Spiderman PS4 (2017) Page 35

• Graxlar_v3 3 Oct 2018 23:13:16 6,413 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    \o/ I managed to finish this tonight... that third act had some of the highest highs and the lowest lows of the entire game but man, that was some good shit :).

Looking forward to the DLC now
  • Gruff 5 Oct 2018 11:42:00 3,415 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I have just finished it as well, terrific, loved the boss fights by and large very cinematic, the traversal and fight system was the outstanding part though.

Not too bothered about DLC, platinumed it, I think that will do for me.
  • The_Goon 6 Oct 2018 23:34:34 1,220 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For the love of hot buggery! Is there no way to restart a Taskmaster challenge without finishing it?
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 7 Oct 2018 12:59:55 32,227 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yep, there definitely is. Can't remember how though, but I had to do it once as the first couple of corners in a drone challenge were tricky.
  • The_Goon 7 Oct 2018 16:11:53 1,220 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DFawkes Abandon Challenge in the start menu is the closest Iíve found but it takes you out of the challenge entirely so you have to reload it etc. - quicker just to finish the blasted thing.
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Oct 2018 16:57:24 6,413 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah that is the only other way... it is the worst bit of game design and needs to die in a fire!!!!

In the end, having to abandon the challenge, wait for load, move to challenge box, wait for load, fuck up first or second jump... repeat meant I just stopped going for golds.
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Oct 2018 16:58:26 6,413 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The drone ones if you move away from the drone it fails the mission quicker and getting caught/dying on the stealth/combat ones works well too.
  • The_Goon 7 Oct 2018 17:11:33 1,220 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Yeah that is the only other way... it is the worst bit of game design and needs to die in a fire!!!!

In the end, having to abandon the challenge, wait for load, move to challenge box, wait for load, fuck up first or second jump... repeat meant I just stopped going for golds.
    FFS. What a pain in the arse that is. Cheers for confirming though.
  • JamesUK 7 Oct 2018 20:27:01 784 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can you load the checkpoint/last save or something?. I'm sure I did something that put me back at the start of a challenge.

Edited by JamesUK at 20:28:36 07-10-2018
  • The_Goon 8 Oct 2018 08:28:31 1,220 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Will have to take a look next time.

In other news though - end of Act 2!!!! Bonkers.

I donít know quite what it is though but Iím close to losing my interest in the game. I really enjoy it and I love Spidey but something about it isnít quite as gripping as, say, Uncharted for me. I think maybe Iím just done with the whole open world hub mechanic. All the non-story tasks feel more like distractions than anything else, not really adding anything to the game. Probably just me though - just not sure I have the patience for a lot of stuff nowadays (eg I have Zelda BotW, Witcher 3 and DKTF on hold right now).
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 8 Oct 2018 08:29:25 19,302 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah I felt like that at the end of Act 2. Act 3 is a big improvement.
  • Derblington 8 Oct 2018 08:40:01 31,493 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Finally sat down yesterday to finish all the open world stuff and got the Plat.

It's my GotY. Not because it has the best gameplay - I fully agree that the OW events are too repetitive - but I love what they've done with the Spidey-verse, the story and characters are all excellent and the mechanics involved when playing Spidey are really, really strong.
    Even the stuff around the backpack collectibles, the free choice of suits and abilities are brilliantly done. It's unusual that a developer working with such renowned and expensive IP will still let you play the version that you prefer rather than sticking stringently to their vision. I really appreciate that choice.

Looking forward to all the DLC, and I'll absolutely smash the NG+ next year some time.
  • Kepasa 11 Oct 2018 15:34:07 2 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I don't really like Spider Man as a hero and didn't enjoy previous games on PC. However, one of my co-workers recently bought this game on PS4 and said it is AMAZING. So now I'm a little lost and thinking of getting it too.
  • Not-a-reviewer 11 Oct 2018 16:08:10 5,647 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The PC versions were all shit versions, they had nothing in common with the PS2 versions other than the name and shared marketing.

Iím not the biggest Spider-Man fan but this was great.
  • ChiefGB 12 Oct 2018 18:40:20 10,451 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Still find this hard going to get into. I just get so bored after playing about half an hour. Into act 3 and it's ramped the combat up which just makes the whole thing more frustrating. The story bits aren't bad but half the time that's just cutscenes. Now there's snipers and rocket dudes everywhere and some of the outposts are far too long. bluergh
  • Gaol 12 Oct 2018 19:32:48 3,424 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:

Just to confirm, you just select reload last checkpoint and you will be restarting in a few seconds. Essential for the drone golds.
  • PierrePressure 13 Oct 2018 14:50:43 936 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gold challenges complete, fuck yeah! I never want to see them ever again *cries*
  • Your-Mother 13 Oct 2018 15:21:32 2,658 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just so you're aware, you don't need to gold all the challenges for the platinum/100Č
  • JamboWayOh 13 Oct 2018 16:42:11 12,639 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm just mopping up these side missions and I've only just started to read spiderman's ingame twitter account. The little touches like the blatant misspelling and random capitalisation actually made me chuckle.
  • The_Goon 13 Oct 2018 20:52:28 1,220 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can you do all the prisoner camps etc after the end game?
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 Oct 2018 20:57:28 19,302 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah.
  • Carlo 13 Oct 2018 23:02:11 20,510 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I've almost completed the first act.

What?! I've been away a lot!
  • The_Goon 15 Oct 2018 11:49:23 1,220 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I know it's different to Arkham etc. but did they really have to include a "poison state" hallucination level like the Scarecrow level in Arkham? Wasn't a fan of that level. Felt like a cliche.

I love Spidey, and I like this game but it's not quite there for me. Don't think I'll be massively sorry when it's over frankly.
  • Ron_Justice 15 Oct 2018 12:10:09 3,172 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished this last night. Not gone for all the side stuff yet, and may not - played for around 9 hours yesterday, so I'm a little over it just now. Final thoughts - the opening stages dragged a little and the early story beats are broadcast pretty blatantly, but the the game really starts singing, like a Summer Blockbuster from around halfway in. In the early hours, I struggled to really care what was going on, and yet the gameplay kept pulling me back in.

I did end up Fast Travelling a little (probably less than 12 times in the whole game and that was because I wanted to blast the story yesterday) but the traversal is sooooooo well done. Combat kept evolving to the end and the unlock, skill, gadget, suits pacing was perfect - always something to add to your arsenal.

I think I actually prefer the combat to the Arkham games. It took me a while to realise that you don't need to approach fights at a frantic pace. The combat is much more rewarding when you really take your time - The Stealth Taskmaster challenges are VERY satisfying and are a good tutorial almost in how to approach the combat. All in all, will probably get the inevitable 2nd game....
  • CosmicFuzz 15 Oct 2018 12:19:29 32,585 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Any word on the DLC? First pack is dropping this month isn't it?
  • IamAziz123 15 Oct 2018 12:51:31 2 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Its a difficult game to play, specially the combats.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Oct 2018 12:53:00 19,302 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just give us the link aziz.
  • neilka 15 Oct 2018 12:54:19 22,509 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    COMBATS
    O
    M
    B
    A
    T
    S

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.