Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 235

• wuntyate 24 Dec 2020 11:43:08 16,192 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Malek86 i bought the first two expansions and pretty much stopped just as the second one came out. So whenever that was. A good while ago I think.
  • Duffking 27 Dec 2020 18:18:10 16,728 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Dropping in again to post about how much I fucking hate gambit
  • dfunked09 27 Dec 2020 18:30:08 1,451 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    I've played a few games recently on all three characters for the pinnacles/powerful rewards.

I guess one good thing I can say about it is if you join a clueless team at least you don't have to wait long for the match to end now!
    Apart from that, nothing positive to say about it...

Edited by dfunked09 at 18:30:29 27-12-2020
  • Malek86 27 Dec 2020 18:56:39 11,528 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Don't like Gambit either (or Gambit Prime, which is thankfully gone). But the reworking at least allows you to just play matches quickly.

On a side note, I've been rinsing the Game Pass version, including the Born in Darkness quest. It would normally be a massive pain, but the Salvation Grip grenade launcher is making it almost trivial so far.
  • Duffking 27 Dec 2020 19:00:51 16,728 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm trying to get 4 kills in one invade to finish the malfeasance quest and it's just rage inducing. So many 3 kill invades, but also the general lag in gambit is unacceptable. There's so much bugginess too, I've had enemy invaders stay after the timer is up today, projectiles that are supposed to home in not home in, dying as an invader before I've even gone through the portal...
  • ozthegweat 27 Dec 2020 20:59:33 2,789 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Every Destiny player:

Edited by ozthegweat at 21:00:32 27-12-2020
  • Carlo 27 Dec 2020 21:01:47 21,567 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So my son got D2 Beyond Light for Christmas, never played the game before.

Does he not start in Europa? He's doing all the story I did back when D2 launched in Cosmodrone.

Is that normal?

When I started it, I went straight to the frozen wastes.

Edited by Carlo at 21:07:29 27-12-2020
  • dfunked09 27 Dec 2020 21:07:22 1,451 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @Carlo
    Brand new players have to do a bit of story in the Cosmodrome and a strike before being let loose, it doesn't take long.

You can try it yourself from the kiosk thing next to the postmaster. It's a step up from the original new light experience last year, but they've probably stepped to far in the direction of giving you too many steps to do.

Hopefully you can just jump in his fireteam and help him crack on with the content?

Edited by dfunked09 at 21:07:43 27-12-2020
  • Carlo 27 Dec 2020 21:10:05 21,567 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Nice one, thanks mate. I did wonder as I wasn't there with him when he started playing it, and thought he'd maybe did something unexpected and got stuck there.

Thinking about it, he doesn't have his Sparrow etc. yet, so he's doing the tutorial I guess.

It's been like 6 years for me!
  • Carlo 27 Dec 2020 21:12:26 21,567 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    dfunked09 wrote:
    @Carlo
    Brand new players have to do a bit of story in the Cosmodrome and a strike before being let loose, it doesn't take long.

You can try it yourself from the kiosk thing next to the postmaster. It's a step up from the original new light experience last year, but they've probably stepped to far in the direction of giving you too many steps to do.

Hopefully you can just jump in his fire-team and help him crack on with the content?
    I'm on XBox now (as it was free with Ultimate Pass), he's on PS5. If I ever get a PS5 (!) I'll join him if he shows interest
  • dfunked09 27 Dec 2020 21:13:55 1,451 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Duffking wrote:
    I'm trying to get 4 kills in one invade to finish the malfeasance quest and it's just rage inducing. So many 3 kill invades, but also the general lag in gambit is unacceptable. There's so much bugginess too, I've had enemy invaders stay after the timer is up today, projectiles that are supposed to home in not home in, dying as an invader before I've even gone through the portal...
    That was a pain in the dick even when you had two rounds to invade in. Managed it on a different character that wasn't on that quest step at the time but kept getting 3 kills max on the character that needed it.

Hate to say it, but play nasty if you can. Hammerhead was the gun that did it for me in the end, but something like Truth or Xenophage should make it pretty easy.

Colony also got me a LOT of easy 3 kills (yeah, I'm a monster!)
  • dfunked09 27 Dec 2020 21:14:43 1,451 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @Carlo
    Ah, sorry. Sounds like cross play is on the way soon so you should be able to team up regardless of platform.
  • Duffking 28 Dec 2020 00:16:36 16,728 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @dfunked09 Annoyingly I've done it 9 times in the past according to my medals. Just can't pull it off now I need to. Xeno is what I usually use, I used to use hammerhead. I need a good pvp commemoration or I'd use that.

Ammo finder mods don't seem to work for me either so I usually have to just use what comes from the heavy spawn.
  • Bergraven 28 Dec 2020 02:12:06 4 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Duffking I was in the same boat, then a couple of days ago I did it, got the 4th kill just in time before the invasion timer ran out. I was dead chuffed... And it didnít trigger the quest step.

