UK General Election 2017: Scumbags vs. Clowns Page 301

  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Jun 2017 09:49:24 9,474 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Also all the "traitor" language they were so upset about the Mail etc using is their entire vocabulary for anyone who even ponders a rival position to the Dear Leader
  • H1ggyLTD 30 Jun 2017 09:52:57 11,916 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Maybe Gary Linekar can for a new centre party for those of you without strong opinions about anything.

    The Ready Salted Party
  • disusedgenius 30 Jun 2017 09:57:39 9,597 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I see what you did there.
  • disusedgenius 30 Jun 2017 10:00:05 9,597 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not that I appreciate the downtalking about salted crisps, mind.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Jun 2017 10:00:18 9,474 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A populist left-liberal party that didn't want to smash the economy into pieces while pledging to maintain government benefit cuts and hurling abuse at all who oppose it?

    I'm in
  • thelzdking 30 Jun 2017 10:06:29 9,048 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A party that isn't based on an ideology that amounts to utopian flim-flam would do me.

    Edited by thelzdking at 10:38:08 30-06-2017
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Jun 2017 10:30:25 9,474 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I know the White Stripes are popular but I don't think I'd want to ruin my friends lives and destroy the economy over one of their songs
  • FWB 30 Jun 2017 10:31:57 55,752 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    No. No. NO populism. Enough already with this shit. A rational, social-liberal and caring party, please.
  • thelzdking 30 Jun 2017 10:39:01 9,048 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Plus The White Stripes are shite beyond belief.
  • KnuttinAtoll 30 Jun 2017 10:45:50 6,864 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hang on. Is the DUP's party colour white?

    Then the Red White & Blue Brexit would finally make sense!
  • thelzdking 30 Jun 2017 10:48:27 9,048 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Three shades of shite.
  • drhickman1983 30 Jun 2017 10:55:46 5,724 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Going against the parties policy was never really going to end well, tbf.

    given how fucked and divided labour was pre-election I can understand why the whips have come out. If labour fragments like it did before any gains they have will be lost.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Jun 2017 10:58:59 9,474 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Buzzwords for conference season:
    deselection, purge, traitor, Blairite
  • Blurp 30 Jun 2017 11:49:27 1,436 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe Who do you vote for? This isn't a jibe or related to anything said recently, I'm just having a hard time pinning down who you support.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Jun 2017 12:00:54 9,474 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Voted Labour in the locals (one county councillor, three parish councillors) and Green in the general election.

    Voted Labour in 2015 and Lib Dem in 2010, 2005 and 2001. Wasn't old enough to vote before that.

    Used to vote LD in the locals because where I used to live Labour were rubbish and caught up in some scandals that had Private Eye calling them rotten.

    I live in a safe Labour seat (increased vote from 19k to twenty-something this time) but I wanted to register my displeasure at the character around the party and the local candidate's stance on Brexit (loves it) and equal marriage (opposed it). A futile gesture but I feel that liberal-left strand of the Greens too and since the system is against them Lucas needs all the national vote share she can get to increase the legitimacy of her public standing.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 30 Jun 2017 12:01:53 1,601 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Going against the parties policy was never really going to end well, tbf.

    given how fucked and divided labour was pre-election I can understand why the whips have come out. If labour fragments like it did before any gains they have will be lost.
    Be prepared then for more fragmentation. The Labour appointed peers from the Blair years cannot stand Corbyn and will back any insurrection within the PLP to weaken his authority.
  • Blurp 30 Jun 2017 12:05:00 1,436 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Voted Labour in the locals (one county councillor, three parish councillors) and Green in the general election.

    Voted Labour in 2015 and Lib Dem in 2010, 2005 and 2001. Wasn't old enough to vote before that.

    Used to vote LD in the locals because where I used to live Labour were rubbish and caught up in some scandals that had Private Eye calling them rotten.

