Following Metroid Prime 4 Page 4

Next Last
  • nickthegun 25 Jan 2019 16:04:40 78,293 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The new Mortal Kombat is coming to switch, oddly enough.

I didn't think it would be anywhere near powerful enough to run it, but it's coming out about a week after the main console releases.

Whoda think it?
  • Duffking 25 Jan 2019 16:06:26 16,256 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    To be fair to Nintendo they do have a fair 1st party output but they just don't have many 3rd party devs putting out decent content. They don't look like starting any time soon either.
    Yeah but Load apparently doesn't like Nintendo games, and bought a Switch just to whine about not liking Nintendo games in every single Switch thread apparently.
  • Load_2.0 25 Jan 2019 16:14:48 29,625 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I like nintendo games.

Problem is there arent any. Take out the WiiU games I already owned and its a pretty poor selection.

I could play one of the 1000s of Steam or Mobile games but that's not why I bought a Nintendo console.
  • ChocNut 25 Jan 2019 16:20:37 2,459 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Fuck off Nintendo. The logo reveal was taking the piss and EVERYONE knew it.

The guys behind prime went on to make halo 4 which I really enjoyed. Samus returns is also brilliant.

Give me Metroid prime on switch as part of my useless online sub and Iíll get over it.
  • Kay 25 Jan 2019 16:32:23 20,087 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Not you but was aimed at everyone that doesn't recognise Nintendos woeful incompetence.

A pathetic release schedule just got a lot worse.
    I think there's a big difference between people that wanted MP4 just for the sake of having to something to play on the Switch, and those that were looking forward to a new Metroid and just wanted it to be the best game it could possibly be.

If you fall in the first camp, I really think it may be time to sell your Switch (or at least buy another console so that you have something else to play during Switch's "drought").
  • Armoured_Bear 25 Jan 2019 16:50:24 27,176 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As this is by far my most anticipated game, it's a bit of a bummer but I'd much rather this happen and get a proper Metroid Prime game that Other M bollocks.

I hope Retro get some more of the old team back in, maybe get Armalyte consulting.
  • DangerousDave_87 25 Jan 2019 17:44:53 6,236 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Load 2.0 Its hardly a pathetic release schedule. Obviously you need to be a bit of a Nintendo/indie nut to get anything from it, but there's plenty to choose from if you are. It's all taste, really.

I had the same experience you're having with the Switch with the PS4. Next to nothing for me beyond the indies. It became little more than a Netflix machine once Rocket League came to Switch.
  • MrFlay 25 Jan 2019 19:02:13 4,068 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have my doubts that this game will ever be released. The Retro Studios thing is weird because it seems like whatever they have been working on has been canceled and now they get to work on another title that has effectively been canceled once.
  • JoelStinty 25 Jan 2019 19:28:40 7,989 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    According to Imram Khan (GameInformer Editor) The Metroid Prime trilogy is done. It was meant to be announced last month (presumably at the game Awards). So wonder when it will release!
  • Deleted user 25 January 2019 20:08:58
    pmsl they must have absolutely fucked it
  • Duffking 25 Jan 2019 21:02:35 16,256 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    According to Imram Khan (GameInformer Editor) The Metroid Prime trilogy is done. It was meant to be announced last month (presumably at the game Awards). So wonder when it will release!
    I reckon there's probably a direct next week or the week after - there's a Smash 2.0 update due on Thursday (direct day). Likely the Piranha Plant will be released with it. They're probably getting this new out the way now so the now show doesn't dominate discussion afterwards.

MrFlay wrote:
    I have my doubts that this game will ever be released. The Retro Studios thing is weird because it seems like whatever they have been working on has been canceled and now they get to work on another title that has effectively been canceled once.
    More likely that whatever they're working on is nearly done and they have availability to take on new work as they ramp down.

Edited by Duffking at 21:03:19 25-01-2019
  • el_pollo_diablo 25 Jan 2019 23:28:10 2,958 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Or the opposite. Assuming that the Metroid Trilogy is real and ready to be announced/released, it could now be delayed for a couple of years just to warm people up for the new one.
  • Duffking 26 Jan 2019 00:01:14 16,256 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Depends, they might have mercurysteam on a Samus Returns followup.
  • Armoured_Bear 26 Jan 2019 01:36:48 27,176 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    I could see me playing through all of them again.
    Glorious games.
  • Mola_Ram 26 Jan 2019 04:23:48 20,759 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Meh, Nintendo have always taken ages to make their games. I don't know how anyone buying a Switch could have expected differently, unless this was their first Nintendo console.
  • DakeyrasUK 26 Jan 2019 08:16:24 2,909 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oh man the first page of this thread makes for depressing reading...

Most of us were so hopeful...

Kal was on point and Dangerous dave's worst case in regards to rare has proved to be true but from now...
  • the_milkybar_kid 26 Jan 2019 08:20:51 8,013 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What games have Retro produced in the past? Bit disappointing as I thought there was a slim chance it'd be out this year.
  • JoelStinty 26 Jan 2019 09:32:07 7,989 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    What games have Retro produced in the past? Bit disappointing as I thought there was a slim chance it'd be out this year.
    Prime series, and modern Donkey Kong series. Star Fox Grand prix is allegedly them, and should appear this year.

Most of the original employees at Retro were from Iguana Entertainment which made stuff like Turok and loads of American sport games.
  • the_milkybar_kid 26 Jan 2019 13:58:50 8,013 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @JoelStinty cheers. Always get mixed up between them and Platinum.
  • MatMan562 26 Jan 2019 16:34:54 3,467 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    @JoelStinty cheers. Always get mixed up between them and Platinum.
    I've desperately wanted Platinum to make a Metroid game ever since I played Other M. I think that their brand of action could make for a really cool spin-off game!
  • Youthist 26 Jan 2019 17:03:03 13,842 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    So this game wonít be on this generation of Switch then right?
  • Armoured_Bear 26 Jan 2019 17:17:11 27,176 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    So this game wonít be on this generation of Switch then right?
    I would seriously doubt it.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 26 Jan 2019 17:28:19 8,774 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Could it possibly be on Switch and whatever their next console is a la Twilight Princess and BoTW? Probably named Switch U and a laughable failure.
  • jrmat 26 Jan 2019 19:19:03 90 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was a little surprised that retro weren't working on it originally. Also a little surprised other than a port haven't heard anything from them for over 4 years now. Hopefully whatever game they've been working on over that time isn't being killed off. Otherwise this while thing is a massive waste of devices time.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.