Spiderman PS4 (2017) Page 37

Next Last
  • Vice.Destroyer 9 Dec 2018 22:21:22 7,241 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I was coming in here to say the same thing, regarding the second DLC. The focus on combat I don't really mind, I just feel you haven't really got effective counters to some of the new enemy types. I just speak the electric attack and pick them off that way. Just spent 45 minutes doing one Hammerhead hideout. Not enjoying this.
  • Vice.Destroyer 11 Dec 2018 21:09:29 7,241 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just to illustrate this, I took this video. If someone can point out whether I am doing something fundamentally wrong or whether my skills/reflexes are no longer sufficient for modern gaming :)

• the_milkybar_kid 14 Dec 2018 10:49:07 7,970 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished last night. That ending reveal. Hoooooooooly shit! Felt really creeped out knowing Harry was in there the whole time whilst I was sneaking round in there not an hour before. The May scene was fine. I was close to tears not because she died, but the performance delivered by whoever played and mo-capped Peter it was fucking outstanding. Pretty much all of them were. The game straddles the line between cartoon looking and realistic really well. So all the little nuances and facial ticks made all the difference.

Great game. Finished at about 70% and will mop up the rest of the activities missed. Bring on the sequel.

Edited by the_milkybar_kid at 10:49:21 14-12-2018
  • paganwolf 14 Jan 2019 02:25:10 1 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Just unlocked undies "suit" ... I can no longer take him seriously. Especially if he is walking and says " hot stuff comin' though!" I can't stop giggling lol
  • Raiftel 28 Jan 2019 16:26:28 194 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I know I was griping about this last month, but playing the third bit of DLC now and I have to wonder who is it for? Every combat encounter is just a malaise of beeps and whistles as rockets/jet pack grenadiers/dash boost guys all converge on you every second whilst a small army of snipers just track your every movement.

I genuinely miss just being able to brawl with people, because it feels like you're never really fighting regular enemies anymore. Just armies of rocket dudes, brutes and whip guys. It's masochistic, to the point I've lowered the difficulty just to see the DLC through to the end.
  • beastmaster 28 Jan 2019 16:32:15 19,174 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    There's now a Fantastic Four free downloadable Spidey suits. Also rumoured that from the Far From Home trailer the Avengers building is being rebuilt as the Baxter Building.

Hmm...
  • Gaol 28 Jan 2019 22:39:40 3,424 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Raiftel wrote:
    I know I was griping about this last month, but playing the third bit of DLC now and I have to wonder who is it for? Every combat encounter is just a malaise of beeps and whistles as rockets/jet pack grenadiers/dash boost guys all converge on you every second whilst a small army of snipers just track your every movement.

I genuinely miss just being able to brawl with people, because it feels like you're never really fighting regular enemies anymore. Just armies of rocket dudes, brutes and whip guys. It's masochistic, to the point I've lowered the difficulty just to see the DLC through to the end.
    I agree with your sentiment. The gadgets are so overpowered in this, it seemed they had to up the powers of the enemy to crazy heights to compete. It becomes less about the fisticuffs, and more about spamming crowd control with the gadgets. Speaking of which, the one that makes folk float appears to be the best get out of jail card for the later bases.
  • Singularity 14 Feb 2019 11:23:44 3,117 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm late to the party, as always, but I put some proper time into this for the first time this week. And I love it. I'm enjoying every aspect of it (other than the MJ/Miles stealth bits - but they are so easy that they are just a couple of minutes of fluff to break up the rest of it). I think it's the perfect Spidey game. I don't really see how they could do anything any better.

I had aspirations of getting my first ever platinum trophy for this, but I took a photo of the Statue of Liberty and got a pop up saying "1/50 secret location photos" so I've knocked that on the head almost immediately. Will still mop up all the map icons that I can actually see and see where that leaves me, before I get the DLC.
  • waggy79 14 Feb 2019 12:12:19 1,943 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Singularity I thought the same regarding the secret photos but there's a suit power that shows where they are as you get near them so they're very easy to mop up as you swing by.

I think it'll be getting all the suits that stops me getting the platinum.
  • Singularity 14 Feb 2019 14:07:48 3,117 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @waggy79 OK, that sounds pretty cool. The platinum is back on!
  • DaM 14 Feb 2019 15:42:53 17,301 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Never knew about the secret locations! Just found the newspapers.
  • Garfy 14 Feb 2019 15:53:13 1,370 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Secret photos not needed for platinum. In fact it's quite an easy game to plat, even I managed it!
  • Singularity 4 Mar 2019 10:37:03 3,117 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Garfy Don't they get you an outfit that you do need to get the All Suits trophy?

I just have to get a few more Challenge points to unlock the last couple of outfits now. I was convinced that fully upgrading your gadgets would be a trophy, so I spent a bunch on that that I should've saved for outfits. D'oh.
  • Singularity 4 Mar 2019 10:37:14 3,117 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @DaM Newspapers?!
  • Devilligan 4 Mar 2019 10:59:56 595 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Singularity

You can collect newspapers from the newspaper vending machines. The game gives you a stat on how many of them there are to collect. I haven't figure out if they're randomly distributed or you have to visit specific spots to get them all. I also haven't figured out what they unlock. It's a bit of a weird low key mechanic really.
  • Singularity 4 Mar 2019 11:04:53 3,117 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Devilligan That would be a cool way of reminding you of the story if they were released as you progressed the main campaign.
  • Roddy100 7 Mar 2019 02:43:34 1,010 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just completed this! Loved it! An easy platinum trophy too.

Is it worth getting all the secret photo ops and daily bugles? Is there a reward of any kind?
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Mar 2019 06:48:33 24,407 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Roddy100 wrote:
    Just completed this! Loved it! An easy platinum trophy too.

Is it worth getting all the secret photo ops and daily bugles? Is there a reward of any kind?*
    Satisfaction, in a job well done is your reward young Padawan

*I actually do not know.
  • Graxlar_v3 7 Mar 2019 10:22:12 6,413 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Roddy100 the daily bugles are just fun little snippets of the story, they are their own reward. I seem to remember there is a powerless suit you can unlock for getting the secret photo ops.
  • Roddy100 7 Mar 2019 17:51:28 1,010 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 Thank you. I have 39 of the secret photo ops. I may collect the rest if there's another suit to unlock. :)
  • cowell 14 Apr 2019 15:38:47 1,863 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finally on this. Solid opening. The web swinging is brilliantly done
  • cowell 14 May 2019 23:49:25 1,863 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finished Act 1 and done almost all of the sidequesting and collecting so far. I’d kinda tired of Open world busy work but this doesn’t feel like a chore. The transversal and combat are both such fun to play
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.