Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 240

• dfunked09 18 Feb 2021 08:43:03 1,614 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Took me a few tries but I was staying downstairs until it triggered the flames. Popping in and out sounds far more manageable!

Witherhoard and a heavy rocket launcher worked for me.

Would love to see more bosses like that in strikes etc... So much more fun than invulnerability phases!
  • THFourteen 18 Feb 2021 09:05:39 53,952 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    dfunked09 wrote:
    @SolidSCB
    Deluxe is the one that comes with all four seasons. Beyond light + season pass only comes with whatever the current season is.
    Cheers for this, I almost bought the one with the closed season. Deluxe is what I need.
  • [maven] 18 Feb 2021 10:07:06 5,728 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    gamecat wrote:
    Did the new exotic mission tonight, great fun. Did in a duo though, not sure I'd manage that boss solo. Edit. Got a bit confused that you have to run it again for random rolls, maybe I will have a go solo after all.
    Yeah, the mission is great. Well done, Bungie!

(I did it solo blind. Took me about 2-3h ish. I strongly recommend doing it blind and puzzling it out.)
  • Carlo 18 Feb 2021 10:13:34 21,600 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    [maven] wrote:
    gamecat wrote:
    Did the new exotic mission tonight, great fun. Did in a duo though, not sure I'd manage that boss solo. Edit. Got a bit confused that you have to run it again for random rolls, maybe I will have a go solo after all.
    Yeah, the mission is great. Well done, Bungie!

(I did it solo blind. Took me about 2-3h ish. I strongly recommend doing it blind and puzzling it out.)
    And from what I read, I think there's more to come... There's some things in that instance that many are saying point to it becomming larger than it currently is.
  • SolidSCB 18 Feb 2021 10:38:15 14,913 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah if it's anything like some of the other big Exotic quests, it will vary week to week.

There's a harder difficulty version of the mission to come as well, which I would guess is tied to the Catalyst.
  • Duffking 18 Feb 2021 14:45:46 16,773 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Only took about 15 Platinum Nightfalls this week to get a single drop of the Palindrome. Which predictably rolled with absolute garbage.

Drop rates really need looking at.
    What difficulty did you run it at? At master you'll probably get one near every time.
  • SolidSCB 18 Feb 2021 14:54:50 14,913 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hero for me, I don't have a group to play with at present for any higher. I get it's down as uncommon but 3 drops from around 40 Strikes in 2 weeks for a randomly rolled weapon is laughable.

Seen similar stories around the other new activity weapons, such as people getting their Guilded Dredgen title before seeing a single Bottom Dollar drop. It's way too stingy.
  • super_whiskey 18 Feb 2021 18:15:58 358 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is the presage starter quest glitched for anyone else? Unless you're the first one to get there I can't get it to activate.
  • dfunked09 18 Feb 2021 19:45:41 1,614 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Can't remember if I had to interact with something to grab it (IIRC there was something sitting on the platform that you stole a ship from on the red war campaign)

We skipped a few turrets in the corridors along the way, but cleared all enemies out that final area.

It doesn't pop a quest into your log, you need to go to Zavalla to progress it.

Edited by dfunked09 at 19:46:31 18-02-2021
  • Duffking 18 Feb 2021 20:26:50 16,773 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Hero for me, I don't have a group to play with at present for any higher. I get it's down as uncommon but 3 drops from around 40 Strikes in 2 weeks for a randomly rolled weapon is laughable.

