Monster Hunter World Page 150

  • Alastair 4 Oct 2019 13:41:43 23,973 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I've been away all week so not played since the weekend.
    Still working on those elemental weapon upgrades, and slowly going through story missions.
    Think Fulgur Anjanath was last one..
  • chrisno21 4 Oct 2019 14:30:39 2,236 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tempted to build this HBG:

  • Alastair 4 Oct 2019 16:31:02 23,973 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    There's a Resident Evil tie-in coming..
    😊👍
  • brokenkey 9 Oct 2019 13:33:30 10,321 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I'm one GL tempered monster part, and a zinogre gem off completing that gun now. Assuming it hasn't been nerfed in the new patch.

    My new hobby is Zinogre in the small arena, flinch punching it into the wall. In a group of 4 it collects 1800 damage per headbutt.
  • Alastair 9 Oct 2019 13:50:39 23,973 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Thanks to Chrisno for helping me with the Velkana repel last night.
    Sorry it was such a short session...

    I did a SOS quest last night - first step for that trophy hopefully. What isn't totally clear is whether the requirement is that the leader of the HighRank/LowRank quest is MR 0.
    In the one I did, they guy was only HR14, so I'm sure it counted.
  • Alastair 9 Oct 2019 13:52:03 23,973 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I am determined to understand several things:
    - Offensive Guard
    - Better clutch claw technique

    On the second point, I get flung off too often. Is that just because the monster is raging?
  • Frogofdoom 9 Oct 2019 13:59:02 14,856 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Has your stamina run out when you do it?
  • brokenkey 9 Oct 2019 14:17:37 10,321 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Offensive guard on lance is pretty straightfoward - don't pop the guard up until quite late and you get the bonus for a few seconds. For HBG, because the shield is always up you only get the bonus if you turn to face the attack at the last second.

    Clutch claw varies hugely depending on what weapon you're using. Lance and IG, bows, gun you have to press L2 and then click R3 before you can aim the cluctch claw (with your weapon out). I never bothered with IG or lance, it's too much bother. HH though, no you're talking
  • Alastair 9 Oct 2019 14:50:55 23,973 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Has your stamina run out when you do it?
    Yeah, I think that might be part of it.
  • Alastair 9 Oct 2019 14:53:04 23,973 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I've been really enjoying playing IG again, but the need to gather essence via the Kinsect is a bit of a chore.
    Unless my tactics are totally naive, it feels like I have to shoot the bug off several times to gather essence before I leap in to do some spinny fancy-pants attacking.
    It's fun in some respects but a pain in others.

    So, in summary, I've gone back to lance.
  • JoelStinty 9 Oct 2019 15:09:45 8,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Started the main game for the first time earlier in the week. Havenít got far yet - just defeated my first pukei something. Some weird frog bird. Enjoying it. Nothing taxing so far but learning the intricacies of everything is going to take some time. The main hub music is fantastic. Caught myself humming it at work today. The horn segment is very final fantasy

    Edited by JoelStinty at 15:11:28 09-10-2019
  • brokenkey 9 Oct 2019 16:14:22 10,321 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    I've been really enjoying playing IG again, but the need to gather essence via the Kinsect is a bit of a chore.
    Unless my tactics are totally naive, it feels like I have to shoot the bug off several times to gather essence before I leap in to do some spinny fancy-pants attacking.
    It's fun in some respects but a pain in others.

    So, in summary, I've gone back to lance.
    When you've got some slinger ammo, any sort, if you get your IG out, tap triangle/circle, it powers up your kinsect. It can then be made to fetch two (different) essences before you call it back).

