Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 233

• Duffking 14 Dec 2020 12:05:43 16,728 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Malek86 Lament's burst damage is significantly higher than FG, rev it then 3 light + 1 heavy will slaughter stuff. FG is better in a couple of cases but most stuff doesn't have a big enough health bar.
  • super_whiskey 15 Dec 2020 20:47:32 350 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've remembered that my role in Crucible is to soak up bullets and die while my team mates take control points.

Good thing I can't see my KD ratio.
  • ChiefGB 15 Dec 2020 21:06:32 13,194 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Iím struggling with crucible on ps5, I mean I was never a pro but could occasionally be pointing in the right place at the right time.
    Not so much from my few forays so far.
  • super_whiskey 15 Dec 2020 21:27:32 350 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been getting my arse handed to me by everyone with a shotgun or pistol.
  • eleven63 15 Dec 2020 22:02:02 2,872 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    PS4 question.

Anyone else finding the sound gets 'fuzzy' at times?

Tried 3 different headsets - from shit ones, to really shit ones, too actually really good ones.

Is it the game, or the controller?

Wired, not Bluetooth. Lead connectivity seems fine.
  • Malek86 15 Dec 2020 22:58:35 11,528 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The Dawning looks somewhat grindy this year.

I mean, like always, but this time there's even a community quest.
  • super_whiskey 16 Dec 2020 13:40:27 350 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @eleven63 I haven't played with headphones for ages but haven't noticed the sound go fuzzy coming out of the TV.
  • eleven63 16 Dec 2020 19:06:27 2,872 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @super_whiskey

Cheers. Think I have an iffy connection, controller.

A new one is now top of my Christmas list!
  • ozthegweat 19 Dec 2020 21:15:15 2,789 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have played quite a few hours now:
    - Europa is alright. Not that interesting TBH, lots of empty white space, lacks verticality. Mercury or Titan were more interesting places.
    - Lore-wise this has been a great release. Exos, Elsie/Ana, etc.
    - Stasis is a cool new class. The Coldsnap grenade is fantastic. The Warlock super is a bit lame compared to another roaming super like, say, Dongblade. The Warlock melee is great, especially after the unnerf.
    - Being frozen and immobile has sucked as a gameplay mechanic in every game ever, and it is no different in Beyond Light. I wish they hadn't given that ability to Fallen enemies on Europa. Crucible has always been a cesspool, now there's even less reason to go in there
    - The quests to unlock fragments are beyond (ha!) tedious. Defeat Champions with Stasis damage? Fuck off.
    - I guess the number next to another player's name is their Season rank? When I'm dead and waiting for a revive, my own rank is always 1. Is that a known bug?
    - There are also plenty of other bugs as well. Teleporting Ogre during the Heroic Warsat event in the Cosmodrome, instadeaths out of nowhere and more.
  • dfunked09 19 Dec 2020 21:33:30 1,451 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @ozthegweat
    I really need to know if "dongblade" was intentional or not.
    Don't think I'll ever be able to call it anything but that now!

And yeah, as soon as I played the stasis story missions I just decided not to touch crucible this season. Getting frozen in place is never a fun mechanic, and from what I've heard it's the kiss of death in crucible.

The 1 season rank thing is a confirmed bug from what I remember. Just ignore it for now.
  • ozthegweat 19 Dec 2020 22:55:13 2,789 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @dfunked09 It was intentional :-) I first heard it from Destiny YouTube streamer Blessious, and since then can't stop calling it that.
  • Malek86 19 Dec 2020 22:55:44 11,528 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm definitely not touching Stasis. I don't see why I should immobilise things to kill them, when I could just kill them. And if a bounty requires me to kill things affected by Stasis, that's what the grenade launcher is for.

And yes, Europa is super boring overall. Hope the next darkness classes and new areas will be less disappointing. So far we lost a lot of game and what we got in return wasn't worth it imo (didn't even get a new Gambit or Crucible map ffs).

Edited by Malek86 at 22:57:16 19-12-2020
  • super_whiskey 20 Dec 2020 08:11:44 350 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Getting hit by a stasis grenade in Crucible is the worst. Having to hold down a button to break free almost feels pointless as even if you escape you're only a couple of hits from death anyway.
  • ozthegweat 20 Dec 2020 08:34:58 2,789 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Also a sincere fuck you to the mission designer who thought of the "wear 4 pieces of crystocrene armour" quests. I dismantled those because they had low stats, now I have to somehow get them to randomly drop.
  • Dave_McCoy 20 Dec 2020 18:48:25 3,375 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    Also a sincere fuck you to the mission designer who thought of the "wear 4 pieces of crystocrene armour" quests. I dismantled those because they had low stats, now I have to somehow get them to randomly drop.
    I think you can 'buy' them back from your discovered things bit on the menu. I'll check shortly when I boot it back up.
  • Dave_McCoy 20 Dec 2020 19:09:55 3,375 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Never mind. You can't re-aquire randomised loot. I have dismantled at least one of them too...better keep any more I find.
  • Malek86 20 Dec 2020 21:02:16 11,528 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    They probably have random stats, so nope.

