Octopath Traveller Page 12

• Deleted user 3 August 2018 09:54:01
    Blackmarsh63 wrote:
    @Wade_Garrett Any idea where she got it from ? Out of stock everywhere :-(
    In-store in game.
  • Mola_Ram 4 Aug 2018 11:53:30 18,683 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Phwoar chapter 3 is a bit of a step up! Went straight into Tressa's dungeon and got thoroughly murdered by lightning elementals. And they're just normal enemies!
  • richyroo 4 Aug 2018 12:52:00 267 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    2x chapter 4's done. Not looking forward to reaching the end :(
  • hypoBla5t 4 Aug 2018 13:41:44 2,284 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Done 3 Chapter 4s now here. Bosses are definitely a step up but my tactic of 3 strong characters dragging a weaker one through is still working. Doing the Chapters of my least favourite 4 first then using the last 4 as training for the endgame dungeons.
  • richyroo 4 Aug 2018 14:02:07 267 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @hypoBla5t I did hear that you need two strong parties for some of the end game stuff, although not sure how reliable that source is.

I have kept all my characters levelled the same though as each one have their strengths and weaknesses.

Its funny how some characters I didnt like at the start, now have become completely badass. I have Primrose as a Dancer and Cleric, and she is the most awesome support unity. Being able to cast reflect on everyone and buff everyone at the same time is super effective.

Edited by richyroo at 14:04:05 04-08-2018
  • slider271 4 Aug 2018 17:41:27 52 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Blackmarsh63 My local Smyths had 3 left yesterday. 2 now :) £44.99
  • Graxlar_v3 4 Aug 2018 19:08:59 4,170 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Phwoar chapter 3 is a bit of a step up! Went straight into Tressa's dungeon and got thoroughly murdered by lightning elementals. And they're just normal enemies!
    :( I am close to chapter 3ís I think and was worried about them already. Have taken a break but want to get back to it st some point.
  • Mola_Ram 4 Aug 2018 23:22:32 18,683 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's actually not that bad, really. You just have to think a bit more about which characters to bring.
  • richyroo 5 Aug 2018 16:28:15 267 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wait until you get to the advanced job shrines then....just seriously got my butt kicked
  • Deleted user 7 August 2018 07:03:28
    Had a couple of hours on this now and whilst I'm enjoying the game so far, it has a couple of negatives that get on my tits a bit.

I hate random encounters in games and for me this has too many of them.

The lack of interaction and the way the stories don't appear to cross over is also disappointing.

It's early days yet and maybe those issues will disappear. Enjoying it like I said and will crack on with it.
  • Mola_Ram 8 Aug 2018 07:09:28 18,683 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you want fewer random encounters, Cyrus has a skill you might like to try.

Also, I'd like to take back my comment about chapter 3 being super difficult. It's not that bad, with the notable exception of the boss of Alfyn's story. Fucking Miguel.
  • Mola_Ram 9 Aug 2018 04:05:58 18,683 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I really like Tressa's story. It's kind of low stakes compared to some of the other ones, but it's just nice to have a "let's go on an adventure and see the world!" plot in amongst the revenge and betrayal and murder and such.
  • hypoBla5t 9 Aug 2018 12:04:00 2,284 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All done apart from the mega tough secret last dungeon thing. 55 hours for all chapters done and all classes unlocked. All thatís left now is to drive myself insane grinding levels to be able to take it on. Undecided whether I can be bothered at this point but either way, what a game.
  • richyroo 9 Aug 2018 16:27:54 267 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wow I have 1 chapter left and spend 93 hours so far. Did you speed through it or did I dawdle along slowly?
  • TitanWarlord93 9 Aug 2018 20:52:01 327 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Okay I just caved in and decided to buy this. There was only the 1 physical copy at Argos today so decided why not.

Played the demo and I've first picked Therion and then when I got to the first boss I kinda just gave up because the guard keeps reappearing and fucking my shit up.

Besides all that I'm going to committ to this so I'm going to venture out more and see if I can get at least couple more heroes to join the party.
  • richyroo 9 Aug 2018 21:40:11 267 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The bosses are designed so that you can kill them if you only have 1 party member etc....at least the first few are anyway.

