Monster Hunter World Page 156

• oldschoolsoviet 16 Jan 2020 20:42:12 6,792 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    As I posted above, absolutely spanked. The variant species just don't have enough of a new repertoire to feel challenging.
  • Alastair 20 Jan 2020 16:35:49 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I had a go with LBG for the first time over the weekend - tried out the Adept Stormslinger with the Dreamweaver(?) armour. I figured they must go together as they're both from HZD.

Seemed quite fun on a Barroth hunt. Need to discern the subtleties of decent LBG play...
  • sid92 24 Jan 2020 22:59:23 3,486 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My first encounter with Rajang didnít go too well :)

Think I may need to upgrade my gear a little.
  • sid92 24 Jan 2020 22:59:53 3,486 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does anyone know the requirements to start the new siege encounter?
  • oldschoolsoviet 25 Jan 2020 09:15:27 6,792 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Need to complete the Stygian Zinogre stuff first, it's revealed in the cutscene after defeating that. Talk to the Seeker et al in the 'command' tent in Seliana.

After that, do the recon once, and it should be available. Need a minimum MR of 24 and remember it can only be selected in the Gathering Hub.
  • sid92 25 Jan 2020 09:40:20 3,486 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @oldschoolsoviet Cheers dude, does Stygian Zinogre unlock after Rajang?
  • Alastair 27 Jan 2020 10:47:23 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    sid92 wrote:
    My first encounter with Rajang didnít go too well :)

Think I may need to upgrade my gear a little.
    I got totally spanked using lance. A bit of research on reddit suggested something quicker like SnS or Dual Blades would be better, and to focus on the tail end.
    I made an ice SnS and managed to get through it. It was tough though..Use Fortify, and don't be afraid to run away to heal and catch your breath.

Good luck!
  • oldschoolsoviet 27 Jan 2020 17:04:23 6,792 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Might have to try the sweaty Zinogre HBG tank against Rajang lol.

And trying to build up those silver/gold deco tickets. Surely if I spam meld them after the event finishes I might finally get a Capacity gem.....
  • Alastair 28 Jan 2020 13:29:22 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I've not put any of this into practice, but it all seems like good advice on dodging Rajang attacks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWbWMCUCTNo
  • Alastair 28 Jan 2020 13:31:08 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    I had a go with LBG for the first time over the weekend - tried out the Adept Stormslinger with the Dreamweaver(?) armour. I figured they must go together as they're both from HZD.

Seemed quite fun on a Barroth hunt. Need to discern the subtleties of decent LBG play...
    I'm still enjoying LBG. And in fact, I'm wondering about using it for the Barioth in 50 Shades of White.
    I'd forgotten how much he jumps around. Seems like a ranged weapon might be a better option.
  • Ddanno 28 Jan 2020 14:04:46 1,490 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Might have to try the sweaty Zinogre HBG tank against Rajang lol.

And trying to build up those silver/gold deco tickets. Surely if I spam meld them after the event finishes I might finally get a Capacity gem.....
    I ended up with 3 or 4 of them from the Xmas event. Still no Guard up though because desire sensor. I should probably jump on and do the Steamworks each day while this is on.
  • Alastair 28 Jan 2020 14:35:35 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    You get a gold ticket each day you use the steamworks?
  • brokenkey 28 Jan 2020 15:05:53 10,370 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Alastair wrote:

I'm still enjoying LBG. And in fact, I'm wondering about using it for the Barioth in 50 Shades of White.
    I'd forgotten how much he jumps around. Seems like a ranged weapon might be a better option.
    I use the Safi Aquashot against Barioth in that mission, very easy to use and in multiplayer he griefs everyone else whilst I'm constantly firing sticky ammo 3 at it (until I run out)
  • Ddanno 28 Jan 2020 15:06:05 1,490 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Did during the Xmas festival, so if the gold tickets/weekly bounty resets are daily are back for the appreciation fest I'd guess it's the same, but I haven't been on since it started
  • brokenkey 28 Jan 2020 15:07:00 10,370 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Yes, I thing that's the standard overdrive bonus during the event.
  • Alastair 28 Jan 2020 15:42:48 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:

I use the Safi Aquashot against Barioth in that mission, very easy to use and in multiplayer he griefs everyone else whilst I'm constantly firing sticky ammo 3 at it (until I run out)
    Safi Aquashot is what I will be grinding the siege for...
    Arekkz did an interesting vid about powering it up to use in the siege for breaking parts.
  • Alastair 29 Jan 2020 10:03:05 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    Yes, I thing that's the standard overdrive bonus during the event.
    Yep, you have to get into Overdrive. I had a quick go on steamworks but didn't have enough fuel to get far and got no gold ticket.
  • Alastair 29 Jan 2020 10:05:52 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Had a go on the Barioth event with the basic Zinogre HBG - *never* used HBG before...

