Bond 25 - Out November 2019 Page 5

  • KnuttinAtoll 16 Aug 2017 12:11:51 7,134 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bond having a dog just unnecessarily complicates the plot IMHO.

    ... Bond is sent to stop John Wick. Batman v Superman style winner!
  • sport 16 Aug 2017 12:14:39 14,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Old bond is back! It'll be the modern equivalent of A view to a kill.
  • Ultrasoundwave 16 Aug 2017 13:31:14 5,885 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SYS64738 wrote:
    @Ultrasoundwave possible, but for me there are two issues with that potential story, 1) it's been done to death (hur hur) and 2) I had zero empathy for the girl so the emotional impact of a revenge story would be rather small.

    I guess after 18 Bond movies there's not a lot left in terms of plot, but then I'm not a paid writer so what do I know. Would be nice to come up with something fresh as at this stage (i.e. several poor Bonds after an excellent Casino Royale) it's needed desperately.
    I get what you're saying, but how fresh can they be when a) The Craig movies have all been tied together as one continuous story and b) Craig also said during the Colbert interview that this is his last one.

    Even though Spectre was disappointing, it is part of the narrative that they've created and they can't just ignore it. They've introduced Blofeld and they've given Bond a love interest that they haven't immediately killed off.

    So the bad news is that the next movie has to be a sequel to Spectre. The good news is that, with the right director and a good script, it shouldn't hamstring them at all.
  • JamboWayOh 16 Aug 2017 13:41:46 13,157 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's a simply effective concept that as a concept is effective and simple.

    Daniel Craig is James Bond in A Simple and Effective Concept.
  • richarddavies 16 Aug 2017 13:47:17 6,708 posts
    Seen 10 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    At least we're all agreed the next movie needs Nick nack. played by Kevin Hart.

  • KnuttinAtoll 16 Aug 2017 13:50:52 7,134 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    SYS64738 wrote:
    @Ultrasoundwave possible, but for me there are two issues with that potential story, 1) it's been done to death (hur hur) and 2) I had zero empathy for the girl so the emotional impact of a revenge story would be rather small.

    I guess after 18 Bond movies there's not a lot left in terms of plot, but then I'm not a paid writer so what do I know. Would be nice to come up with something fresh as at this stage (i.e. several poor Bonds after an excellent Casino Royale) it's needed desperately.
    I get what you're saying, but how fresh can they be when a) The Craig movies have all been tied together as one continuous story and b) Craig also said during the Colbert interview that this is his last one.

    Even though Spectre was disappointing, it is part of the narrative that they've created and they can't just ignore it. They've introduced Blofeld and they've given Bond a love interest that they haven't immediately killed off.

    So the bad news is that the next movie has to be a sequel to Spectre. The good news is that, with the right director and a good script, it shouldn't hamstring them at all.
    One solution could be: It was all just a dream! And Bond gets up and goes back working as a shop floor detective at Tesco.
  • beastmaster 16 Aug 2017 14:05:04 19,223 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I hope they do a press conference like last time. Get all the cast members and do the title reveal as well as show off the latest Aston Martin.

    That car chase in Spectre was poor. I just wish they'd play the Bond theme when it's going on like they did in The Spy Who Loved Me.
  • KnuttinAtoll 16 Aug 2017 14:10:34 7,134 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Everything in Spectre (bar the initial shot in Mexico which I liked) was poor, especially compared to the one in QoS - that was ace.
  • beastmaster 14 Nov 2017 00:17:08 19,223 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Sam Mendes has suddenly dropped out of directing the live action version of Pinocchio.

    Would not surprise me at all if it's because of this.
  • Syrette 14 Nov 2017 08:16:29 50,224 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Live action Pinocchio?!

    Couldn''t Disney just leave at least some of the classics alone?

    Edited by Syrette at 08:17:01 14-11-2017
  • beastmaster 20 Feb 2018 10:49:29 19,223 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Big imminent announcement for new new film today.

    Variety have been hinting at a huge internet breaking bit of news dropping today for a while now. The official 007 account tweeted a picture of Craig yesterday and Variety have now too.

    The weekend that Black Panther broke all kinds of records? Hmm...
  • Phattso 20 Feb 2018 10:58:58 24,665 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    ...they're going to get Craig to do the next one blackface?
  • Kostabi 20 Feb 2018 11:10:47 5,916 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not sure the Black Panther records will factor in to how the Bond producers think. After all, since when have they needed to follow trends to bag a shit ton of money?

    If anything, any prominent black roles in this movie would be more down to the Oscars backlash last year than anything else.
  • Not-a-reviewer 20 Feb 2018 11:23:50 5,700 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What's black panther got to do with it? Craig is already confirmed as returning.
  • JamboWayOh 20 Feb 2018 11:28:52 13,157 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He's been saying that there are rumours that Ryan Coogler will get the bond job.
  • TheSaint 20 Feb 2018 11:35:43 18,573 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They need to get a female director in to drag the gender roles out of the 1960s.
  • JamboWayOh 20 Feb 2018 11:37:00 13,157 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    Given there's a very Bond-esque sequence in Black Panther I'd kind of doubt it. Why play "Black Bond" when you can play an actual black character who can be his own Bond?
    Coogler is the director of Black Panther.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 20 Feb 2018 11:37:02 15,733 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ubergine wrote:
    Given there's a very Bond-esque sequence in Black Panther I'd kind of doubt it. Why play "Black Bond" when you can play an actual black character who can be his own Bond?
    We're talking about the director.
  • beastmaster 20 Feb 2018 11:37:41 19,223 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    reviewer wrote:
    What's black panther got to do with it? Craig is already confirmed as returning.
    Ryan Coogler to direct. Maybe.
  • beastmaster 21 Feb 2018 01:25:52 19,223 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Danny Boyle by the looks of it.
  • Khanivor 21 Feb 2018 05:41:53 44,026 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I think the next Bond should be a camel. Directed by some random flid off YouTube. Cuz, fuck it.
  • X201 15 Mar 2018 15:24:08 19,211 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Danny Boyle confirmed as director.
  • JamboWayOh 15 Mar 2018 15:27:13 13,157 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well...that was unexpected. What a really strange choice.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2018 15:52:11
    Thought you were joking.

    Nope, it's really happening. Huh.
  • Deleted user 15 March 2018 15:58:57
    Really?!

    That's actually made me very interested in the next one.

    That's a mad choice but should make for something a little different. As long as he's cut some slack.

    Edited by JiveHound at 15:59:34 15-03-2018
  • nickthegun 15 Mar 2018 16:03:18 77,813 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Underworld feem choon
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.