Following Metroid Prime 4 Page 5

Next Last
  • Armoured_Bear 26 May 2020 12:08:58 28,876 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    I enjoyed the second one.

The third one I didnít enjoy because of all the NPCs but mainly because of the Wiimote controls, and gave up after a while. Hopefully any re-release will have ínormalí controls so I can form a proper opinion of it.
    The NPCs pretty much disappear after the first hour or two, then it's great. I do worry about that crap in MP4 though.
  • Armoured_Bear 26 May 2020 12:21:54 28,876 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    atomicjuicer wrote:
    Third party indie stuff saved the switch for me. If it had been first party only this would have been a horrible console.
    So you don't like Nintendo games but bought a Switch?
  • Rhaegyr 26 May 2020 12:41:41 5,176 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Potentially for the portability?

If you buy a Switch but don't like Nintendo first party games I can't see any other reason tbh.
  • MatMan562 26 May 2020 12:57:41 3,470 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really hope these continuous rumours of the Trilogy coming to switch end up being true, I'm itching to re-play them all but am holding off in the hopes for an announcement. I've also only fully played each game through the original MP Trilogy on Wii so would like to get used to a non-wiimote pointer control scheme before 4 comes out.

Tonka wrote:
    Does the trilogy have a point beyond the seminal Prime?
    Second one felt flat and I never played the third.
    In my opinion the original Prime is one of the most well crafted games ever made. 2 is basically a retread so it doesn't feel as special but it's still a great game in it's own right. 3 is fine, loses a lot of what made the original so good but is still plenty enjoyable. I always consider 3 to be an average Metroid game but, if it wasn't for the name, I think it would be considered a pretty good game.
  • Tonka 26 May 2020 13:01:44 30,901 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Maybe some people got it for Zelda and then didn't find the Mario X games that interesting. I'd be like that if it wasn't for the fact that I bought the Switch for my kids.
  • Tonka 26 May 2020 13:05:01 30,901 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    MatMan562 wrote:
    In my opinion the original Prime is one of the most well crafted games ever made.
    Yep. One of those games where I thought "I wish all games were this" when I played it. Then Prime 2 showed me wrong. But there is some subtle thing that dulls Prime 2 and I remember someone on here describing it in the old Metroid thread.

Something about how weapon power ups worked. When I read it I nodded so hard in agreement I developed new muscles in my neck, but now I can't remember what it was. Something about how you don't really become more powerful eventhogh it appears like it.
  • PazJohnMitch 26 May 2020 13:17:32 16,008 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think Trilogy will come to Switch but the June date is complete bollocks as a retail release needs longer to organise.

As there are 3 games in the collection launching Trilogy 6 months before 4 makes sense to give people time to get through them. So if MP4 was a Christmas release a June launch for Trilogy would be about right.

Therefore by my logic MP4 is not coming this year.

Enjoyed 1&3 but didnít play 2. (And have no intention of playing it).
  • Tricky 26 May 2020 13:36:04 4,992 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Yeah this year is going to be all about the 35th anniversary of Mario so I wouldn't expect them to release MP4 this year. I certainly wouldn't bother if I was running things at Nintendo. Keep that one back for a Spring release next year.
  • atomicjuicer 26 May 2020 13:36:57 356 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @PazJohnMitch MP4 is not coming to switch, metroid trilogy is not coming. Nintendo should sell this franchise to a company that might actually develop it.
  • Tonka 26 May 2020 14:01:15 30,901 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    That worked wonders for Golden Eye
  • Armoured_Bear 26 May 2020 18:50:06 28,876 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    atomicjuicer wrote:
    @PazJohnMitch MP4 is not coming to switch, metroid trilogy is not coming. Nintendo should sell this franchise to a company that might actually develop it.
    Daytime boozing is a bitch.
  • BurnoutJunkie 26 May 2020 23:09:55 1,178 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Tricky wrote:
    Yeah this year is going to be all about the 35th anniversary of Mario so I wouldn't expect them to release MP4 this year. I certainly wouldn't bother if I was running things at Nintendo. Keep that one back for a Spring release next year.
    At this rate, may as well keep it back until Switch 2.
  • Tricky 27 May 2020 10:45:00 4,992 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @BurnoutJunkie Switch 2 won't happen for a couple of years minimum. I just don't see the need for it at the moment as the current Switch continues to sell at ridiculous rates - not surprising when it's only been out 3 years. Minimum life cycle for most consoles is 5 years.

It also depends exactly on what Switch 2 entails and whether it will support backwards compatibility.

Unless you mean Switch Pro, or whatever the hell that is. If it even exists then that would definitely support backwards compatibility and would likely just offer higher resolution, as most Switch titles seem to be developed with adaptive resolution.
  • Razz 20 Jul 2020 10:08:46 727 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Update today apparently! Can't wait!
  • Mola_Ram 20 Jul 2020 10:09:19 24,022 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It'll be a new title screen.
  • Razz 20 Jul 2020 10:09:50 727 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Ah balls, it's just a rumor. I've been bamboozled
  • beastmaster 20 Jul 2020 10:17:48 20,940 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    No first party games in this and it's only 15 minutes apparently. Bayonetta 3?
  • Tuffty 20 Jul 2020 10:42:53 4,550 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yes the direct is 10 mins long with updates on previously announced games which leads some to speculate that it can include Metroid 4 because it falls within that remarkably broad category. Anyone believing in it is setting themselves up for disappointment.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.