Monster Hunter World Page 153

• brokenkey 25 Oct 2019 22:18:38 10,346 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Alastair the trick is not to guard him face on. Turn a bit to the side and you'll be pushed out of the beam.
  • Alastair 25 Oct 2019 23:13:04 24,018 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Did him, with the Beo ice fairy wand!
  • its-H1ggyLTD 26 Oct 2019 12:16:35 894 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Reading the posts since the release of the DLC, i think i'm leaning towards not needing to play it.

Whilst i'd enjoy wandering around the new area, and seeing the story bits, i don't have much appetite for fighting a double golden triple tempered bronze Diablos.

I know that's kind of the point of the series end game, but it sounds too much like work.

I do worry that further DLCs might leave me wishing i'd persevered.

I just want to beat standard Xeno and call it a day.
  • Alastair 26 Oct 2019 13:51:09 24,018 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    its-H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Reading the posts since the release of the DLC, i think i'm leaning towards not needing to play it.

..snip..

I just want to beat standard Xeno and call it a day.
    The better gear makes beating standard Xeno a doddle.
    Of course, you have to beat him before you can access it.
  • Alastair 26 Oct 2019 13:52:41 24,018 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I've enjoyed Iceborne..
    Pretty much finished the story part I think - seen the credits. But there's more to follow because there's a ton of monsters still to fight...

Potentially it is time to dust off my bow game and take on Kirin...
  • oldschoolsoviet 26 Oct 2019 23:07:03 6,784 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Forgot about my own highs and lows on the endgame boss. Struggled to find randoms who knew what to do, and when I finally landed in a good quest (everyone smartly weakening 'their' part, area heals etc) it was great.

Then I lost connection and got dumped solo during the third phase. Panic, and spent a few minutes dodging to heal and sharpen, psyching up for the last push.

Ran up, fired my clutch claw to weaken, and it drops deap from the 1hp hit of the claw. Most anticlimactic ending ever. Great end/kill screenshot though.

Going to have to try the old Elders at MR (forgot they'd pop up in numbers in the investigations) and the arena for the coins, but yeah, still not quite feeling the need to grind excessively.
  • JoelStinty 28 Oct 2019 21:29:34 8,406 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Iíve graduated to high rank missions now. Guess Iím about to start the meat and potatoes of the game!
  • chrisno21 29 Oct 2019 08:22:47 2,241 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Still in the tutorial ! So much to come that I'm almost envious.
  • homemas 29 Oct 2019 09:15:59 1 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    smooth effect game ! I like it
  • Alastair 29 Oct 2019 09:32:00 24,018 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Iíve graduated to high rank missions now. Guess Iím about to start the meat and potatoes of the game!
    Have you played online with any of the EG crew?

I'm terrible at joining the squad session, but had a good introduction to the Guiding Lands with Osso last night.
    Still so much work to do...!!
  • JoelStinty 29 Oct 2019 12:15:56 8,406 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Alastair not yet. I will try and do so at some point but I donít get much chance to hop online. Internet canít handle a entire family doing various things!
  • Ddanno 29 Oct 2019 12:32:54 1,473 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Have you played online with any of the EG crew?

I'm terrible at joining the squad session, but had a good introduction to the Guiding Lands with Osso last night.
    Still so much work to do...!!
    Guiding Lands is frustrating so far. I'm a tad disappointed that Capcom did so much good work to demystify the base game, but this is opaque as hell
  • oldschoolsoviet 31 Oct 2019 20:37:38 6,784 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    15th Anniversary vid:

https://youtu.be/oB2w-73bdRQ

Fatalis is coming......
  • brokenkey 31 Oct 2019 21:59:54 10,346 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    What are the other monsters at the end, after the iceborne logo?
  • oldschoolsoviet 31 Oct 2019 23:41:52 6,784 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dire Miralis (dunno), Alatreon (rings a bell) and the Fatalis trio (crimson, white, black).

The Black Dragons, and conveniently there's this: https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/dpq3pq/for_hunters_of_the_new_world_the_black_dragons/

Peeps are presuming this video with an animated Fatalis/supposed new roar is a tease towards a new siege - think Zorah Magdaros in his standing up phase. Fatalis is certainly a fave for some due to it's "sick armour" (read:flamboyantly edgelord), but it'll be another bore fest of cannon loading and cluster HBGs in all honestly.

