Destiny 2 - read first post for clan info Page 241

  • Duffking 21 Feb 2021 12:35:16 16,773 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @THFourteen also, you don't need stuff equipped for it to count toward the level stuff drops at. You don't even need it in your inventory. It could be in the vault, or on a second character, it'll still count as long as it's sitting around somewhere.

    This tends to be how people power level at the start of a season, they'll do all the powerfuls on one character, then swap to another character and because they have some guns at a higher level on another character the drops they get on the next character will start to average the PL out even if they don't grab powerful drops. After that they can get all the powerfuls to raise the level higher, and repeat.
  • THFourteen 22 Feb 2021 09:33:38 53,952 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Duffking

    I read somewhere that I shouldnít have low level stuff in my inventory as it affects the drops I get, is that true?

    Also if infuse a 1212 item with a 1253 item, does it gain all the power or just a few levels?
  • SolidSCB 22 Feb 2021 09:55:49 14,913 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Straight up to whatever level the item is.

    You need to try and balance how much you are infusing though if you are starting from 0 upgrade modules. You can hit a wall once you go past the soft cap if you are throwing materials into stuff that only adds 1 or 2 points. My rule of thumb is to infuse at +10 or so past that point until you reach the Pinnacle cap.
  • SolidSCB 22 Feb 2021 10:00:31 14,913 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    and don't be afraid to equip blues as a stopgap to boost your power level in the meantime. An early mistake I made when this new system was introduced was stubbornly refusing to unequip my legendary armour and infusing everything into it. It's best to try and stockpile as many materials as you can.
  • THFourteen 22 Feb 2021 10:12:51 53,952 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @SolidSCB

    Yeah it looks like I have 20 upgrade modules in the bank from god knows how...

    Itís actually just one gun in particular not sure where I got it from but itís quite fun to use - Riskrunner I think itís called.

    Item drops now seem to be slowing to tiny upgrades of 1251-1255 so it should be safe to at least use one to get it to level 125x. Itís currently 1168 or something.
  • THFourteen 22 Feb 2021 10:13:48 53,952 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I donít have many exotics other than that, got a few very low level ones from 2 years ago, and the shotgun Duality which is level 1250 already
  • Duffking 22 Feb 2021 10:14:40 16,773 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @THFourteen nah, that's bollocks. It only cares about the highest thing you have for each slot, whether it's equipped, in inventory, or whatever.

    This site will tell you what your current highest is for each slot and whether world drops or powerfulsm etc will increase your light:

    https://destiny-power-bars.corke.dev/
  • nickthegun 22 Feb 2021 10:18:07 85,079 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Vendors are pretty useless at this point
    Yeah, for real. I am working through old questlines at the moment and have a 'kill 100 enemies on the moon with a machine gun' and I literally cant remember one dropping in the whole time ive been playing.

    If it was 'collect 100 sidearms and hand cannons' I would have cleared it in half an hour.
  • Duffking 22 Feb 2021 10:23:57 16,773 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It sucks that you can't even use vendors to even out your PL in slots any more. Or creep the PL up on your alts. Instead you just get soon to be sunset guns and badly rolled armour. Would be nice they at least dropped up to date activity gear.
  • gamecat 22 Feb 2021 10:35:38 1,096 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Thermal Erosion from a Variks hunt thing if you need a MG.
  • SolidSCB 22 Feb 2021 10:39:02 14,913 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    @SolidSCB

    Yeah it looks like I have 20 upgrade modules in the bank from god knows how...

    Itís actually just one gun in particular not sure where I got it from but itís quite fun to use - Riskrunner I think itís called.

    Item drops now seem to be slowing to tiny upgrades of 1251-1255 so it should be safe to at least use one to get it to level 125x. Itís currently 1168 or something.
    Riskrunner is still one of the best Exotics in the game, so you've got a good one there.

    Absolutely deadly in any activity with Fallen.
  • Carlo 22 Feb 2021 11:06:45 21,600 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So I finished the "Birds of a feather" Hawkmoon collectathon this weekend and I'm absolutely in love with the ship you get from it, the Radiant Accipiter.

    I cannot recall ever seeing a loading screen so nice!
  • Malek86 22 Feb 2021 12:11:57 11,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm still slowly edging at the catalyst from last season. Without the season pass, progress is painfully slow. And I guess there will be another one for this season too, as soon as I hit level 35 and get the exotic bow...

    I've even taken to masterworking Suros Regime and Skyburner's Oath. Those 1000 Cabal kills are gonna be a pain, but not as much as 300 crucible kills with an auto rifle.
  • Malek86 22 Feb 2021 12:17:47 11,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Straight up to whatever level the item is.

    You need to try and balance how much you are infusing though if you are starting from 0 upgrade modules. You can hit a wall once you go past the soft cap if you are throwing materials into stuff that only adds 1 or 2 points. My rule of thumb is to infuse at +10 or so past that point until you reach the Pinnacle cap.
    My personal rule, once a season starts, is to stockpile all the high level stuff. Then, once I get around the level of the Hero Nightfall, infuse just enough to play it comfortably (not the whole gear either, since my loadout is restricted by those damn champions). After that, I can wait until I hit the hard cap on drops before infusing pretty much my entire equipment.

    Especially now that Banshee doesn't have weekly bounties anymore, upgrade modules are gonna be even rarer. Just the ghost shell mod won't drop a lot of them.

    Edited by Malek86 at 12:20:50 22-02-2021
  • THFourteen 22 Feb 2021 12:21:55 53,952 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah I donít particularly have goals in this game, so far have done a few strikes which were fun and other than that just playing the various quest lines, bounties, public events etc.

