Anthem - New Bioware IP Page 3

• ModoX 12 Jun 2017 12:07:11 3,432 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm very hyped for this. I know we need to know a lot more about it yet, but for a first showing I was completely on board. I can't fathom how they're going to manage this level of graphical quality with the type of game they're going for, but I'm excited to find out :)
  • disusedgenius 12 Jun 2017 12:11:33 9,457 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In a weird kind of way a lot of this actually seems more like No Mans Sky than anything else - a lot of exploration, natural ecosystems etc. Just with a AAA action game bolted on. Oh, and no sticker over the multiplayer feature.
  • solidsneek 12 Jun 2017 12:14:47 763 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    In a weird kind of way a lot of this actually seems more like No Mans Sky than anything else - a lot of exploration, natural ecosystems etc. Just with a AAA action game bolted on. Oh, and no sticker over the multiplayer feature.
    Possibly the boldest statement ever
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2017 12:33:47 17,867 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That's the boldest statement you've ever heard?
  • disusedgenius 12 Jun 2017 12:37:17 9,457 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm just too real for this place, I guess.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Jun 2017 12:39:36 17,867 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thats a pretty bold statement. Maybe even bolder than the last.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 Jun 2017 12:40:45 13,671 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Check this shit out.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2017 13:01:42
    BOLD
  • ozthegweat 12 Jun 2017 13:17:47 2,130 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
  • Syrette 12 Jun 2017 14:11:42 50,073 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    solidsneek wrote:
    Graxlar_v2 wrote:
    Hardware, i would hope the xbox one X
    it's deffo the X
    XBX!
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 Jun 2017 14:16:26 13,671 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bad news for Destiny 2. Most gamers will only have room for one of these games in their lives. After rinsing Destiny and feeling slightly unsure whether I can be arsed to do it all again, this appeals to me. Just hope the combat is somewhat comparable in quality.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Jun 2017 14:21:45 11,157 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It looks stunning, but, Jesus, I'm just a bit tired of games being all about 'you and your friends'. I love my friends sure, but does every game have to be built around this concept. Especially games that are so massively built around the mp aspect that they fall over gameplay wise when attempted solo.
  • solidsneek 12 Jun 2017 14:21:53 763 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Bad news for Destiny 2. Most gamers will only have room for one of these games in their lives. After rinsing Destiny and feeling slightly unsure whether I can be arsed to do it all again, this appeals to me. Just hope the combat is somewhat comparable in quality.
    I would say the other way round if anything Destiny is a proven model...
  • Syrette 12 Jun 2017 14:24:35 50,073 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    It looks stunning, but, Jesus, I'm just a bit tired of games being all about 'you and your friends'. I love my friends sure, but does every game have to be built around this concept. Especially games that are so massively built around the mp aspect that they fall over gameplay wise when attempted solo.
    Kind of what I'm feeling, give me a fully fledged SP title over a co-op one every day. Kind of like, er, Mass Effect.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 Jun 2017 14:24:44 13,671 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    solidsneek wrote:
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    I would say the other way round if anything Destiny is a proven model...
    I just think a lot of Destiny players are looking for an alternative. There was a pretty big exodus for The Division at one point, although they mostly came back again tbf. Perhaps the same will happen again.

Have to say, my one reservation with this is that it's 3rd person. It kind of has to be to make the flying stuff cool, but 3rd person shooters never quite satisfy in the same way as an FPS.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2017 14:27:20
    Honestly, why is there not space for both?

Destiny 2 is being released in Sep this year and Anthem (such an odd title) is out spring 2018.

The destiny cycle usually has everyone twiddling their thumbs by Jan/Feb anyway so it is a perfect time.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 Jun 2017 14:29:54 13,671 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just a theory. I'd say the relative failure of The Division is evidence.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Jun 2017 14:31:20 11,157 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think the Division failed primarily because of its lack of end game, infuriating bullet sponge enemies compared to your own player's cardboard thin armour and it's ultimately limited setting.
  • Dombat 12 Jun 2017 14:31:58 1,491 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Outside the hardcore loyal fanbase a lot of people would have moved on from Destiny 2 by the time this gets released. I'm sure it will get a significant delay too.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2017 14:32:40
    @You-can-call-me-kal That was for different reasons though

1) the enemies were too bullet spongy so combat felt a bit rubbish
    2) The end game content didn't really exist
    3) the expansions didn't do anything but add more grinding
    4) the world felt barren and lifeless

The division failed as it was poorly executed not because of destiny.
  • solidsneek 12 Jun 2017 14:34:02 763 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Graxlar_v2 wrote:
    @You-can-call-me-kal That was for different reasons though

1) the enemies were too bullet spongy so combat felt a bit rubbish
    2) The end game content didn't really exist
    3) the expansions didn't do anything but add more grinding
    4) the world felt barren and lifeless

The division failed as it was poorly executed not because of destiny.
    I agree with this completely although I did really like the division.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 Jun 2017 14:36:31 13,671 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Again though, admittedly anecdotally but it was very obvious that a lot of people 'left' Destiny to play Division, then came back again when it didn't do that trick. This suggests a lot of people don't have time for more than one game like this.

Frankly most don't have time for one game like this, but if it's moreish enough they'll force themselves :)
  • Deleted user 12 June 2017 14:39:26
    My point was though Kal that yeah, you prob wont be playing both simultaneously but i think there will be some interplay so that one covers the other during lull's in gameplay.

Unless one does something seriously impressive i can see there being a hardcore base on both but alot of people will flit between the two when the game dry's up a bit.
  • Switch024 12 Jun 2017 14:41:57 3,226 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Absolutely, I struggle to find time for one of these games definitely couldn't manage two.

I did the transition over to The Division and then left after I completed it, the end game loop needs to be spot on to keep people coming back.

If Anthem can get it right then there is good chance people will stay with it but I can't see many continually playing both.
  • Anthony_UK 12 Jun 2017 14:42:30 2,944 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I remember recently reading how the recent Mass Effect game started life as a massively ambitious open world game focusing on exploration with it later being replaced with the game we ended up with (a great deal of time spent building that too) ... Wondering aloud if this started life as Mass Effect, but got made into a new IP.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Jun 2017 14:43:46 11,157 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Games like the Division definitely lack that sense of being a, apologies for the use of the word, badass which something that Diablo 3 really nails down. While yes you may be challenged the player is still meant to feel a sense of power, I got that feeling with Destiny but the Division just keeled over and sputtered.
  • ozthegweat 12 Jun 2017 14:44:49 2,130 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Graxlar_v2 wrote:
    Honestly, why is there not space for both?

Destiny 2 is being released in Sep this year and Anthem (such an odd title) is out spring 2018.
    Anthem will not come out until autumn 2018. Probably delayed until spring 2019.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2017 14:45:56
    @ozthegweat I am going nu what is currently being stated :)

I agree there is a possiblity it will be at least a year later, but it looked good yesterday.
  • ozthegweat 12 Jun 2017 15:12:45 2,130 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Graxlar_v2 Only the part about it being delayed was speculation. In the front page article it says "autumn 2018", although I don't know where they got that info from. During the live stream yesterday it simply said "2018" AFAIR.

But spring would be fantastic?

Edited by ozthegweat at 15:14:47 12-06-2017
  • Deleted user 12 June 2017 15:17:12
    Ok, i didn't read the article, i thought it was postponed from Fall this year to Spring Next. So the destiny issue, isn't an issue at all.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.