Monster Hunter World Page 141

• Graxlar_v3 30 Jan 2019 13:35:04 5,929 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    I've done it.
    Well, I've got the crowns..
    :)
    \o/ How much do you hate the game right now?
  • Alastair 30 Jan 2019 13:58:37 23,311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I've fallen back in love with it since Christmas.
    Which I mainly put down to getting the 'Jho Fiendish Tower lance with health augment.
  • chrisno21 30 Jan 2019 22:13:42 2,117 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    I've done it.
    Well, I've got the crowns..
    :)
    All the crowns or just the Jho crowns?!!
  • Alastair 30 Jan 2019 22:33:14 23,311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Jho

I have no diablos, black diablos and Kirin crowns. To name three...
  • chrisno21 30 Jan 2019 23:33:05 2,117 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Still plenty to play for then!
  • Alastair 2 Feb 2019 10:06:58 23,311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Rathalos small crown last night.
    Little steps...
    👑
  • splosh 3 Feb 2019 20:34:32 210 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Ha, Greatest Jagras is like a pukey piñata of doom. Haven’t managed to beat it yet but my appraisal box isn’t complaining. I wonder if we’ll see a tiny unloved Lavasioth for the next update.
  • oldschoolsoviet 6 Feb 2019 22:49:57 6,677 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well, normal sized Arch Tempered Lavasioth, confirmed tomorrow (7th, so tonight at 1am usually), along with the Witcher collabaration. Still no confirmation on whether it'll drop anything/special rewards, but it will provide vouchers for layered armour - the fugly Hornetaur set that nobody ever uses. Witcher stuff will probaly have a Geralt skin, maybe a weapon ? We'll see.

Gave up farming Jagras after a while, never found my much sought-after Magazine jewel. :(
  • Alastair 7 Feb 2019 09:15:38 23,311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I think the Lavasioth will drop tons of gems, like Jaggy.
    The end part of the quest description reads the same..
    '.. can you make it drop a glowing feystone'
  • Alastair 7 Feb 2019 09:16:22 23,311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Lavasioth is so annoying when the skin hardens.
    No wonder it is the least hunted monster.
  • oldschoolsoviet 7 Feb 2019 13:13:05 6,677 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fire weapons or Slinger Torch melts his armour plates mind. Gunlance shelling/blast etc ignores it. Softens for a while when he jumps in the lava too.

Spread HBG was good fun against Jagras, might look into one with Fire/Ice Ammo if it exists.
  • oldschoolsoviet 8 Feb 2019 17:39:25 6,677 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wow, the Witcher collaboration is really well done, and transforms the game just a tad. Haven't played Witcher since the second (bit lumbering/slow for me) but they've nailed the feel I think. Pity it's only one quest, but a lot of fun.

Got the armour, got the sword, and just need to grab some materials for lifepowder on my next run trying to keep the damn Pukei alive. Think that'll unlock something (HR version ?) for upgrading the sword by the ??? materials it currently shows.

As for Lavaboi, doesn't seem to drop decos in quest, but had a few extra in rewards upon completion.
  • Alastair 12 Feb 2019 21:37:58 23,311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    That Witcher quest is really hard!
    I'm obviously crap at learning his moves, and as for those fucking Jagras... Aaaarrgghhhhhh!
    Took me about 55 min and two faints.
  • oldschoolsoviet 13 Feb 2019 09:03:02 6,677 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I took a similar amount first run, don't worry.

Got down to 37mins with both side-quests complete on my fourth. More fun when we fight the tempered version as a normal quest this Friday, and a Ciri quest too ? Still no Magazine jewel from Lava sigh.
  • brokenkey 13 Feb 2019 09:06:35 10,196 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    That Witcher quest is really hard!
    I'm obviously crap at learning his moves, and as for those fucking Jagras... Aaaarrgghhhhhh!
    Took me about 55 min and two faints.
    I failed three times and haven't gone back to it- I don't mind the fight, its the 10 minutes running around before hand that's putting me off.
  • Alastair 13 Feb 2019 10:31:21 23,311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    I don't mind the fight, its the 10 minutes running around before hand that's putting me off.
    It got better towards the end, when I paid more attention to running away to heal and grab slinger pods.

