Following And you thought Ryan Air were bad? (United are worse) Page 2

• Armoured_Bear 10 Apr 2017 21:25:55 27,192 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dizzy wrote:
    I am shocked at all the other passengers just whipping out their phones and filming. Yeah that is some good resistance there. Bunch of fucking cowards.
    Surprised?
    It's what everyone does in every situation now, pathetic as it is, it's in no way surprising.
  • challenge_hanukkah 10 Apr 2017 21:29:34 11,047 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So what would you do exactly?
  • LetsGoAGAIN 10 Apr 2017 21:37:53 703 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Don't film it or put it on social media to cause uproar for the airplane company.

Instead assault a policeman and get thrown in jail.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 10 Apr 2017 21:51:03 20,400 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I would have kicked the first guy in the balls. As he bent down I would have leap frogged over him, and landed on the second guy in the full mount position. Before he could react I'd pull out his eye balls and roll them down the aisle just in time to make the third guy slip over them. Now the first guy would be coming at me again. I'd parry his first blow with my left hand before using the palm of my right hand to push his nose into his frontal lobe. Then I'd do a back flip and land with my knees into the spine of the third guy paralysing him. Then I'd help Mr Chan up and jog down to the front of the plane with everyone shouting "DECKARD, DECKARD, DECKARD" as I high fived them. Then I would fly the plane to Benidorm while the fittest airhostess was playing with my balls and we'd all have the best holiday ever.
  • elstoof 10 Apr 2017 21:52:37 23,687 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Shame you couldn't take Cynthia
  • samharper 10 Apr 2017 21:59:16 1,119 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was more irritated with the constant "OHH MAAHH GAAAWWWDDD"
  • Deleted user 10 April 2017 22:24:48
    Fuck the TSA, like the cops they forget who they're supposed to be protect and serving
  • PazJohnMitch 10 Apr 2017 22:32:35 14,594 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The cops know precisely who they serve. Themselves!
  • Syrette 10 Apr 2017 23:04:22 50,297 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Apparently the bloke was probably picked on because he had earlier volunteered to leave but changed his mind.

On another note, I'd have jumped at $800, a hotel room for the night, and a flight the next day.
  • Dizzy 10 Apr 2017 23:05:52 3,710 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Dizzy wrote:
    I am shocked at all the other passengers just whipping out their phones and filming. Yeah that is some good resistance there. Bunch of fucking cowards.
    Surprised?
    It's what everyone does in every situation now, pathetic as it is, it's in no way surprising.
    Dude... I would just have given up my seat.
  • damagedinc 10 Apr 2017 23:32:10 2,695 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Should have just got off the plane lol
  • FWB 10 Apr 2017 23:45:09 56,156 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    I would have kicked the first guy in the balls. As he bent down I would have leap frogged over him, and landed on the second guy in the full mount position. Before he could react I'd pull out his eye balls and roll them down the aisle just in time to make the third guy slip over them. Now the first guy would be coming at me again. I'd parry his first blow with my left hand before using the palm of my right hand to push his nose into his frontal lobe. Then I'd do a back flip and land with my knees into the spine of the third guy paralysing him. Then I'd help Mr Chan up and jog down to the front of the plane with everyone shouting "DECKARD, DECKARD, DECKARD" as I high fived them. Then I would fly the plane to Benidorm while the fittest airhostess was playing with my balls and we'd all have the best holiday ever.
    Sign me up.
  • mrpon 10 Apr 2017 23:52:47 35,330 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Never knew you were an airhostess.
  • Load_2.0 11 Apr 2017 07:38:51 29,646 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    On another note, I'd have jumped at $800, a hotel room for the night, and a flight the next day.
    Yeah definitely, this is the part I find bizarre.
  • PazJohnMitch 11 Apr 2017 07:40:53 14,594 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    In America not turning up for work the next day can get you fired on the spot. $800 is not worth that.
  • Carlo 11 Apr 2017 07:49:42 20,573 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    funkstar wrote:
    ...so they picked two couples at random...
    Slightly different, I heard them say they had a computer pick who gets bumped off, and those are the people it chose.