    Donít think I play enough to get close to 1300, and I donít have time to sit and play 3 hour raids. I also suck too much to be of any use in PvP so most of the high level rewards are out of reach anyway.

    Itís just fun to play.
  • Duffking 22 Feb 2021 12:28:32 16,773 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @THFourteen strictly speaking once you've done a raid once they're usually only 40-50 minutes ;)

    Carlo wrote:
    So I finished the "Birds of a feather" Hawkmoon collectathon this weekend and I'm absolutely in love with the ship you get from it, the Radiant Accipiter.

    I cannot recall ever seeing a loading screen so nice!
    I can't imagine ever using a ship other than the one I got from the Whisper quest...
  • Abarth_71 22 Feb 2021 12:42:54 24 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Best ship? Has to be the Platinum Starling for me, unobtainable as well now since you had to forge 100 Black Armoury weapons to get it.
  • Carlo 22 Feb 2021 13:00:50 21,600 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Duffking wrote:
    @THFourteen strictly speaking once you've done a raid once they're usually only 40-50 minutes ;)

    Carlo wrote:
    So I finished the "Birds of a feather" Hawkmoon collectathon this weekend and I'm absolutely in love with the ship you get from it, the Radiant Accipiter.

    I cannot recall ever seeing a loading screen so nice!
    I can't imagine ever using a ship other than the one I got from the Whisper quest...
    Thousand Wings?
    https://omggamer.com/destiny-2-a-thousand-wings-exotic-ship-complete-guide/

    That does look absolutely fucking mental!
  • Malek86 22 Feb 2021 13:13:31 11,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I have three ships, just to spice things up when I feel like it: Shadow Trespass (my main), Zavala's Authority and Platinum Starling. I miss my old Last Battle from D1.

    On the other hand, I only have one sparrow: a Tilt Fuse with instant summon.

    Edited by Malek86 at 13:18:07 22-02-2021
  • dfunked09 22 Feb 2021 13:20:11 1,614 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Don't think I've changed from Platinum Starling on my hunter since it dropped for me... Love that ship!!!

    Stardevil Predator and Unsecured/Outcry on the others.

    Stardevil Predator's wing animations are pretty cool!

    Edited by dfunked09 at 13:26:52 22-02-2021
  • Duffking 22 Feb 2021 13:25:48 16,773 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Carlo Yeah that's the one. It doesn't shade at all but whatever, it looks cool as balls. I've not used another one since I got it.
  • nickthegun 22 Feb 2021 13:27:25 85,079 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Yeah I donít particularly have goals in this game, so far have done a few strikes which were fun and other than that just playing the various quest lines, bounties, public events etc.

    Donít think I play enough to get close to 1300, and I donít have time to sit and play 3 hour raids. I also suck too much to be of any use in PvP so most of the high level rewards are out of reach anyway.

    Itís just fun to play.
    This is kind of where I am. The game wants far more from me than I'm willing to give so I've unplugged from all the grinding and levelling. I don't even understand half the systems and currencies. I can't even be arsed to decode umbral engrams.

    I know 'go hard or go home' gets you the whales but I've never sank a penny into destiny because I feel completely excluded from anything that I would consider paying for.
  • SolidSCB 22 Feb 2021 13:36:16 14,913 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The gameplay's the star anyway. The other hardcore activities are cool if you can do them, but even basic Strikes are satisfying.

    The unfortunate side effect is that everything else in the same ballpark as Destiny feels dire to actually play. I bounced pretty hard off Division 2 after 20-30 minutes last week as it felt like an absolute fucking chore trawling through the streets minute to minute.
  • nickthegun 22 Feb 2021 13:57:13 85,079 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, its why I play. I do love the core game. I mean, I put in a reasonable amount of time, comparable to a game that I would say I played frequently, its just that it wants *all* the time, which Im just not going to give it.
  • Carlo 22 Feb 2021 14:02:08 21,600 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    The gameplay's the star anyway. The other hardcore activities are cool if you can do them, but even basic Strikes are satisfying.

    The unfortunate side effect is that everything else in the same ballpark as Destiny feels dire to actually play. I bounced pretty hard off Division 2 after 20-30 minutes last week as it felt like an absolute fucking chore trawling through the streets minute to minute.
    Division is probably the only one that comes close to it gunplay wise as a looter-shooter.
  • gamecat 22 Feb 2021 20:16:57 1,096 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    The unfortunate side effect is that everything else in the same ballpark as Destiny feels dire to actually play.
    Went back to Borderland 3 at the weekend, and jesus that feels slow and awkward after Destiny. Sparrow, hop , hop, headshot, shatterdive .. it all feels so, so, nice in comparison.
  • dfunked09 23 Feb 2021 18:11:50 1,614 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Oh dear... Update seems to be fucked!
    Had a crash at login issue and now it looks like they've pulled it.

    Probably won't be farming another roll of DMT tonight then.

    /edit
    Down until after 7... Been a while since they've gone far past reset time
    https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/360049199271

    Used to love it when their outage time was pretty much the entirety of Friday evening.

    Edited by dfunked09 at 18:20:19 23-02-2021
  • Carlo 23 Feb 2021 18:46:41 21,600 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @dfunked09 what system? PC xbox, ps?
  • dfunked09 23 Feb 2021 18:49:35 1,614 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    PC, but sounds like it's just regular maintenance... Crash issue was a bit weird but probably coincidence.

    Maintenance has been extended to 20:00 UTC now - https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1364282673481441280?s=21
  • SolidSCB 23 Feb 2021 18:56:14 14,913 posts
    Seen 1 second ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bastards, was hoping for a quick blast to see what was new just now.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.