Spiderman PS4 (2017) Page 27

• Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Sep 2018 16:51:02 15,833 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    Pretty sure he liked Nioh
    He liked it for a week. Then it was shit.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 12 Sep 2018 17:52:21 32,108 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think I've got my head around the combat now. I was finding it really challenging at first because I was playing it like an Arkham game, which just doesn't work. Now, even as a rubbish gamer I'm air launching one enemy and taking out 3 before I've hit the ground. The importance of getting airbourne really is key. To be fair, the game does teach you that pretty much immediately, but I ignored it :p
  • FuzzyDucky 12 Sep 2018 18:09:59 3,378 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I didn't like Nioh initially but ended up buying the season pass.

The insta-fail stealth wasn't hard, but it's the definition of dull game design. Combat is fun, traversal is fun too (although it makes the setting inconsequential as you're just from A to B), but it's choked with icon bloat, repetitive side missions and most of the story missions so far have featured fuck all interesting gameplay (and the flashback where you play MJ was fucking awful).

It's more than the sum of its parts, but it's also a 7/10 and the weakest Insomniac game in a very long time (and it wouldn't get anywhere without the licence).
  • AddieB 12 Sep 2018 18:14:35 552 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    I agree about the icon bloat. I disagree with the side missions. I've found them pretty good so far.

Tis a very fun game though and it's a solid 9 for me as I find the story great and some of the sequences are really top tier. My only gripes are indeed the icon overload and the difficulty with fighting is a bit easy.
  • FuzzyDucky 12 Sep 2018 18:18:34 3,378 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Actually, the side missions are the best bits. It's the dynamic stuff that's boring. Swing after a car, beat up a mob, find a drug deal, beat up a mob, stop a robbery, beat up a mob, etc.

The dialogue is top notch.
  • Daeltaja 12 Sep 2018 18:20:31 1,633 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Icon bloat, ok, I agree, but it's revealed chunk by chunk and to be fair, they mostly aren't "collect a feather" for the sake of it - I enjoy finding the backpacks for the story nuggets.

Can't we just play a game and enjoy it without dissecting and critising every last component? Honestly I wonder why some of yee bother with games at all!

Edited by Daeltaja at 18:24:14 12-09-2018
  • DakeyrasUK 12 Sep 2018 18:24:35 1,942 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    In my mind a 7/10 is an average good game. It is holds my attention to play to completion but isn't something I'm dying for the next play session or am gripped by the story.

I'd give this an 8 or 9 so far because it has that quality I give nintendo games - it is just so much fun to play as spiderman. The scripting is for the most part good, the acting is good, the story takes a little while to get going, but has me now wanting more.

Sure the base form of the game has ubisoft open world adventure. But their games lack a sense of fun. Watchdogs 2 just left me feeling so meh I stopped after about 6 hrs and not played one of theirs since.
  • Derblington 12 Sep 2018 18:43:49 31,058 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It has a lot of side content. It's generally considered a good thing. None of it is mandatory, but there if you want it.
    There are a lot of icons too, but none of them are visible in world (unless you choose) other than the next major story beat.

How do you make open world activities and not show their location?
  • JamboWayOh 12 Sep 2018 18:51:18 9,188 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So when you trading it in Fuzzy?
  • fontgeeksogood 12 Sep 2018 19:03:24 2,163 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    FuzzyDucky wrote:
    (and it wouldn't get anywhere without the licence).
    You mean a game where you're Spiderman might struggle without a license to be Spiderman? I'm astonished
  • Frogofdoom 12 Sep 2018 19:08:24 9,622 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pretty sure if it was an ice cream related super hero it would have still been a huge commercial success.

Especially if it had a blimp sidekick.

Feastman and Mr Blimpington

Edited by Frogofdoom at 19:09:29 12-09-2018
  • fontgeeksogood 12 Sep 2018 19:11:23 2,163 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    No, the point is surely the game's joy is doing all the things a spider can? So the license is OBVIOUSLY everything
  • Your-Mother 12 Sep 2018 19:13:35 1,947 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If this game were just a regular human walking around on the floor like a sucker while normal stuff happened it would surely be a terrible Spiderman game.
  • fontgeeksogood 12 Sep 2018 19:17:34 2,163 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Maybe the next video game will be made from the crazy upset guy who runs the newspaper. It can be called Spiderman: Crazy Upset Newspaper Guy

Hit X to yell at journalist
  • Derblington 12 Sep 2018 19:35:54 31,058 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Your-Mother wrote:
    If this game were just a regular human walking around on the floor like a sucker while normal stuff happened it would surely be a terrible Spiderman game.
    https://www.clickhole.com/bad-game-design-this-incredibly-lifelike-simulation-of-1828974255
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Sep 2018 20:55:32 15,833 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Adventures of Man-Man!

