Following Far Cry 5 Page 34

• Nitrous 5 Jun 2018 12:28:41 1,879 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Still not got FC5 yet. Was waiting on seeing what the DLC was like in the gold edition first as I've no interest in playing FC3 again.

Still two more to go?
  • Vortex808 5 Jun 2018 12:35:28 13,532 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I was just slowly nearing the end of the game (1 apostle to go), before the final push I guess, so I guess the DLC comes at a decent time for me.

I got forced into a showdown with Jacob before I had planned, which meant a load of side-missions were lost due to the enemies being cleared out which was a shame. I will need to hoover up more missions before taking on Faith.

Or maybe I should just push on and save myself the fun/hassle of the extra slogging.
  • Scimarad 5 Jun 2018 13:13:47 9,653 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @ChiefGB

I thought the rescuing your buddies bit was the point of it. I've only played the beginning bit but it feels very weird in tone from the intro. I'm not sure what I was expecting but I kind of assumed it was going to take itself less seriously than it did though I suppose there was no reason to think that.
  • Vortex808 5 Jun 2018 14:08:41 13,532 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The later ones look like they'll be a bit more tongue in cheek though.

I certainly hope so, I'll just be arsing about for the hell of it by the time they're out.
  • ChiefGB 5 Jun 2018 15:20:29 11,921 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    @ChiefGB

I thought the rescuing your buddies bit was the point of it. I've only played the beginning bit but it feels very weird in tone from the intro. I'm not sure what I was expecting but I kind of assumed it was going to take itself less seriously than it did though I suppose there was no reason to think that.
    Perhaps, but I think it's optional how many you actually go for, I've not even booted it up yet so I'm sure you've a better idea then me now.
  • ChiefGB 5 Jun 2018 16:25:08 11,921 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Far cry is usually tongue in cheek but I assume Vietnam is still close to the bone for some of America.
  • Scimarad 5 Jun 2018 17:39:24 9,653 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I did quite enjoy the brief go I had on Far Cry 3 Classic. I always thought it was incredibly stupid how easy the protagonist seems to find killing enemies so I shoved that on the highest difficulty level for a laugh! Something about that game makes feel a bit sick, though I'm not sure why it would more than 4 or 5. Climbing those towers makes me want to throw up...
  • robthehermit 6 Jun 2018 12:13:15 7,620 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Cleared the first run through the DLC last night. Despite having a few collectables, different bases and bunkers to attack that you can do in any order, it remains a fairly linear experience. The objectives and collectables are off to the side of what is the only real route you can take through the game. If you wanted to collect everything then it will probably take around 3 hours depending on how crap you are.

It's very geared around stealth takedowns and long distance kills with silenced weapons (you'll find these in bunkers and camps), and getting seen and/or shot will lead to a world of pain as you're no longer a semi immortal bullet sponge.

I enjoyed it enough that I'll jump back in with the two new modes that open up once you've completed a normal run.
  • LinageLover 6 Jun 2018 13:38:16 6 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I really enjoyed it. Just I'm very dissappointed with the mission, specially with latest mission. My friends decided to challenge each other with this game but it ended poorly. I'm call myself a Far Cry fan but this edition was not the one that impressed me neither my friends. Yes, I enjoyed shooting and the main theme of it, but I just wanted more.
  • pacrifice 6 Jun 2018 16:12:06 5,230 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    If I enjoyed far cry 4, can I go around everywhere with a bow and arrow and silenced sniper rifle and take out Please the gang hideout strongholds in far cry 5?
  • robthehermit 6 Jun 2018 16:19:13 7,620 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @pacrifice The bases, very much so. The bunkers, not so much.
  • spindizzy 15 Jun 2018 10:39:16 7,755 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Does anyone else have terrible problems with this? I have a 1070, i7, 16 Gb of RAM and it's so juddery in the menus that I can't even start the game, let alone play it. All my other games work fine.

Ubisoft support is just useless.
  • Alastair 20 Sep 2018 08:57:56 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    So, I got around to starting this a couple of weeks ago.
    Just finished Faith's Region.
    Did anyone do much in the arcade? There's a few trophies associated with it..
  • Alastair 20 Sep 2018 08:58:52 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    @pacrifice The bases, very much so. The bunkers, not so much.
    I did the first bunker with stealth, the second with failed stealth! 😊
  • Vortex808 6 Oct 2018 08:20:39 13,532 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rightio folks, I'm about to dip back in to this to try the last two bits of dlc.

Are they any good, or would I be wasting my time?
  • TheMilkman 6 Oct 2018 14:11:04 599 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Mars one is genuinely the worst dlc I've ever played. I cut my losses after that and never went back. Though to be honest the zombie one does look alright.
  • Vortex808 6 Oct 2018 18:34:46 13,532 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Haha, I've been quite enjoying the mars one, but may swerve zombies.

Got some nice b-movie vibes and it's trying to channel borderlands with hurk as scooter.

😃
  • Vortex808 7 Oct 2018 23:50:01 13,532 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well, that got boring. Finished it though.

Fuck the zombies dlc. Time to get rid.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Oct 2018 05:17:02 25,305 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Vortex808
    Hi mate.
    I bought the Gold edition upon release and I have had and continue to have no desire to start it at all!
    Overall and looking back I think FC5 is very average, probably the weakest of the "newer" ones. I had far more fun in Primal for example
  • Vortex808 8 Oct 2018 08:37:18 13,532 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    5 is very by the numbers.

Loved 2&3, 4 was ok. 5 was meh.

Still trying to make my mind up about the doom reboot, which I'm not really feeling either. Close to binning that too.

May get MCC for enhanced fun and to play halo 1 & 2 to tide me over to BF V & Metro exodus.
  • TheMilkman 8 Oct 2018 12:56:07 599 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Mars one was ok until it actually properly starts and you realise it's all about climbing towers and running from incessantly spawning enemies.

Agree about Far Cry 5. It wasn't great to be honest. I preferred 4, which I think is a tad underappreciated. The unicopter was brilliant, as well as storming bases on an elephant.
  • Alastair 8 Oct 2018 13:05:30 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I've played through the first 2 areas of FC5.
    It's OK - there are some improvements from 4. Guns 4 Hire works better for example. And there are some things that are not so good - the aforementioned lack of elephants, and having fishing challenges...
  • Bichii 31 Jan 2019 18:24:08 2,377 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    First far cry I've slightly enjoyed since 2. I binned 3&4.

Story is absolutely shit though. Can be good fun though. At the mo I'm kinda stuck, I've only got two story missions available and both seem broken.

I need to capture two oil tankers and I've got one but I can't find another. The other is I need two animal skins and there are map markers where they are meant to be but there are none around at either or anywhere in-between.
  • DUFFMAN5 31 Jan 2019 18:32:09 25,305 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Bichii
    Primal is far better, you can take that to the bank Revan ;)
    I thought 5 was very average with a shite tethered co-op mode

The upcoming FC is the only one I have had no interest in since the series came to the 360.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.