Seems like one tactic is to run off till the Igni recharges, then run in to lure him towards you - he tends to teleport to the same spot. Fire him, then lay on some smack, get beat up a bit, spot your health is down to 25%, run off and heal.
    Repeat...
    Anyone spotted whether leaving one jagras alive stops more spawning?
    Or if there is a way to stop him summoning them?
    Am I missing out on Leshen lore by not having played Witcher 3?
  • Alastair 13 Feb 2019 10:32:17 23,311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago

I know that completing the 'Keep Pukei alive' quest gives you an Attack gem.
    Can you repeat it to get multiple attack gems?
  • brokenkey 13 Feb 2019 12:10:09 10,196 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Reddit thinks that leaving one jagras alive stops others re-spawing, but even one lone jagras is enough to kill off pukei (I don't see a benefit to spoilering this - I didn't even come across Pukei on the 3 runs I did, so without knowing he's there I'd never know to save him)

Reddit suggests that a single Igni will kill all the jagras off in one hit, so use it one them, and then go back to hitting 'ol tree boi. Standing away from Pukei should save him taking any damage.
  • Alastair 13 Feb 2019 12:31:10 23,311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Further research says that there is only one guaranteed Attack gem.

You can release a Pukei from roots, which them appears to 'help' you in the Leshen fight.

Hunting Horn supposed to be a good option as there's a melody for healing.
  • oldschoolsoviet 13 Feb 2019 13:37:34 6,677 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I hinted at it earlier - gather Blue Mushrooms from the bottom left, and Godbugs from the treetops to make Lifepowder on the fly. There's a few more tools in the camp chest too, and I even found spamming Redpit/Scatternut/Dragon pods it drops at it's head will get you a few KOs where it'll kneel so free hits.

It's a great "back to basics" lesson, utilising the falling boulders in the first area, poison in the second, Paratoads in the third etc. But yeah, set up the Pukei, sort out the Gajalaka chief, bit of gathering and then hammer into the Leshen itself. Remember you can use your weapon of choice too, found the gunlance to work really nicely myself.
  • brokenkey 13 Feb 2019 13:47:55 10,196 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Further research says that there is only one guaranteed Attack gem.

You can release a Pukei from roots, which them appears to 'help' you in the Leshen fight.

Hunting Horn supposed to be a good option as there's a melody for healing.
    I came across a dead Pukei. Are there two, or did I just get to him too late?
  • Alastair 13 Feb 2019 14:05:13 23,311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I've not found it yet either, but there are a couple dead and one still alive.
  • oldschoolsoviet 13 Feb 2019 15:56:27 6,677 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just north a bit, behind the rock the botanist was trapped in front of. It's facing downwards, and a quick Igni will burn the roots in the same fashion. And yes, if you don't do it first/straight after botanist, it seems it can die as that's happened on one run.
  • Alastair 13 Feb 2019 22:18:46 23,311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Lavasioth quest not as good as Jagras imo.
    It does drop decos in quest but they are quite spread out.. Not as many as Jagger I think.
  • oldschoolsoviet 15 Feb 2019 21:13:10 6,677 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Leshen is a cakewalk compared to Ancient Leshen.

Going to take a few days break until the 'community' figure out what the hell they're doing.

Divine Protection, Health boost/regen skills, health booster and actually spamming your slinger/igni are essential. All about timing and endurance when everyone is still chasing deeps.
  • Alastair 27 Feb 2019 21:44:54 23,311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Balls!
    Just cocked up an almost certain Kirin large crown.
    15 minutes hunt. Messed about at the start with lance, fainted and then switched to bow.
    Had him skull flashing with about 30 sec to go. Bow seems to be my best weapon against him.
  • mothercruncher 7 Mar 2019 19:48:00 16,036 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    :D

• Alastair 8 Mar 2019 10:32:13 23,311 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm getting reet fucked off with chasing crowns. :(

I was quite sure I was on for a giant Kirin last night - could fit under his belly without touching. it was *definitely* bigger than usual.
    No crown.

Still need :
    Diablos Large
    B Diablos Small and Large
    Kirin Small and Large
    Nerg Large
    Kushala Large
    Vaal Large
  • chrisno21 8 Mar 2019 14:24:03 2,117 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    B Diablos Small and Large
    Kirin Small and Large
    Ouch, enough to put anyone else off, but you can do it !
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Mar 2019 14:32:25 5,929 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Alastair YOU CAN DO IT!

or you could quit and go play something else.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.