Spiderman PS4 (2017) Page 34

  • The_Goon 24 Sep 2018 08:28:35 1,235 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gaol wrote:It's similar in the broadest sense of 'MJ and Pete used to be an item, they split up' which plays with the player's expectations a little.
    This was my point. The game is clearly not in the same universe as the comics. Until One More Day, Peter and MJ were essentially the Marvel equivalent of Clark and Lois. Sure, they werent together at times and the game might fall into one of those periods of time but it just feels a bit like they are keeping up the OMD narrative - Pete and MJ are no longer a thing across all media (see also Homecoming (appreciating Homecoming is before any such relationship and the silly MJ reveal at the end)).

    Edited by The_Goon at 08:30:13 24-09-2018
  • Graxlar_v3 24 Sep 2018 08:37:48 6,716 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This game is going to take me forever :) i find myself finishing playing FF14/Destiny and then whacking on spiderman for 20 minutes to knock off an icon on a map before going to bed.

    Am loving it but it is going to take me forever to beat it.
  • ChiefGB 24 Sep 2018 09:13:14 10,685 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Theres a lot of levelling up, upgrading etc but I'm not really finding much of it inspiring or essential really, pretty much stuck with some of the early stuff so far. I'll get all the suits etc for the trophies but have a hard time picking out much to unlock ahead of time.
  • ChiefGB 24 Sep 2018 09:15:45 10,685 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    This game is going to take me forever :) i find myself playing Destiny and then whacking on spiderman for 20 minutes to knock off an icon on a map before going to bed.
    Pinching your statement, This is me. Similar but I'm not finding it much more than a solid distraction for 30 mins or so. Deep in the destiny grind all over again.
  • minky-kong 24 Sep 2018 09:41:14 14,232 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finished yesterday and it's good for the most part, although I think the story pacing is a bit off. Act 2 seems to drag on forever with very little happening and a few too many filler missions (like the awful Miles stealth section to cross a Sable checkpoint rather than walk around the block to FEAST), while Act 3 blows it's wad really quickly and doesn't give much time to develop most of the Sinister Six before you beat them into a pulp.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2018 10:07:38
    Played a few hours yesterday and apparently I'm already 30% in. What the hell, is this like a 10hr game or something? It's a problem because I'm enjoying it so damn much, don't want it to end too soon.

    Does this game send anyone else's PS4 fan into absolute overdrive though? Keep missing out on dialogue because of it, which is annoying because the story is actually quite involving.

    The combat is absolutely excellent but I keep messing up because mapping dodge to the O button just feels wrong somehow. Otherwise the mechanics are brilliant, web swinging is the best traversal mechanic I've maybe ever experienced.

    Will be playing this in NG+ for sure.
  • HarryPalmer 24 Sep 2018 11:39:51 5,885 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yep fan noise is pretty bad on my pleb PS4. Not as bad as the last uncharted though, I had to wear headphones for that one.

    Just started act 3 at about 65%, still can't get enough of it, the prison mission is fantastic.
  • beastmaster 24 Sep 2018 11:55:02 19,223 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Normally when I finish the story in SP and there are still things to do such as side missions and the like, I normally play the game for a short while and then give up and move into something else.

    Not with this one. Im still really enjoying it. Want to 100% the lot.

    Got to give the devs kudos for the way they included J.J. on this and having him as a radio presenter. You still get all the excellent quips and his humour whist just getting on with the game. It had me laughing many times.
  • Graxlar_v3 24 Sep 2018 13:14:25 6,716 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    Played a few hours yesterday and apparently I'm already 30% in. What the hell, is this like a 10hr game or something? It's a problem because I'm enjoying it so damn much, don't want it to end too soon.

    Does this game send anyone else's PS4 fan into absolute overdrive though? Keep missing out on dialogue because of it, which is annoying because the story is actually quite involving.

    The combat is absolutely excellent but I keep messing up because mapping dodge to the O button just feels wrong somehow. Otherwise the mechanics are brilliant, web swinging is the best traversal mechanic I've maybe ever experienced.

    Will be playing this in NG+ for sure.
    10-12 hour main campaign.

    20-30 hours including side stuff.
  • chrisno21 24 Sep 2018 20:23:41 2,163 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finished this earlier today (with the plat) and loved it. Took a while for the combat to gel, but when it did it was glorious.
  • Scimarad 24 Sep 2018 21:06:11 9,606 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I've only just realised you can interact with people on the street and they can tell you to sort stuff out:)
  • beastmaster 24 Sep 2018 21:50:19 19,223 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Still playing it even though its 100%. Taskmaster stuff to do and crimes keep coming up so I can try out various suit and gadget combos.
  • Deleted user 25 September 2018 09:39:13
    Scimarad wrote:
    I've only just realised you can interact with people on the street and they can tell you to sort stuff out:)
    I like that the punch button becomes the 'do finger guns' button with pedestrians.
  • minky-kong 26 Sep 2018 09:56:52 14,232 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fairplay to those people who keep playing this after hitting 100% because I'm finding finishing the last lot of crimes incredibly tedious. It wouldn't be quite so bad if:

    1) There was more variety between the crimes, literally the only ones that can't be boiled down to "beat up guys" are the speeding car ones and the ones with people trapped in overturned cars, and even those play out identically each time. Also many of them add on an extra "beat up more guys" to the end of the crime for no good reason.
    2) They didn't gate half of them behind the start of Act 3 (the shortest act) so you inevitably end up with loads of them still to do at the very end of the game.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 26 Sep 2018 10:32:40 32,229 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I just tied them into my hunt for the Secret collectibles. I just went swinging around the city, occasionally doing a crime and occasionally finding the things I was looking for. It also helped that I did a whole bunch of crimes randomly as I was playing through the story to help level up, so already had maybe 60-70% of them done. I found it quite enjoyable :) There aren't many types though, I have to admit. Beat people up, stealth clear base, bomb disposal, stop vehicle, car accident. 5 at best, and as you say all 5 tend to have beat people up added.