Mmm, took me ages - I clearly need some practice.
    I'm actually wondering how many tickets I really need from that event - are any of the Guild Weapons really that amazing?

I've lost focus again by chasing LBG and HBG builds at the same time...
    Need to get back to the basics of doing the daily bounties first.
  • Ddanno 29 Jan 2020 11:23:58 1,490 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Half an hour gathering in the guiding lands will get you enough fuel for a week. Maps online will help if you haven't done much of that yet
  • Alastair 29 Jan 2020 11:26:46 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Yeah, I usually do a bit of gathering. Just haven't been into the GL for a few days, and I did a mega 'elastic band on R2' session in the steamworks at the weekend.

I am nearly at MR 99 so looking forward to Ruiner Nerg. Then to hopefully gets mats to add Health Augment to my Safi weapons.
  • brokenkey 29 Jan 2020 11:36:40 10,370 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    The new guild weapons are good, just below fully awakened Safi tier but the look really good and fashion adds +10. So buy the guild weapons for the ones you use but can't afford to fully awaken in Safi mode.

Re: Zingore HBG - you are using spread 3 ammo? If you're properly kitted out it should be doing 5x23 points per trigger pull against weak parts, and the aim is have enough gems so that you can do 7-8 shots before having to reload. Its not super, super fast, but its safe. Mind you, it comes as a shock when you find you do still have to evade from time to time with it.

https://honeyhunterworld.com/2019/10/02/glutton-2-electric-boogaloo-shield-zinogre-hbg/

Edited by brokenkey at 11:37:32 29-01-2020
  • Alastair 29 Jan 2020 12:08:44 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:

Re: Zingore HBG - you are using spread 3 ammo? If you're properly kitted out it should be doing 5x23 points per trigger pull against weak parts, and the aim is have enough gems so that you can do 7-8 shots before having to reload. Its not super, super fast, but its safe. Mind you, it comes as a shock when you find you do still have to evade from time to time with it.

https://honeyhunterworld.com/2019/10/02/glutton-2-electric-boogaloo-shield-zinogre-hbg/
    I took every ammo type and just shot off with no plan..
    One plan could be to have a couple of traps to keep it in place for some wyvern blast and/or repeated spread 3 action.
    Plus also remembering to take bits to craft more ammo.
    :)

I will try it with Adept Stormslinger next..
  • Alastair 29 Jan 2020 12:09:32 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Remember that this wasn't the fully upgraded Zinogre HBG... I'm two levels below max for now.
  • oldschoolsoviet 29 Jan 2020 16:59:24 6,792 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah, only the final Loyal Thunder works for that build tbh. It's the crazy stability/shield that nullifys 99% of chip damage sources with Spread 3 that makes it worthwhile.

And yes, the Royal weapons are worth the struggle (needing 50 Shades and Arena coins). Hell, it's more fun than the Safi repetition, which'll be AT later anyway. Made the GS today along with an attack build and oh my.....catastrophic damage output.
  • sid92 31 Jan 2020 11:08:57 3,486 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Managed to get Rajang, he wasnít too bad with hammer tbh. Switch Axe was a nightmare, moves too fast for it.
  • Alastair 2 Feb 2020 11:52:42 24,120 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    ... that took me to MR99 and the Ruiner Nergigante quest to unlock MR100+.

He got GL spanked. Far, far too easy.

Yeah, did it last night. One faint but never really felt in peril.
  • oldschoolsoviet 2 Feb 2020 13:30:05 6,792 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    And now you can enjoy the grind to Gold & Silver at MR125...... They're the first proper challenge.

With Japanese/Korean players in the early afternoon it's easy, but I've yet to finish it in the evening with the Western randoms. So many faints......and I need those Reasearch+ tickets dammit. :(
  • brokenkey 2 Feb 2020 14:31:51 10,370 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I read yesterday that two shots of brightmoss will bring down any non-elder flying monster, so stack up before going at goldy and silver.
  • brokenkey 2 Feb 2020 14:33:07 10,370 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    What were you after those azure wing tips for yesterday Soviet?
  • oldschoolsoviet 2 Feb 2020 16:34:46 6,792 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Silver Rath Lance and Gunlance. Had the silver mats, needed the Azure for the upgrade before the final one.

Just hit HR150. Time for Tempered Kirin/Nami ! Think it'll be more straightforward than the wyverns, hopefully.....

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.