    But yeah, you have to know where on each monster to hit to get bits - its usually head-red. wings or legs white. tail- orange/green.
  • brokenkey 9 Oct 2019 16:14:50 10,321 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Started the main game for the first time earlier in the week. Havenít got far yet - just defeated my first pukei something. Some weird frog bird. Enjoying it. Nothing taxing so far but learning the intricacies of everything is going to take some time. The main hub music is fantastic. Caught myself humming it at work today. The horn segment is very final fantasy
    What platform are you playing on?
  • Alastair 9 Oct 2019 16:39:08 23,973 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I hope user JoelStinty is playing on PS4, because then the 'Helpful Hunter' trophy will be much easier...
    :)
  • JoelStinty 9 Oct 2019 18:54:45 8,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Started the main game for the first time earlier in the week. Havenít got far yet - just defeated my first pukei something. Some weird frog bird. Enjoying it. Nothing taxing so far but learning the intricacies of everything is going to take some time. The main hub music is fantastic. Caught myself humming it at work today. The horn segment is very final fantasy
    What platform are you playing on?
    Alastair wrote:
    I hope user JoelStinty is playing on PS4, because then the 'Helpful Hunter' trophy will be much easier...
    :)
    Ps4 Indeed :) If I can I'll let you guys know when I'm available for quests etc.
  • JoelStinty 9 Oct 2019 19:54:38 8,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Talking of final Fantasy I just fought a barroth and I was not expecting a certain helping hand :D
  • Alastair 9 Oct 2019 23:49:00 23,973 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Took down Velkhana.
    47 min. Blimey!
  • chrisno21 10 Oct 2019 18:16:32 2,236 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RAAAAAJAAAAANG

    (he's not so bad)
  • voden 10 Oct 2019 19:09:04 753 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just don't get hit, right?
  • chrisno21 10 Oct 2019 19:27:33 2,236 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Helps when teammates give me droppies.
  • brokenkey 10 Oct 2019 22:20:30 10,321 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Rajang is so much easier in a group.
  • Alastair 11 Oct 2019 10:43:44 23,973 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I have reached Seething Bazelgeuse stage...

    I may be approaching the point of needing to forge 'Gaan armour to get the super Block skill...
  • oldschoolsoviet 11 Oct 2019 12:07:52 6,762 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You never got a Guard Up jewel ?

    Really bouncing off the grind myself, with the addition that it'll surely kill my PS4 given the fan noise is even worse than ever. I swear it's worse than when we played the base game.....

    That and DayZ spoiling me in it's beautiful tranquil/tension/adrenaline mix.
  • Alastair 11 Oct 2019 13:12:08 23,973 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Mmmm, dunno.
    Need to check my list of gems.
  • Alastair 11 Oct 2019 13:12:52 23,973 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I wish you could sort that list alphabetically...
  • brokenkey 11 Oct 2019 13:40:18 10,321 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsFGs3_VZPI&feature=youtu.be
  • brokenkey 11 Oct 2019 13:43:01 10,321 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    You never got a Guard Up jewel ?

    Really bouncing off the grind myself, with the addition that it'll surely kill my PS4 given the fan noise is even worse than ever. I swear it's worse than when we played the base game.....

    That and DayZ spoiling me in it's beautiful tranquil/tension/adrenaline mix.
    they've fixed the Grinding Lands.
  • CrazySpooky 11 Oct 2019 14:34:57 49 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    tempted to get this on PC. Never played Monster Hunter. This looks pretty good.

    Am i too late to the party though? ive seen there's timed events etc feel like ive missed out :(
  • Ddanno 11 Oct 2019 15:06:20 1,457 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CrazySpooky wrote:
    tempted to get this on PC. Never played Monster Hunter. This looks pretty good.

    Am i too late to the party though? ive seen there's timed events etc feel like ive missed out :(
    The timed events all have a re-run, all at once, in the summer festival and (I think) winter festival, so you won't miss out on much, if anything. You're missing out by not buying it. Hugely.
  • CrazySpooky 12 Oct 2019 12:21:08 49 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Ddanno Oh really! i didn't know this.

    Awesome. Buying it now. Fingers crossed i'll enjoy it! thanks man
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.