so no comparison there).
  • Hiphopopotamus 11 Nov 2020 21:46:31 163 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Yep. I find it borderline unplayable on my OLED Tele. The Mrs has a much easier time on our crappy old TV as it has really poor black levels, so actually makes it playable in this case!
  • Graxlar_v3 12 Nov 2020 09:09:49 10,673 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finished the main campaign this morning am now light 1160. It will be nice to try out the new stasis stuff a bit.

Overall, pretty much like every other expansion so far... new big bad but little in terms of moving the world forward (so far).
  • dfunked09 12 Nov 2020 14:21:55 1,028 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Blighting lion has been temporarily disabled due to PVP issues... Damnit! Was extremely useful for the adds in the campaign who mainly seem to all run straight at you in a nice polite line.
  • ChiefGB 12 Nov 2020 14:37:13 13,035 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is a lot of rushing going on, maybe itís the ai when they know they have power advantage as itís been a while lol.
    Just done the first boss, a classic example of the above for the adds, took a fair few goes.
  • dfunked09 13 Nov 2020 08:08:42 1,028 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Got the the last boss on my warlock and God damn is stasis annoying... The bugger seems to consistently freeze me just as I trigger my super. with a side helping of stomping me into oblivion just in case that wasn't frustrating enough

Gave up after a couple of failed attempts and started on my hunter instead, then realised that I couldn't really be arsed going through it all again.

I might sit this season out to be honest. Europa isn't really doing it for me and Cosmodrome feels pretty barebones.
  • Malek86 13 Nov 2020 08:36:29 11,271 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    As a non-BL player, it feels like they dropped a lot of content without really adding anything much in return.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Nov 2020 08:37:51 10,673 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    As a non-BL player, it feels like they dropped a lot of content without really adding anything much in return.
    1 new strike
  • SolidSCB 13 Nov 2020 08:49:39 13,968 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post-campaign content is going on quite a bit but yeah, this is not a Forsaken at all. They've removed way, way more than they've added.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Nov 2020 09:51:57 10,673 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hit the soft cap this morning, grinding begins i suppose.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 13 Nov 2020 09:54:07 21,390 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Have they streamlined any of the bullshit? Currencies etc...
  • ChiefGB 13 Nov 2020 10:06:15 13,035 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not a surprise theyíve taken more than theyíve added, but hoped for enough to carry it through. Player base will suffer as the casuals/newbies will have less to sample and the core always just get bored of it all anyway.
    Iím ticking my way through it but not feeling the urge to crush it.
  • Phattso 13 Nov 2020 10:09:30 26,294 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Just fired this up today on Series X via GamePass. Must be the first time I've played in two years or so. I think I dropped out around Forsaken.

Yeah. Lost. Absolutely lost. Got my old characters in there through cross-save, I presume they've been auto-risen to an appropriate light level (1050) as I'm able to start the new content if I want? Everyone else has what looks like a level number in their title bar running around the social spaces - can't see any reference to my own. Presume it's somewhere in the UI.

Looks like Forsaken's campaign bits aren't there - suspect they got put in the vault. Shadowkeep's is there though - I guess that's the place for me to start?
  • SolidSCB 13 Nov 2020 10:12:16 13,968 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Not perfect in this regard but a damn sight better than it was last week. I'd argue that if you're just looking to dip in for a few hours a week casually there's never been a better time to do it, as they've cut so much it's no longer overwhelming.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Nov 2020 10:13:45 10,673 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    they removed a lot of the planets... but no not really :).

If you were expecting a reinvention of destiny, or any real progress in the overall narrative of the destiny world you will find this super disappointing.

The campaign is what it is and in line with bungies yearly offerings, the locations are cool but do nothing special. They removed a lot of old content but that may be better (though we ended up running the worst strike from the base game yesterday so they could have removed stuff better).

Its fine, its just a bit disappointing. they have been teasing the pyramids for years. Shadow keep finally introduced them and Beyond Light allows you to take power from the darkness , but apart from the ghost becoming a whiny little shit it is just more destiny.

Oh the ghost, urgh... what the fuck were they thinking!

The new strike is fine but it is not as memorable as the forsaken ones, I will withhold judgement because i have only scratched the surface of the post end stuff.
  • SolidSCB 13 Nov 2020 10:14:37 13,968 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Phattso the number you're seeing above players is their season pass level.