You may just need to level up a couple of times which will make all the difference. Also dont forget to use ALL his skills...his most useful being "Shackle" which will make the enemies not hit as hard.
  • ChiefGB 10 Aug 2018 02:05:06 9,415 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I seem to have drifted away from this, the random battles are a bit too frequent at times. I'm away for a few days over the weekend so I'll try again, it is lovely but feels just a bit disjointed so far.
  • Mola_Ram 10 Aug 2018 02:47:18 18,683 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm powering through it, because I know I'll get distracted if I stop. Currently at the (I think) final boss of Tressa's story. Hopefully if I beat it, I'll be able to switch her out of the party - she's like 10 levels ahead of everyone else.
  • Mola_Ram 10 Aug 2018 03:16:08 18,683 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Awwwww, what a great little story that was. I love Tressa.
  • TitanWarlord93 10 Aug 2018 09:18:38 327 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So on my second run through with Heathcote I have managed to defeat him. All I did was just focused on him and forgetting the guard until the end. I have managed to scout more weapons and armory as well as skills including the 'Shackle' so that made the first boss much more easier.

Looks like this could be the game I play every night in bed. Great game so far.
  • hypoBla5t 10 Aug 2018 09:21:41 2,284 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @richyroo wouldnít say Iíve rushed but havenít wasted any time. End game grinding has a very slot machine vibe to it. Make sure you guys are dancing if youíre grinding for XP to try and get lucky with those boosts!!
  • XtraCheese 11 Aug 2018 12:24:10 110 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Does anyone else find the HD rumble of opening and closing doors ridiciously loud and jarring ?
  • Humperfunk 11 Aug 2018 13:21:01 7,787 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    XtraCheese wrote:
    Does anyone else find the HD rumble of opening and closing doors ridiciously loud and jarring ?
    Only played the demo but yeah, had to switch it off.
  • XtraCheese 11 Aug 2018 14:08:03 110 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    XtraCheese wrote:
    Only played the demo but yeah, had to switch it off.
    Me too. Is this an issue with a lot of Switch games ? Only really getting properly into buying games for it now but finding the HD rumble especially in handheld quite annoying and over the top

Edited by XtraCheese at 14:08:29 11-08-2018
  • Kay 11 Aug 2018 14:42:44 19,726 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Really depends on how each game implements it, some are better than others. I usually play with headphones so don't "hear" the rumble. In any case, you can usually turn it down or off completely, so it's not really a big issue.
  • Mola_Ram 13 Aug 2018 17:07:29 18,683 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wish the advanced classes weren't quite so hard to get. They're nice to have, sure, but by the time you're a high enough level to unlock them, there's not much game left to use them for.
  • Mola_Ram 18 Aug 2018 05:32:49 18,683 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And done. I'm not going to bother with the post-game dungeon (I'm not prepared to do that much grinding), so I looked it up online.

Gotta say, while it's nice to see all of the little connections between the stories come together, I don't think that sort of thing should have been left to a hidden bonus dungeon. If you're going to bring everyone together, do it in the main game!

Anyway, it was a great ride overall. I really did like a lot of the individual stories, and I didn't mind them being separated as much as I thought I would.
  • Duffking 26 Aug 2018 19:10:19 15,872 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Got 3 of the 4 hidden jobs now, gonna get the last then do chapter 4 for everyone.

Tressa as a runelord is pretty amusing. You can use the share rune power followed by a boosted sidestep and your party straight up can't be hit by physical attacks any more.
  • RyanDS 25 Sep 2018 08:57:57 12,109 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmm...

I was enjoying this but have suddenly hit a wall.

Finished all first level quests, looking to move on to chapter 2. Lowest level reccomended is level 21? My characters range level 13-17. Just spent an hour grinding and got the four in my team up to 16, 16, 17, 21. Fuck me.

Tempted to drop this right now if the grinding is that bad. Am I missing something?

Also the percentages are fucked up. Playing as Therion. Chance to steal of 36%? Failed 18 times in a row. Chance to steal of 69%? Failed 6 times in a row before I gave up on the train this morning.
  • Mola_Ram 25 Sep 2018 09:18:19 18,683 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There is a bit of grinding at that point, but it doesn't take long (at least it didn't for me). Just take your main and another powerful character along (see: Cyrus) to carry the newbies through one of the optional dungeons, and they will level up quickly. Fwiw the level-recommended gaps for later chapters are a bit more manageable.

No idea about the steal percentages. I've gotten steals that were 3% on the first go, and other, higher ones sometimes took much longer.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.