Iíve given up.
  • ozthegweat 28 Dec 2020 05:44:34 2,789 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Isn't it also possible to let a teammate do the 4 kill invasion three times? IIRC I've never done it myself, just got teamed up with some nasty SOBs.
  • Malek86 28 Dec 2020 07:25:52 11,528 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah, if you play enough Gambit, it will eventually happen. But it could take a while. And considering that it's now possible to wipe the Primeval in a matter of seconds, there are also less chances for everyone.
  • Duffking 8 Jan 2021 00:51:08 16,728 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Whew, got my Malfeasance. Did my 3 games for the pinnacle today and did an invade in the last game.
  • super_whiskey 10 Jan 2021 09:30:33 350 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finished Shadowkeep recently and absolutely loved it. A few great missions there. The only problem now is I'm back to having no meaningful content to play through.

Are the dungeons able to be completed solo?
  • dfunked09 10 Jan 2021 10:06:19 1,451 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @super_whiskey
    They are, but it'll be a balls hard challenge.
    You can get Xenophage solo easily enough if you don't mind making use of a few glitches.

Has anybody been grinding for the ship from the lure quest? If you slot the items in the lure and then reset it when you've loaded in to the mission you can keep repeating it without using a lure charge. Got a bit too tedious for me after the 6th attempt though. Apparently it's one of those things where your chance of a drop increases with each run.

Curious to see what the last two triumphs for the seasonal title are...
  • Malek86 10 Jan 2021 10:31:46 11,528 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You don't even really need the glitch for Xenophage, the first part of the dungeon is not too hard once you learn how it works. I used to do it every week just to get the chest at the end.
  • SolidSCB 13 Jan 2021 15:58:57 14,596 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally drag myself on. "Time to grind down this season pass" I say.

1st Strike: Exodus fuckin' Crash.

Yikes
  • Duffking 14 Jan 2021 10:13:42 16,728 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago

Give me my eyes of tomorrow bungies you fucks
  • Malek86 14 Jan 2021 12:06:25 11,528 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @SolidSCB this season we have had both not-Omnigul and Glassway as Nightfall. Imagine my joy.

And Bungie still hasn't added any strike specific drops since Broodhold. Though apparently they are coming soon?
  • SolidSCB 14 Jan 2021 12:18:51 14,596 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah next season apparently. Although it's only 2 unique drops per activity so I hear. So they are either going to be rare as rocking horse shit, or everyone's going to have them within a couple of days.

I don't know what was so wrong with the Strike specific special loot from D1. Made the constant replaying more palatable.
  • Duffking 14 Jan 2021 12:37:14 16,728 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I imagine the only strikes they'll add will be D1 strikes for some time to be honest. For some reason bungie don't seem to want to put effort into free content, as if they somehow can't see a route to monetisation from it. Same for stuff like crucible, no new maps because you don't have to pay for them. Really they should be adding free stuff like that so that F2P people don't get bored and are more likely to buy an expansion for even more, or drop some silver in the store.

Speaking of longevity I find it really weird that there's no horde event on Europa. I figured that's what every planet would have now, after Mars had EP, Dreaming City has Blind Well and Moon as Altars.

Could have just used the Glassway's final room for it, have vex come out and attack confluxes like in Garden of Salvation and you have to defend against waves of them.
  • SolidSCB 14 Jan 2021 12:38:39 14,596 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd be gobsmacked if that wasn't one of the seasonal activities between now and Witch Queen.
  • Malek86 14 Jan 2021 18:16:13 11,528 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It would be so easy to monetize free content: give people guns, and sell ornaments for them.
  • Beetroot_Bertie 15 Jan 2021 12:22:22 531 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    A quick noob query - I've recently been giving this a go via Stadia and have found it all a little confusing.

I was hoping to play some sort of campaign to get a feel for it all and have done (I think) the introductory stuff in the Cosmodrome (got a sparrow) and then went to the Tower. Spoke to few folks, got given some stuff but then my first mission from the Captain threw me in to a short hit on some Wizard or Witch back in the Cosmodrome (in the interior of a crashed ship, I think) with a couple of random real folks. Didn't have much of clue what was going on TBH and just followed them and shot stuff and died until it ended.

Is this the typical loop of the game or there more to the solo stuff?
  • Malek86 15 Jan 2021 12:57:54 11,528 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Beetroot_Bertie that was the strike mission, I think? Strikes are played with other people, but there's also a lot of other content that you can play solo. That said, strikes are pretty much the backbone of the PvE in Destiny, so expect to play a lot of them.

Generally, the typical loop of the game is completing bounties. You can get those from various vendors in the tower. Bounties often require you to play specific activities, so in the end you will be playing those activities to complete bounties.

If you don't have any expansions, the free content is not much so you'll be doing that a lot. The more expansions you have, the more variety, though things are generally pretty thin on the ground right now because they removed a lot of content just a couple months ago.
  • Beetroot_Bertie 15 Jan 2021 13:45:15 531 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nice one. Thank you!
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.