Monster Hunter World Page 140

Next Last
  • Alastair 2 Jan 2019 10:06:54 22,978 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Done the SDF quest a couple of times now..
    Observation 1 - I can't see how you can get back to camp. I couldn't crawl under the rocks and a farcaster was 'X'd out.
    Observation 2 - if you can engage the Odo up on the ledge above the Dragonator then the Jho doesn't get involved and it makes your fight much easier.
    Observation 3 - take time at the start to load the cannon and aim it at the door from which Luna will emerge.
    Observation 4 - use the Dragonator and rocks early against Jho so that they have time to reset for Luna

Current strategy is to kit up to fight Jho and Odo (although Jho is much easier than the tempered version I have been honing my skills with), then do as much as possible against Luna until a faint lets me switch up armour and weapon.
    Managed to use the rock trap twice against Luna on the last run. And I also tried to hit her with a few dragon pods - I believe these have an elderseal quality...?
  • Alastair 3 Jan 2019 09:00:54 22,978 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    That Deviljho lance is pretty tasty, innit!

Saw a YouTube video yesterday suggesting a method of farming Behemoth solo!
    Just fight in the first area and aim to break horn and cut tail. Have your palico use Plunder blade...
    Might give it a shot. I'm sure it will be super tough.
  • splosh 3 Jan 2019 13:17:34 139 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Alastair I haven't fought Behemoth yet. I'll give you a hand with that later if you're on for it?
  • Alastair 3 Jan 2019 15:10:51 22,978 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Sorry to disappear - my work laptop was very slowly updating. But after 3 hours stuck at 82% I thought it was probably time to manually cancel.

That big Kulu quest is a pain because you can't make him drop the rock like with normal ones. I can't remember any tricks. But I'm sure we were at the last stage. It may or may not have been worth taking out the Anja and Barroth just to get them out of the way. Don't know if they would respawn.
  • chrisno21 3 Jan 2019 17:25:18 2,099 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I need to do behemoth, still have the blooming FF theme playing and not tried behemoth again since it launched.
  • Alastair 11 Jan 2019 09:06:21 22,978 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Appreciation Fest announced - looks like Tempered/AT G Jagras confirmed!

"The Greatest Jagras
    Great Jagras is the most hunted monster of the year. Understandably, it is NOT amused, so it's back for revenge, bigger and badder than ever! Try to make it drop a Glowing Feystone!"
    9* HR 50
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Jan 2019 14:01:23 4,777 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    chrisno21 wrote:
    I need to do behemoth, still have the blooming FF theme playing and not tried behemoth again since it launched.
    I did the FF14 rath mission if that counts but didnít do the behemoth monster properly.

Also AT Jagras sounds comical

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 14:06:11 11-01-2019
  • Alastair 11 Jan 2019 14:35:03 22,978 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I have got right back into this, although last night knocked me back a bit.
    5 lavasioth hunts in RRR with no small crown, then two shit attempts at Thronetaker.
    I realised too late that you need to take out Luna first, before Teo turns up..
  • brokenkey 11 Jan 2019 16:29:10 10,071 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    I have got right back into this, although last night knocked me back a bit.
    5 lavasioth hunts in RRR with no small crown, then two shit attempts at Thronetaker.
    I realised too late that you need to take out Luna first, before Teo turns up..
    I'm sure I posted that suggestion when the mission first came out - everyone runs to kill Nergi because he's easy, but then the other two just gang-up and make your life hell.
  • Alastair 11 Jan 2019 16:41:18 22,978 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Mmmm, yeah, that kind of rings a bell.
    Trouble is, after the second fail it was bedtime!
    The quest will be back for the Appreciation Fest, so I can try again then.

What gamma armour pieces/sets have people forged? I haven't tried any AT monsters yet..

I'm currently rocking the Fiendish Tower ('Jho) lance with Health Regen augment and fully upgraded 'Gaan armour with Rath Soul Helm and Azure Starlord gloves for some Elemental Bonus.
    Either use Handicraft charm or Ironside for Tempered EDs.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.