Seen similar stories around the other new activity weapons, such as people getting their Guilded Dredgen title before seeing a single Bottom Dollar drop. It's way too stingy.
    Just do the GM for the adept one :D
  • Duffking 18 Feb 2021 22:59:54 16,773 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Weekly "I have to play gambit for a weekly challenge" reminder that gambit is the worst game mode in any game, ever
  • Duffking 18 Feb 2021 23:12:10 16,773 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm honestly not convinced that any one of my teammates this evening has realised that they can shoot the invader and blockers to get rid of them.
  • gamecat 19 Feb 2021 00:09:48 1,096 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ive taken to just hanging at the bank with a shotgun. It's weird though, I'm clearing blockers and everyone else is running round after mobs, yet hardly anyone banking motes, maybe they cant find the bank??
  • dfunked09 19 Feb 2021 08:42:24 1,614 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @gamecat
    You've got to get to 15 motes even if you've already got 5 and that's enough to summon the primevil... It's the unwritten law of gambit.
  • Duffking 19 Feb 2021 13:31:11 16,773 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ah, so you're the reason I get so bloody annoyed at that mode 😅
  • wuntyate 20 Feb 2021 12:21:39 16,533 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I decided to finally take a look at gambit this morning. It's brilliant fun. Not sure why I haven't bothered before now. I'm bloody good at it as well.

And modest.
  • Bichii 20 Feb 2021 12:34:55 4,303 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just get a decent sniper rifle and invade mid boss phase. I don't get it at all. It's infuriating. When the menagerie sniper was best thing (can't remember the name) it was ridiculously easy to just invade mid boss and just keep putting their boss health up again. Unless how it plays has changed of course. I've not touched it for maybe a year outside of doing a couple of missions of the latest add on.
  • Duffking 20 Feb 2021 12:41:08 16,773 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It doesn't really matter if you get invaded with the boss up that much these days. You can kill the boss in under 10 seconds.
  • dfunked09 20 Feb 2021 12:43:31 1,614 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @Bichii
    They've changed it a little (condensed prime and regular into a single mode with 1 round instead of 3)
    But yeah, if you're on the team that's not invading then chances are you're on the losing team.

I used to love invading with Hammerhead... Really miss that gun :(
  • telboy007_v3 20 Feb 2021 12:44:40 58 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    This is easily the best Destiny 2 has been, we will eventually hit that nothing to grind for brick wall but having another exotic with random rolls especially one as good as dead man's tale is a good move added with the fact that mission is aceicles. Plus the fact nearly all activities are rewarding in one way or another (loots or cabal gold). Good times, for now. 👍
  • Malek86 20 Feb 2021 12:45:08 11,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    New Gambit is much better than before, but still not something I want to play. Not even for the weekly pinnacle drop.
  • SolidSCB 20 Feb 2021 12:52:33 14,913 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've no idea why they rolled regular Gambit and Prime together. Prime was excellent fun a few seasons back, 90% of games everyone knew what they were doing.

I'm guessing the footprint across both modes was pitiful so they just said to hell with it.

As for the other PvP modes, fuckin' meh. I play my 3 games and get the hell out of there for the rest of the week. Sometimes I don't even bother doing that. It still amazes me to this day that these were the guys that brought Halo into this world. Destiny couldn't be any further on the other end of the spectrum, it's a total dumpster fire.
  • Malek86 20 Feb 2021 12:56:33 11,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'd much rather play a game of Control than Gambit. Still not something I actively want to do, but I actually don't mind running PvP for bounties, whereas you couldn't catch me playing Gambit unless they were giving away an emblem or some pinnacle gun. Shame about all the Stasis users but I'm getting used at this point.

Edited by Malek86 at 12:57:06 20-02-2021
  • Bichii 20 Feb 2021 13:23:56 4,303 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I actually like the PvP, or I did when I was still playing. I used to hate it at first. I'd love a mode though with no supers. That first few minutes before people get supers are by far the most fun! Used to love rocking the last word? or basically any of the fun hand cannons. That titan striker gave me so much rage.
  • THFourteen 20 Feb 2021 20:15:43 53,952 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Anyone got a minute spare to help a noob?

Reached power level 1250 but all my gear is pretty rubbish, blues and not really suitable for a Titan in terms of “rolls”

I have a couple of exotics but they are all low power level.