They never said anything about it being random or anything, so for all we know the people kicked off were the most profitable choices or something.

We just assume it's random because we don't know how it's programmed.
  • Rusty_M 11 Apr 2017 07:53:37 7,007 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They shouldn't have overbooked in the first place
  • drhickman1983 11 Apr 2017 07:56:56 5,994 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    So what would you do exactly?
    Should have handed the cop a tiny can of Pepsi, that'd sort it out.
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Apr 2017 08:04:02 32,585 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    funkstar wrote:
    ...so they picked two couples at random...
    Slightly different, I heard them say they had a computer pick who gets bumped off, and those are the people it chose.

They never said anything about it being random or anything, so for all we know the people kicked off were the most profitable choices or something.

We just assume it's random because we don't know how it's programmed.
    But you're missing the important question here. Can this computer be programmed ...

... to love?
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Apr 2017 08:05:05 32,585 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Yeah definitely, this is the part I find bizarre.
    According to the article (so might be bollocks) people were saying he was a doctor who had to get to the hospital the next day.

Not everyone is a lazy bastard like us :D
  • challenge_hanukkah 11 Apr 2017 08:14:33 11,047 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There's just something about men in uniform manhandling screaming people that really turns you on.
  • mrpon 11 Apr 2017 08:19:50 35,330 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What about those who booked last go off first? Or is that too intelligent.
  • Tonka 11 Apr 2017 08:40:40 29,679 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Was it united who refused to let a ten year old girl on board because she was wearing leggings?
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Apr 2017 08:40:58 32,585 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fourfoldroot wrote:
    Unless these passengers want to pay more for their flights they have to consent to overbooking practices so airlines can ensure full flights. As such, on rare occasions that everyone actually turns up for the flight, volunteers are asked for to take the next flight. Those people screaming on the plane about how bad this is could have given up their seat, but apparently they cared more about being heard complaining than actually helping. In that they are complicit. You can feel sorry for the guy sure, but it's just a bit of bad luck and he should have acted with a little dignity IMO.
    The folk that were filming were complicit with who? united? And the guy should have had more dignity?

So basically every single person involved is in the wrong. Good fence sitting there.
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Apr 2017 08:44:37 32,585 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I mean (if the facts are true) we have an airline company saying "WE overbooked and so WE will forcibly drag a passenger down the aisle by his arms to get him off the plane".

In what possible scenario does that make sense? How can the airline not be the one in the wrong?
  • Deleted user 11 April 2017 08:49:37
    Fourfoldroot wrote:
    Unless these passengers want to pay more for their flights they have to consent to overbooking practices so airlines can ensure full flights. As such, on rare occasions that everyone actually turns up for the flight, volunteers are asked for to take the next flight. Those people screaming on the plane about how bad this is could have given up their seat, but apparently they cared more about being heard complaining than actually helping. In that they are complicit. You can feel sorry for the guy sure, but it's just a bit of bad luck and he should have acted with a little dignity IMO.
    So why should it have been him? What gives them the right to 'volunteer' him over anyone else on the plane? When does dragging someone off a plane become something that should be met with dignity. If someone tried pulling me off of a seat i had paid for and was SAT in, i would have kicked off even more than he did.

If people are allowed onto a plane and have taken their seat they should be entitled to do the journey and those that were left (and obviously were the last people to check in) should be the ones who would miss their flight.

Lastly, it is not bad luck, it is just bad.
  • CosmicFuzz 11 Apr 2017 08:50:18 32,585 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What? You said your opinion and you said 'everyome was wrong'. Total cop out.

And if United had overbooked and no one wanted to leave, then that's on them to give people better reasons to stay behind. They have a duty to provide the flight or offer acceptable compensation.

What if the person they chose had some super important reason to be where he was going? Doesn't matter, United have spoken.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.