    I live in a safe Labour seat (increased vote from 19k to twenty-something this time) but I wanted to register my displeasure at the character around the party and the local candidate's stance on Brexit (loves it) and equal marriage (opposed it). A futile gesture but I feel that liberal-left strand of the Greens too and since the system is against them Lucas needs all the national vote share she can get to increase the legitimacy of her public standing.
    Thanks for the detailed response! I like to categorise people, you see.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Jun 2017 12:07:49 9,474 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I probably sound all over the place in this thread because it's a neat space for talking about politics rather than campaigning/talking politics
  • Deleted user 30 June 2017 13:43:21
    the euro and EU should hurry up with their inevitable collapse so this whole brexit stuff becomes redundant. i'd be surprised if it survives until the deadline, in any case.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 30 Jun 2017 13:48:18 18,502 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You'll be surprised if the EU lasts another 2 years?
  • drhickman1983 30 Jun 2017 13:54:45 5,724 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    whatfruitlivesagain wrote:
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Going against the parties policy was never really going to end well, tbf.

    given how fucked and divided labour was pre-election I can understand why the whips have come out. If labour fragments like it did before any gains they have will be lost.
    Be prepared then for more
    fragmentation. The Labour appointed peers from the Blair years cannot stand Corbyn and will back any insurrection within the PLP to weaken his authority.
    Oh yeah, I fully expect that and its a bit shit really. Even with the Tories in a weak state it'll be hard to be an effective opposition when that fracture is on the verge of splitting open again.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Jun 2017 17:51:43 9,474 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Labour's chairman thinks that they might be too broad a church aka the purge is coming

    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/labour-chairman-deselected_uk_59562e36e4b0da2c7322c70f
  • GoatApocalypse 30 Jun 2017 20:26:56 5,329 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^ support.
  • GoatApocalypse 30 Jun 2017 20:27:32 5,329 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There is no place for melts like West Streeting in my Labour Party k thx bye
  • GoatApocalypse 30 Jun 2017 20:28:23 5,329 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    dankcushions wrote:
    the euro and EU should hurry up with their inevitable collapse so this whole brexit stuff becomes redundant. i'd be surprised if it survives until the deadline, in any case.
    Lols when the EU outlives the UK&NI
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Jun 2017 21:48:27 9,474 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seems like Chuka Umunna has probably given Team Jez and Momentum the excuse they needed with his soft Brexit amendment.

    I see Keir Starmer has been sharing the Labour aims for Brexit and saying they haven't change. True to an extent but given how it's mostly unachievable and the way they treat dissenters it's pretty clear they're still in favour of a hard one even if they're dressing it up in more kindly language.
  • mal 30 Jun 2017 22:08:15 29,326 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    GoatApocalypse wrote:
    dankcushions wrote:
    the euro and EU should hurry up with their inevitable collapse so this whole brexit stuff becomes redundant. i'd be surprised if it survives until the deadline, in any case.
    Lols when the EU outlives the UK&NI
    Not sure, but I think whenever dankcusions posts I've enjoyed his username more than anything he's actually posted voluntarily.
  • Blurp 29 Aug 2017 19:51:21 1,436 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tory Momentum is going as expected. Some of the replies are pretty good. Activate UK

    You can tell they've all sat in a room and tried to breakdown why Labour did so well in the GE and this is what they came up with. A Momentum copy that completely misses the point.

    Edited by Blurp at 19:53:33 29-08-2017
  • disusedgenius 29 Aug 2017 20:09:52 9,597 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Labour's chairman thinks that they might be too broad a church aka the purge is coming

    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/labour-chairman-deselected_uk_59562e36e4b0da2c7322c70f
    Ah, the march of the puritans. Saying that, I've been hearing talk of this for a year or two, so let's see whether they actually do anything about it.
  • FWB 29 Aug 2017 21:43:25 55,752 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Blurp wrote:
    Tory Momentum is going as expected. Some of the replies are pretty good. Activate UK

    You can tell they've all sat in a room and tried to breakdown why Labour did so well in the GE and this is what they came up with. A Momentum copy that completely misses the point.
    It's pretty funny but not in the way they think. Cringing, but funny.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.