    I also took the opportunity to experiment with the gadgets a bit more, which I didn't do at all throughout the game. I only ever used the stuff the tutorials made me use, except Trip Mines. One particularly nice combo is Suspension Matrix > Web Bomb, which is pretty much a free Web Blossom you can spam until you run out of those gadgets.
  • minky-kong 26 Sep 2018 11:04:25 14,232 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've been attempting to break up the tedium by going for the secret photo locations using that ability that shows them on the minimap when I'm close. Up to 48/50, which considering I had one at the end of the story is a good indicator of how drawn out trying to trigger the crimes is!
  • Daeltaja 26 Sep 2018 15:41:03 1,720 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    At 83% with the story finished and all side-content minus a bunch of crimes. Not sure I CBA to finish it out, as I've also got to unlock a few hidden trophies to get the Plat. Doesn't help that I've started Tomb Raider either!
  • The_Goon 27 Sep 2018 10:57:58 1,235 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I love the traversal. I'm enjoying the story too. But I'm not very far in and the side quest/collectables tedium is already present. Appreciate I don't have to do that stuff but some variety to the muggings etc would be appreciated. The research stations just pull me out of the game too. I'm still really enjoying it and will try to plat it but can see it needs a few improvements.
  • DakeyrasUK 27 Sep 2018 22:15:46 2,776 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just finished the story! What a fantastic game. Loved it to pieces. Not sure what % complete I am as credits are rolling, but was 91% before I started the final mission.

    Still have 60 odd crimes to complete and one base to take down. Not sure I will bother with the as I feel like the game is done and I have more than got my moneys worth.

    Am now looking forward to seeing positive reviews regard g the dlc and I'll jump straight back for more.
  • DakeyrasUK 27 Sep 2018 22:18:19 2,776 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Probably preferred this to god of war, only just mind and probably only because Im a big spidey fan boy. But it is my game of the year so far.

    Next new purchase will be red dead and am expecting that to rival this - Times are good!
  • Graxlar_v3 2 Oct 2018 23:06:15 6,716 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh wow, I really have been taking my time with this :) its been dead for 5 days...

    Anyway, cleared up the last of the many many crime missions/ bases tonight and have only got the main story stuff left to get the platinum.

    Overall, loved the game and am looking forward to the DLC in a few weeks.
  • ChiefGB 3 Oct 2018 01:34:17 10,685 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah all my friends list seems to have dried up of people playin it. Still working my way through it but it's a bit vanilla really, story seems to have potential but just so much uninspiring bloat around it. My OCD won't allow me to at least not mix it up a bit and clear some icons but it just doesn't grab me for long.
  • The_Goon 3 Oct 2018 10:23:20 1,235 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Yeah all my friends list seems to have dried up of people playin it. Still working my way through it but it's a bit vanilla really, story seems to have potential but just so much uninspiring bloat around it. My OCD won't allow me to at least not mix it up a bit and clear some icons but it just doesn't grab me for long.
    I agree. I've just got to the Taskmaster challenges but, apart from them (to a degree), everything apart from the story feels a bit like padding. There don't appear to be any true sidequests, as such. I'd have preferred a big bad over-arching storyline and then a few side stories covering other villains. That said, still enjoying it loads and the feeling I get in my stomach when Spidey is hurtling to the ground from however many storeys high is second to none.
  • Derblington 3 Oct 2018 11:07:12 31,611 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    There are side-missions, though I think only one actually deals with a known villain.
  • HarryPalmer 3 Oct 2018 11:14:44 5,885 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nah there are at least 2 different villain side-quest.

    The side content has grown on me immensely, to the point where I was originally skipping it but now I'm close to completing the main quest I'm hoovering it all up. Although I agree the actual side missions could have featured more villains.

    Game is just so fun to play, for me it pretty much negates all the minor issues I have with it.

    Edited by HarryPalmer at 11:16:24 03-10-2018
  • The_Goon 3 Oct 2018 12:14:49 1,235 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just to add, I absolutely love all landmark photo opps.
  • HarryPalmer 3 Oct 2018 14:20:52 5,885 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah they're good. There is a suit power that unlocks more too.
  • The_Goon 3 Oct 2018 16:04:34 1,235 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    avensis182 wrote:
    Finally Spiderman is entitled to a great game very successful for him. The realization is masterful, technically nothing to say is very heavy. The gameplay is good and the soundtrack perfect.
    Bot?
  • Zero_g 3 Oct 2018 16:49:21 312 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @The_Goon
    Judging by his other comments, yes.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.