Monster Hunter World Page 162

Next Last
  • Alastair 10 Jan 2021 16:15:35 24,467 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    YEEEAAHHHHHHHHHH!!
    GOLD CROWN NERG!!!

There's light at the end of the tunnel...
  • drumbegmonsmeg 12 Jan 2021 10:34:57 25 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just started playing this after picking it up in the PS5 collection. I really want to like it, but my issue right now is that battles are either perplexing me as I do minimal damage, or when I use an SOS flair, my partner absolutely steamrolls the monster with me just hanging around on the periphery flailing around.

Is there a more effective way to do co-op with people around the same level, or is the game too mature for me to hope to find other noobs to play with?
  • brokenkey 12 Jan 2021 12:22:02 10,726 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Not really - when they introduced iceborne they did a number of things to speed up the pace of the first part of the game, largely because anything you craft there won't be of much use in IB, so to discourage you to spend too long there.

So, you get the Guardian armour and weapons, they'll see you all they way into IB, and learn the game once you get there.

I don't think it's an ideal way to learn the game, but you'll still get 70% of the techinque you need. Just remember this point - you probably aren't dodging enough.
  • drumbegmonsmeg 12 Jan 2021 15:29:15 25 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah, I did wonder about that armour (purple icons?). I had it kitted initially and felt a bit OP. Hadn't noticed the weapons though. Will have a another look.

So, sounds like IB is where it's at now and I should just hammer through to that?
  • Alastair 12 Jan 2021 17:01:27 24,467 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    If you want help from friendly souls you can ask in here.
    I'd welcome a break from gold crown grinding to help you.
    I could even don some under-powered armour and weapons.. :)

Actually, does PS4 / PS5 cross-console play work?
  • brokenkey 12 Jan 2021 22:35:07 10,726 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    If you want help from friendly souls you can ask in here.
    I'd welcome a break from gold crown grinding to help you.
    I could even don some under-powered armour and weapons.. :)

Actually, does PS4 / PS5 cross-console play work?
    Yeah, it's the same game.
  • Alastair 13 Jan 2021 07:11:33 24,467 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    YEEEAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!
    Gold crown Vaal 😊
    Platinum unlocked! 😊😊😊😊
  • Alastair 13 Jan 2021 07:14:46 24,467 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    1008hrs
    Includes a lot of Iceborne play of course.

Edited by Alastair at 07:15:14 13-01-2021
  • drumbegmonsmeg 13 Jan 2021 09:53:52 25 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Alastair I'd probably be up got that. Bear in mind I ain't got a clue at the minute. Congrats on the milestone. 😉

My PSN is drumbegmonsmeg if anyone is up for some being a guide for a bit.

Had another blast last night. Very long drawn out battle with Tobi-Kadachi solo whereby I eventually ran out of potions and fainted. Think I need to work on my weapon. Craft a water based weapon maybe?

Also responded to an SOS, which was rewarding.

Edited by drumbegmonsmeg at 09:54:19 13-01-2021

Edited by drumbegmonsmeg at 09:55:53 13-01-2021
  • brokenkey 13 Jan 2021 10:14:58 10,726 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    drumbegmonsmeg wrote:
    @Alastair I'd probably be up got that. Bear in mind I ain't got a clue at the minute. Congrats on the milestone. 😉

My PSN is drumbegmonsmeg if anyone is up for some being a guide for a bit.

Had another blast last night. Very long drawn out battle with Tobi-Kadachi solo whereby I eventually ran out of potions and fainted. Think I need to work on my weapon. Craft a water based weapon maybe?

Also responded to an SOS, which was rewarding.

Edited by drumbegmonsmeg at 09:54:19 13-01-2021
    element weapons are only useful if the weapon hits very fast - so pointless on a hammer or chargeblade, for example. Meta weapons are all raw focused, so you could just safely focus on them.

But seroiusly, get the guardian weapons for the weapons trader. They are great.
  • drumbegmonsmeg 13 Jan 2021 13:47:29 25 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @brokenkey Will check with the trader. Thanks.

What's a meta weapon?
  • brokenkey 13 Jan 2021 13:55:28 10,726 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Meta is "the best". For MH that includes specific armours, gems etc to unlock specific skills, to maximise damage per second.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterMeta/
  • drumbegmonsmeg 13 Jan 2021 16:24:20 25 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is it effectively free (excluding cash) to rollback upgrades and re-roll into a new weapon path?
  • Alastair 13 Jan 2021 16:26:20 24,467 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    You get a warning from the blacksmith if the upgrade can't be rolled back.

I might not be on tonight, but sure to be over the next couple of days (eg_alastair). If I see you on I'll pop you a DM or invite or summat.
  • drumbegmonsmeg 13 Jan 2021 18:12:37 25 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Alastair Nice one pal.

I'm only on for an hour or so after 9pm some time at the moment anyway.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 Jan 2021 12:55:15 10,806 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Restarted this on pc... the guardian armour and defender armour make the beginning a bit of a joke.

Kind of wish I could skip the low/high rank stuff now and just go on hunts but instead I need to continue with the main story :(
  • brokenkey 15 Jan 2021 13:06:46 10,726 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Restarted this on pc... the guardian armour and defender armour make the beginning a bit of a joke.

Kind of wish I could skip the low/high rank stuff now and just go on hunts but instead I need to continue with the main story :(
    It's pretty quick though, even faster if you sos everything.
  • drumbegmonsmeg 15 Jan 2021 13:23:57 25 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As a beginner, I'm thinking I might avoid the guardian armour for now as don't want to be OP. Speaking of which, tried the defender blast katana. Worked wonders on a Barroth.
  • Alastair 15 Jan 2021 14:56:11 24,467 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @drumbegmonsmeg I'll probably be online later tonight. Will keep an eye out for you.
    Did you work out that radial menu?
    You can save item loadouts and radial menu when you access the item box. Have to say, I find getting the radial menu settings to save can be a bit hit and miss.
  • oldschoolsoviet 15 Jan 2021 15:48:53 6,924 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The radial settings are linked to item loadouts, so setting radials and a catch-all item pouch and saving that as your go-to selection works. Change to another saved item loadout, and radials return to default.
  • Alastair 15 Jan 2021 16:00:18 24,467 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I've got about three different loadouts I use regularly with different radial settings on each.
    I tried to add a fourth the other day with different radial settings again (linked to crafting bowgun ammo) and it took me about three attempts to get the menu to save. (See downloading Hitman 1 levels in Hitman 2 for further examples!)
  • drumbegmonsmeg 15 Jan 2021 16:06:45 25 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Alastair Hmmm, I've added items to the L1 wheel if that's what you mean, but will dig deeper.

I've done a couple of hours worth of solo last couple of nights and got my head around thing a lot more. Browsing the early days of this thread helped also. I have the capture Puki quest to do solo and then I might need a hand with the Tobi.

Really enjoying it now.
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.