Octopath Traveller Page 2

• MrFlay 17 Sep 2017 23:20:02 3,831 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've heard the dancer's story is quite adult in content.
  • beep 18 Sep 2017 08:33:50 512 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @MrFlay Some of the dialogue is very adult if you interpret it that way. It's the kind of writing that a child would probably not read much into, where an adult would go 'cor blimey!!!'
  • Deleted user 18 September 2017 08:47:37
    Have to admit from the earlier conversations around the "adult" content, I did play this game without the kids being around at first. Then when I realised what a snooze fest the warrior's tale was, I let them watch.

...they weren't impressed. It's not really audience friendly.
  • Deleted user 19 September 2017 21:57:05
    Right. I've played this to level 11 on the warrior and done everything there is to do and I'm not impressed.

Graphics I know are supposed to be old school, but they are just a bit crap and make it hard to tell what sex the person you're talking to even is. It's also hard to see where you can move on screen. In some parts, I couldn't see my character and had to guess the path I was walking. The dialogue is to me very poor and I'm just not interested in the story, nor the sub plots. It read like the sort of thing I'd have written years ago myself.

Combat I understood, but didn't enjoy. It was very limited and not knowing how many points your enemy had was a pain. Seemed a bit dumb I could wander around beating up anyone I wanted so I could level up and get no comeback. Also seemed the way to solve any plot was to beat people up. Two plots I solved without doing anything aside from hitting people and I had no real reason why.

Seemed very amateur and that wasn't what I expected. I think it would get worse as the time to level got greater. Monsters were also dull.

I know it's supposed to be a throw back to a bygone age of gaming, but personally, I'm glad we've moved on, because this was dull and I felt the time I didn't playing it was wasted. Shame as I love rpgs and adventure games.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood at 21:58:35 19-09-2017
  • Rewsan 21 Sep 2017 18:43:29 280 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've enjoyed what I've played of the demo so far, finshed the dancer's story. I agree with some of the criticisms as at first some of the enemies feel like spounges bit i enjoyed the jugling of stunning them and getting through encounters without gettimg hit.

It looks pretty special too, I'm sure it'll split opinion but i love the effects. Really looking forward to the full game on the back of that and fingers crossed they'll make a few changes based on people's feedback.
  • fretto 21 Sep 2017 19:22:20 631 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've just filled out the feedback survey they emailed me. Making my small contribution to games design ;)
  • Rewsan 21 Sep 2017 19:42:36 280 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yep, so did i. Interesting to see they asked if I'd played either Bravely Defaults, i felt proud of the fact i could say I'd finished both
  • UKRaver1980 21 Sep 2017 20:08:06 46 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Finished the survey. The only thing I thought was annoying was the lengthy dialogue before a boss. Only took a couple of tries but if the bosses get harder then that would be irritating (unless I missed the skip button?).

Other than that I'm in love with it and insta buy once released. I want to see where Primroses story goes.
  • THFourteen 21 Sep 2017 20:45:28 50,012 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rewsan wrote:
    Yep, so did i. Interesting to see they asked if I'd played either Bravely Defaults, i felt proud of the fact i could say I'd finished both
    FFS

i really need to get back to my 3DS
  • DangerousDave_87 24 Sep 2017 16:05:57 5,243 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I finally got to play this, having returned home to an internet connection to download the demo, and I rather enjoyed it. The combat system isn't anything radical, but its easy to grasp (unlike Bravely Default's). I'd prefer a bit more colour and brightness in the game, but otherwise it's write the looker.

Another game for the Switch Shopping List!
  • Zero_g 12 May 2018 22:04:34 307 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Collectors edition seems vastly underpriced at Argos. Placed an order but will have to wait and see if itís honoured...
  • GeezaTap 13 May 2018 08:42:42 347 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Zero_g does indeed. Thanks for the heads up!