Start wherever you want, basically. Shadowkeep is a nice solid campaign if you haven't done that yet. Or jump straight to Europa. I'd probably advise Shadowkeep just so you're levelled appropriately for Beyond Light. You start off a bit squishy I'm that campaign power wise.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 13 Nov 2020 10:16:45 21,390 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Iíve been playing very casually for a few weeks now. Iíve been having fun doing whatever missions it seems to want me to do, strikes, crucible and exotic quests. I will continue to do those things. It scratches my FPS and all the bullshit aside, itís still a very fun and satisfying game. But I do still have quite a strong sense of bewilderment towards a lot of it.
  • Phattso 13 Nov 2020 10:20:12 26,294 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    @Phattso the number you're seeing above players is their season pass level.

Start wherever you want, basically. Shadowkeep is a nice solid campaign if you haven't done that yet. Or jump straight to Europa. I'd probably advise Shadowkeep just so you're levelled appropriately for Beyond Light. You start off a bit squishy I'm that campaign power wise.
    Cheers for the info! I did wonder if it was a seasonal thing. Yeah - NFI how any of this hangs together. Considering I've put several hundred hours into the franchise in the last seven or eight years, it's astonishing that I can be so bewildered upon my return every single time. :)

Still - it has the best shooty-bangs out there. I'm not sure which "enhancements" from the One X are present on my Series X, but it seems really sharp and smooth. 4K/60? That I can't tell for sure if it is or it isn't is either a great sign for the game, or a bad sign for my eyes. :D. Either way, excited to see the visual upgrades coming in the December patch, whatever they might be.
  • SolidSCB 13 Nov 2020 10:23:10 13,968 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think even long-term players are feeling a bit bewildered at the moment. They've made so much of their content and loot pool redundant with this update its difficult to understand what we're supposed to be chasing other than the number after our name.

Definitely not an expansion to go hard in. Just have fun with some of the new content and see what happens as the season progresses.
  • stevethemeat 13 Nov 2020 10:29:25 949 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Taking my time with this expansion, can see myself getting burned out quickly otherwise, plus I want to do most of it when the patch drops for series x.

Disappointed with the new content so far though tbh, especially when one of the new strikes is a remake of the onniguhl one from D1.
  • Malek86 13 Nov 2020 10:30:15 11,271 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It seems that the number only increases if you have the season pass? I keep seeing a 1 above me, even though I have a few levels already.

And yeah, even assuming that the sunset wasn't a bad idea, they could have chosen better planets to sunset. Keep Io and its Pyramidion, and leave Nessus in the dust. If makes more sense story wise (it was being consumed by the Leviathan anyway) and you get rid of the worst strike in the game.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 13 Nov 2020 10:30:44 21,390 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I just donít understand why there has to be so much complexity in the currencies. Fine, offer a wide range of different activities that you have to do, and create variety and depth that way. Even some of the longest running and most complex MMOs arenít like this.
  • SolidSCB 13 Nov 2020 10:36:25 13,968 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Malek86

I think it's a glitch. I'm currently 12 I think and when I die I see a 1 over me.

But yeah, agreed RE: the currencies. If there were masses of loot to chase I might just about understand the complexity but I saw a figure on Reddit where 70-80% of loot before Beyond Light is now redundant because of sunsetting. So surely now should have been the time for a full purge.

Does seem like it's slowly being phased away though.
  • ChiefGB 13 Nov 2020 10:53:08 13,035 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Itís the first expansion Iíve not had the pass for and itís hard to tell whether its a bit emptier for it. I am tempted to pick it up though but then I may as well buy all the shit again for this year.

I have 1000 silver in ps still, is it possible to buy a season pass without the expansion? As I know season pass unlocks across formats or at least did last year.
  • SolidSCB 13 Nov 2020 10:58:37 13,968 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    No idea to be honest. Muggins here bought the Deluxe edition with all 4 seasons included.
  • Malek86 13 Nov 2020 11:04:59 11,271 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Think you can buy a season pass without the new expansion just fine. But I'd wait a bit. The seasonal content is supposed to start soon. As a general rule, if the core activity of the season is no fun, you might as well not bother.
  • SolidSCB 15 Nov 2020 17:57:45 13,968 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Never felt this jaded so quickly into a new expansion. There's just.. nothing to do. The Empire Hunts are okay, but it's just re using the same handful of environments. They've taken away so much and given back so little it feels almost lifeless at the minute.

Apparently there's some stuff coming tied to the world's first Raid clear, including a new area, so hopefully that may breathe a bit of life into it. Other than that though, it's going to be the odd hour or so through the week until the PS5 update lands.
  • ChiefGB 15 Nov 2020 19:59:13 13,035 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Iím just doing bits here and there. Word of warning to oled owners this game is a bitch for screen burn 😤 do nightly pixel refreshes if playing for a few hours
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.