I'd rather have the oddities of Khezu and Chameleos return.
  • chrisno21 1 Nov 2019 00:07:06 2,241 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So many cool monsters they can draw on for the next game that they haven't been made the shell for. Guess that's why Rajang was a surprise, the only beast in world and it's the top dog, no point putting in the bear/rabbit/congala now.
  • oldschoolsoviet 1 Nov 2019 01:59:45 6,784 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh god, I forgot about the bear/rabbit monstrosities.

Conga/Blango were just annoying, worse than voden with their shit flinging antics.
  • Alastair 2 Nov 2019 19:29:08 24,018 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Watched a video the other day around farming gems and tenderplates from Shara Ishvalda.
    Smash her head constantly to get the double break, then carve the scalp.
    Managed to get the second break using a hammer, then made the mistake of switching to lance and then had third faint..
    Luckily I'd carved the scalp..
  • Alastair 8 Nov 2019 08:50:30 24,018 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Resident Evil mission is live.
    I've made a start offline..
    Will be in squad room from about 21:30 if anyone fancies teaming up..?
  • Ddanno 8 Nov 2019 08:59:39 1,473 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Resident Evil mission is live.
    I've made a start offline..
    Will be in squad room from about 21:30 if anyone fancies teaming up..?
    I should be about.

New monster announcement soon, should land in December. Lots of people hoping for Gore Magala, but iirc Capcom hinted it would be another siege
  • Alastair 8 Nov 2019 09:32:22 24,018 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I'm still hoping for Jhen Moran..
  • Ddanno 24 Nov 2019 12:50:25 1,473 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    New monster:

https://mobile.twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1198514779767410694

Another new one was teased in a JP stream, both landing in December.
  • Alastair 6 Dec 2019 09:22:21 24,018 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    So, the new Safi'Jiva is like a new siege? Like the MR Kulve Taroth?

Seen a few bits on Twitter about 'Awakened Weapons' which sounds cool.

We need to get the band back together...
  • Ddanno 6 Dec 2019 09:34:59 1,473 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    So, the new Safi'Jiva is like a new siege? Like the MR Kulve Taroth?

Seen a few bits on Twitter about 'Awakened Weapons' which sounds cool.

We need to get the band back together...
    Yep. There's only a repel style quest available at the moment, the siege doesn't seem to have gone live with the Friday rotation. I do hope it's not a random weapon drop grindfest again, I bounced off that hard and didn't play for almost a year.
  • Alastair 6 Dec 2019 09:38:34 24,018 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I saw some tweets from Arrekz saying that you are guaranteed to get at least one weapon of the type you are using. They all have the same base stats, and then you get random element/status effect..

There's also something about adding specific skills to the weapons, so you could add the Vaal health regen skill and then not need to wear Vaal armour. And I think you can add more than one skill...

So, in other words, you can become SUPER POWERED!! Ready to fight 'Tempered Raging Badass Monster'
  • Alastair 6 Dec 2019 09:40:14 24,018 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    My current progress is MR 68, so I believe I will soon unlock new stuff/monsters.
    Still not fought Rajang.
    I have one zone in the GL up to level 5 and am seeing tempered low level monsters. I have augmented my Garuga trousers.
  • Ddanno 6 Dec 2019 09:47:16 1,473 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    My current progress is MR 68, so I believe I will soon unlock new stuff/monsters.
    Still not fought Rajang.
    I have one zone in the GL up to level 5 and am seeing tempered low level monsters. I have augmented my Garuga trousers.
    If memory serves there is a quest at 69MR to unlock GL cap to level 6 then 99 for max. I should be around a fair bit over the weekend farming Gold Rath if you want to team up for anything - think you're on my friend list already.
  • Alastair 6 Dec 2019 10:06:54 24,018 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Yup.
    I'm out tonight, but Saturday evening could work.

I did a few hunts with that Black Eagle CB - not used CB before but I quite liked it. I don't really know the move set properly though.
  • Alastair 9 Dec 2019 16:32:35 24,018 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    So, I totally failed to get online over the weekend.
    I did do a bit in the Guiding Lands and felt like I'd hit an unexpected wall.
    Taking on tempered Rathalos and then Tempered F Anja.
    Both times I carted way too often and the monsters buggered off before I could finish them. How embarrassing.
    In my defence - Fortify was not triggering after the faints. Yet I know it works in GL because I've had it proc before. Weird.
  • Alastair 9 Dec 2019 16:38:50 24,018 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I did manage to take down the Stygian Zinogre this morning. :)

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.