P.S Argos did Xeno 2 for 29.99 when it came out. Triple H's favourite British shop must love Switch RPG fans.
  • Rusty_M 13 May 2018 09:02:03 6,888 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Triple H's favourite shop? How's that?
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 13 May 2018 11:36:33 3,246 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Zero_g wrote:
    Collectors edition seems vastly underpriced at Argos. Placed an order but will have to wait and see if itís honoured...
    Took a gamble on this too. Trying to cut down purchases and not got a Switch yet but if I get this price I won't complain. Thanks for headsup. Even though I didn't like the demo of Bravely Default enough to even purcahse it (or the sequel)... If I get it can join my cheapish Xenoblade 2 LE waiting for my actual Switch...
  • GeezaTap 13 May 2018 11:52:09 347 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Rusty_M https://youtu.be/lFr0UvrjOJI

He knows it so well.
  • fretto 13 May 2018 17:15:03 631 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Zero_g just pre-ordered this. Thanks for the heads up!
  • ChiefGB 13 May 2018 19:58:36 9,609 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Guess by the time I get into work tomorrow this won't be a thing anymore from all the noise here and elsewhere :(

Good find though.
  • THFourteen 14 May 2018 08:51:48 50,012 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    On the deal as well, thanks.

Was probably a game i was going to pick up anyway so the collectors edition is a nice bonus if it pays off.
  • Zero_g 14 May 2018 10:54:50 307 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @THFourteen
    Likewise, I would normally only have gone for the standard game but if the CE is available substantially cheaper itís worth a punt. If they donít honour the sale then Iíll just pick up a standard copy elsewhere (and bitch about how hard done by I am on here) 😄
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 14 May 2018 11:53:48 32,206 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been a wave of cancellations this morning. I could understand them not being able to fix it over the weekend, but the staff who would fix it should be in already, surely? I still expect it to be cancelled eventually, but they're not exactly in a hurry to do it.

I should really finish the demo. If I can't make time for that, probably shouldn't start a new huge RPG :p I got to the end point of the warriors path and enjoyed it enough to go back and explore a bit further, but I haven't tried the other character yet. I do like it though.
  • jimnastics 14 May 2018 12:14:45 1,469 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had my Lego minifigure cancelled (I was in the first wave where it seemed you had to order something else with it to get delivery). But my Octopath order is still "processing". Odd, but my guess is they are just working out the best way to cancel them all with a statement.
  • Zero_g 14 May 2018 13:19:04 307 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @jimnastics
    I order alongside a pack of A4 paper on Saturday.
    Paper was dispatched and received yesterday.
  • jimnastics 14 May 2018 14:32:48 1,469 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zero_g wrote:
    @jimnastics
    I order alongside a pack of A4 paper on Saturday.
    Paper was dispatched and received yesterday.
    Hah yes I should have said, my (or my son's...) Lego Minifigure early arrived this morning, with a delivery driver looking perplexed because the package had "might be cancelled" scribbled on it. I told him I hadn't cancelled it (I actualyl hadn't) so he said I might as well have it. I then got an email later this morning saying they had cancelled and refunded my minifgiure order despite it already arriving. My Octopath order is still fine.

Christ knows what's going on, I imagine they are chasing theire tales at the moment.
  • ChiefGB 14 May 2018 15:17:45 9,609 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not available to order instore now, so loophole shut.
    App also showing unavailable to order, can't get to the website atm but yeah, gigs up.

Edited by ChiefGB at 15:19:47 14-05-2018
  • Ror 14 May 2018 15:25:52 17,810 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Searching for it on the site shows it still there for £31.99, but if you click on it, it say "sorry, this product isn't available right now."

I got my pre-order in, but I won't be too fussed if it's cancelled. Worth a punt and all that, but I think it's a pretty crap collector's edition. £32 for the game alone would still be nice though.
  • THFourteen 14 May 2018 15:30:56 50,012 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ror wrote:£32 for the game alone would still be nice though.
    The sad state of affairs of Switch gaming when £32 from argos would be "nice". it should be BAU.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 14 May 2018 16:13:37 3,246 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Am I missing where the Lego minifigure came into this conversation? I assume some other Argos mispricing that was recent.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 14 May 2018 16:47:28 32,206 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    Am I missing where the Lego minifigure came into this conversation? I assume some other Argos mispricing that was recent.
    When the misprice first came up, you had to buy it with something else. A minifig is one of the cheapest something elses you could add, plus you get a minifig :)
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 14 May 2018 19:29:41 3,246 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah, thanks, it did seem a little random. Was just orderable for me so I must have been a little later.
  • Ror 15 May 2018 11:25:52 17,810 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks like Argos are cancelling and refunding today.

Relevant tweet

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.