What should I do next? I’ve done a few strikes, still got quite a bit of story to do.

Should I “infuse” some of my yellow items? How does the crafting work, is there a decent guide for any of this, none of it is very well explained in game.
  • dfunked09 20 Feb 2021 20:27:09 1,614 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    If you look at the season pass menu you should see that you get high stat items (65 IIRC) as rewards at around level 35. I'd say aim for those as a starter set, but for now just equip any old shit that drops for you.

I wouldn't worry too much about infusing exotics unless they're really low power level. You'll be pretty low on the resources needed to do it if you're new.
  • Malek86 20 Feb 2021 20:35:23 11,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @THFourteen once you get to 1250, you can only find higher power gear by running weekly challenges. Check the director to see what is available: whenever there's something that rewards "powerful" or "pinnacle" gear, that means it will be higher level than your current max. And occasionally enemies will drop a Prime Engram that also contains powerful gear.

Since there is no crafting, and only drops, once you are into the rhythm of running activities for powerful gear, the general idea is that you should keep playing until you find some weapons with perks you like, and then keep powering those up with infusions, so they remain usable throughout any activity. Same for exotics.

But in practice, there are a few problems with this approach. The first is that infusing is quite expensive: it requires an upgrade module, an item that is not nearly as common as it should be. The other thing is that, aside from high-level activities (none of which have matchmaking so they are not noob-friendly anyway), a power level of 1250-1260 should suffice for just about everything.

So imo the real way to go about things is to keep the weapons and armor you like plus the highest power item you can find for each of your inventory slot. Whenever you find a higher power one for that slot, you dismantle the previous one and keep that. The reason to do this is so that your max power increases and your drops get better. I won't start actually infusing things until I get to around the hard power cap for the season (which is 1300 right now). Or until I've run out of space and can't stash anymore upgrade modules (outside of the vault, the max you can have is 25 in the inventory and 25 in the postmaster).

One exception: you can infuse an item with the exact same item type, pretty much for free. So let's say you have a Blasphemer among your weapons: if you find another Blasphemer with worse perks but higher power level, just infuse your current one with it.

Edited by Malek86 at 20:40:51 20-02-2021
  • [maven] 20 Feb 2021 20:41:12 5,728 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @THFourteen Basically just play the game (run strike playlist, pvp, whatever) until you're 1300 (which is the soft-cap for this season), picking up powerful or pinnacle rewards along the way. I'd kind of avoid (story) stuff that gives "old / sunset power level rewards".

I wouldn't worry about infusing yet, but as you approach 1300, keep any high level stat armor, preferably with a higher power cap so you can use it for longer.

I'd only infuse up exotics if you a) like using them, and b) there's a need for them to be higher level.

Basically I'd only worry about gear sets as you approach high power-level content.

Also keep doing bounties, in particular gunsmith (Banshee-44) ones so you can always buy the mods that he sells; the warmind ones in particular are pretty nice with a set of Seraph / Ikelos weapons.
  • THFourteen 20 Feb 2021 21:04:56 53,952 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ah thanks for the detailed replies all. I hadn't realised the soft cap was 1300, for some reason thought it was 1250 so still a little "normal" stuff to do.

Also interesting about the power level of stuff in your inventory, will have to adjust that as im carrying a load of useless stuff right now.

Have tried some crucible rumble mode (got absolutely whooped about 8 matches) and then some strikes which were fun. Havent really got the time to sit and play continuously for 3 hours to do a raid or whatever sadly, i tend to play in bursts so even if i am on for a couple of hours i am ducking in and out doing various things.

Should i be trading in all the stuff i find to the vendors like the dusklight shards or gunsmith materials? i am a natural hoarder you see...
  • Malek86 20 Feb 2021 21:48:43 11,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Vendors are pretty useless at this point, other than giving you bounties and quests. Keep your vendor trash around instead. Though I'd take the time to at least buy mods from Banshee.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.