iPhone X and other stories Page 43

Next Last
  • elstoof 8 Mar 2018 19:19:47 20,056 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A few hours in and Face ID works perfectly well so far. The new gestures in lieu of the home button are all fine, very intuitive. Build quality is great and itís nice to hold, but I use one of the fruity leather cases so it feels basically like my old 6S. The screen is nice? Itís big. The extra space is nice but Iím already used to it so canít say Iím going to notice it any more unless Iím holding an old phone next to it. Itís kind of too big tbh, itís fine most of the time but a little big for one handed use. All in all yeah itís pretty nice, I felt more sad about retiring my 6S than I was excited about firing this up, think I had that handset for about 3 years and itís been a tank for me only in the last month has it started chugging a bit. Hopefully this thing will last as long
  • Fake_Blood 8 Mar 2018 19:21:04 8,624 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If your car has basic bluetooth youíll have to unlock the phone just to make a call. I donít see what the big deal is when a lot if cars have touchscreens as it is, unlocking with touchID is totally safe imo.
    Eventually the touchID sensor will be underneath the entire screen so anywhere you touch it will unlock. They shoukd totally keep the faceID camera too though.
  • elstoof 8 Mar 2018 19:25:02 20,056 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My car has Bluetooth and I donít have to unlock the phone to make a call. 🤔 I can scroll through the phone book on the steering wheel
  • dominalien 8 Mar 2018 20:41:17 8,575 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    @dominalien Did you disable "Require Attention for Face ID" in the settings?
    No, I think it'll be poor protection if the phone just unlocks when shown my face without me actively looking at it.
  • Jeepers 8 Mar 2018 21:02:12 16,533 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Much better to turn your head away from the road whilst tapping at the phone and driving then.
  • dominalien 8 Mar 2018 22:18:19 8,575 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Much better touching the button blindly without looking away from the road, yes.
  • elstoof 9 Mar 2018 07:49:13 20,056 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Then after youíve blindly touched a button, what next? Blindly read a text? Blindly check the lottery results? Blindly send an email?
  • dominalien 9 Mar 2018 08:34:03 8,575 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    None of those. That would be unsafe.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.