Join Man-Man as he sits as his desk regretting the decisions he made that lead him to this point!

Marvel at Man-Man as his sits on Starbucks trying to fight off the exestential dread that haunts his every waking moment!

Press X to make Man-Man remember something embarrassing that happened years ago while in the shower!

Man-Man coming this fall.
  • fontgeeksogood 12 Sep 2018 20:57:43 2,163 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Hold R1 and O to shitpost on EG forums
  • nickthegun 12 Sep 2018 21:07:18 74,956 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    With open world traversal:

• DUFFMAN5 12 Sep 2018 21:26:22 23,354 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    When the feck does act 2 finish!!! Getting somewhat fatigued with the game at the moment. It is no doubt fun but certainly more repetitive than I thought it would be. I am mixing it up by doing sides,challenges,lab puzzles etc but still.
    I think I will have to play in one hour chunks otherwise I'm going to lose interest, re comparisons with other super hero games, based on the 10+hours I have played so far, the game has not held my attention anywhere near the levels of the sublime Batman: AA.
    How the hell did you guys complete this in a matter of days without burnout ?
  • Not-a-reviewer 12 Sep 2018 22:06:00 5,281 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I do wish these games that use a real life location wouldnt still fudge the city layouts so much. I only really know the times square part of the city but even that barely resembles NY other than the steps in front of a screen.

Obviously business names could be changed but it would still be recognisable as what it is.
  • darrenb 12 Sep 2018 22:17:20 972 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm too old for this now.. my 12 year old has finished it on spectacular and I'm struggling on amazing.. i need something more sedate in my years..

And ha has the cheek to say it's easier on hard as the enemies don't hold back... Fcuking kids 😂😂

Edited by darrenb at 22:19:57 12-09-2018
  • erasr 12 Sep 2018 23:08:28 215 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Iím 37 and this game is one of the easiest Iíve played in years. On ĎAmazingí.

Too easy in fact. Really enjoying it but as expected itís dragging on a little and just yep, too easy.
  • OllyJ 13 Sep 2018 08:07:20 4,153 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    You could flip that round to be fair, plus it's not the Spider-Man (Positivity Only) thread.

Have to agree with him - insta-fail stealth missions can fucking do one.
    TBH I didn't like God of War, really didn't like it at all. Was I in the God of War thread moaning?...no, I moved on (to Nioh actually).

If you don't like something that EVERYONE else does, it can feel like a lonely place, but just let people like stuff and go find something else that suits you better.
  • Rivuzu 13 Sep 2018 10:42:47 17,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is there a way post completion to go back to the Act 3 world? For those who have been there and/or completed the game... I quite liked the anarchy.
  • Derblington 13 Sep 2018 11:08:25 31,058 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Post game takes place there - all the activities and checkpoints remain, and you can change the time of day at will in the science stations.
  • Rivuzu 13 Sep 2018 11:11:40 17,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No, it doesn't. I'm talking about after the breakout when absolutely everyone, their children, their dogs, their dogs children, their dogs childrens friends, and their cousins are all trying to shoot you down with a rocket launcher as you're trying to get from A to B. It felt like a survival run, just constantly fighting and I loved it.
  • Derblington 13 Sep 2018 11:13:14 31,058 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ah, ok. I see what you meant. No, a lot of the dudes on streets are gone.
  • Rivuzu 13 Sep 2018 11:47:10 17,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's a shame. Can't go back either as I didn't manually save. I could play through it again until that point but...

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That means redoing all the busywork (which admittedly was fun).

Need to look into the DLC plans now, see if it's worth plumping up cash for.
  • Rivuzu 13 Sep 2018 11:48:22 17,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Oh apparently NG+ is coming too.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 13 Sep 2018 11:53:47 7,778 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I really want to give this a go but I also know I grew tired of the Arkham games well before the series ended.

Is this as Spider-Arkham as it looks from the combat?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.