I don't think I've ever managed to break free of Stasis in the crucible, or at least not without dying, either due to the shatter damage, or because if you got hit by Stasis that means an enemy is nearby anyway.
  • ozthegweat 20 Dec 2020 21:08:56 2,789 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, they have random rolls, so no. Not even a shit version with low stats. Absolutely impossible it seems.

Exotics however can be acquired with low stats, even though they drop with random rolls as well 🙄
  • dfunked09 20 Dec 2020 21:15:23 1,451 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    I really don't get why they haven't just given the option for a "shit stat, but that'll have to do you" version for random roll armour to be pulled from collections.

Hell, even for curated rolled weapons that you've already got they didn't give the option to pull from collections apart from a few exceptions.
  • Dave_McCoy 21 Dec 2020 16:02:33 3,375 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I wish they'd sort out the Vanguard playlist on this. I'm sick of the two 'random' strikes it keeps giving me. Nearly always Warden of Nothing or Glassway one. Sometimes twice in a row. Not helpful when you are trying to get a range of enemies for ingredients. Going to have to just go to places in open play where I know they hang out but trying to get efficient progress on quests and bounties
  • Malek86 21 Dec 2020 16:49:25 11,528 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You can select strikes from the director too. That's what I do when I'm trying to clear specific bounties.
  • Duffking 22 Dec 2020 18:40:53 16,728 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @ozthegweat just roam around the europa patrol zone and kill the enforcer brig that spawns, it drops a chest that usually has armor

For killing champs with stasis, just equip your default finisher and finish them. It counts as a stasis kill if you have the subclass equipped.

I like Europa's non-patrol areas. The lost sectors are great. The 3 main areas are pretty bland though.

Edited by Duffking at 18:42:45 22-12-2020
  • eleven63 22 Dec 2020 20:46:52 2,872 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Help, please.

Trying to get my head around this season's level cap.

My overall level is at 1262. All my equipped weapons and armour are (maxed?) at 1250.

But my Artifact shows a plus power of 12.

Soooo, what is my overall level?

Bear with a small brain who really doesn't know what he's doing.

Peace.
  • dfunked09 22 Dec 2020 20:54:35 1,451 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Total power is the number on your inventory (which is base + seasonal artifact)

Max base you can get to is 1260, but there's no real limit to how many more levels the artifact can give you apart from the fact you need to hand in bounties 24/7

Just aim to get your base level up so that every slot has a 1260 item and don't worry about the other number as much, it just comes through playing (well, doing bounties!)
  • ozthegweat 22 Dec 2020 21:05:24 2,789 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Duffking wrote:
    @ozthegweat just roam around the europa patrol zone and kill the enforcer brig that spawns, it drops a chest that usually has armor

For killing champs with stasis, just equip your default finisher and finish them. It counts as a stasis kill if you have the subclass equipped.

I like Europa's non-patrol areas. The lost sectors are great. The 3 main areas are pretty bland though.
    Thanks!
  • eleven63 22 Dec 2020 21:06:51 2,872 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    dfunked09 wrote:
    Total power is the number on your inventory (which is base + seasonal artifact)

Max base you can get to is 1260, but there's no real limit to how many more levels the artifact can give you apart from the fact you need to hand in bounties 24/7

Just aim to get your base level up so that every slot has a 1260 item and don't worry about the other number as much, it just comes through playing (well, doing bounties!)
    Cheers. So concentrate on bounties?

Past couple of days I've had nothing drop over 1250. Just grind? (Which is fine, if there really is a light at the end of the tunnel).

Appreciated as always.
  • dfunked09 22 Dec 2020 21:19:31 1,451 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Once you get to 1250 base level you can only get higher level gear from pinnacle drops (up to 1260 max), so focus on anything that has pinnacle rewards I'd say.

Do bounties as you play to level up the seasonal artifact, but the game really is shit if that's all you focus on. I just grab everything that's available and complete whatever gets done from me playing naturally.
  • eleven63 22 Dec 2020 21:35:01 2,872 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @dfunked09 Nice one. Will do.
  • wuntyate 22 Dec 2020 21:53:08 16,192 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Getting back into this now I'm done with Control and Demons for the moment.

I take it its not worth leveling up weapons until im getting max level drops? Only just found out you can pay glimmer and shards to unlock perks on them!

Also what's the deal with Xur these days, is he still around?

Edited by wuntyate at 21:53:39 22-12-2020
  • Malek86 22 Dec 2020 22:18:53 11,528 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    He's still around but he's been very useless for the last two years.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.