Octopath Traveller Page 15

Next Last
  • PazJohnMitch 17 Apr 2019 10:24:23 14,453 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The recommended levels for the stories do change periodically throughout the game. (I do not know if this is the enemies scaling or the game judging your skill level, probably the former).

They are however recommended levels only and the character levels required to perform character actions on NPCs outside the battles do not scale. So if you observe a recommended level increasing the mission can still be completed if you are at the original recommended level.

I would not recommend grinding to reach the recommended level.
  • Switch024 28 Apr 2019 10:07:02 3,376 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Working my way through the 2nd chapters, Cyrus' story is my personal favourite so far. It's the most interesting and there's some good humour in there.

I've not started Primrose, Tressa, Alfyn or Olberic's 2nd chapters yet and I'm wondering whether to save them until I've done all Chapters for my current party? I'd like to see some more of these stories I've already progressed.
  • DangerousDave_87 28 Apr 2019 10:44:40 5,912 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That's an approach I considered, but never executed. It may well help break up the formula somewhat, but it's not without risk.

The downside to that plan is that you'll need to find two balanced parties of 4 characters. Until you can change classes, you might struggle if one party doesn't have a healer, for example. You'll have to plan ahead for that one!
  • Mola_Ram 28 Apr 2019 11:02:06 20,084 posts
    Seen 37 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can still find the 8 shrines for the secondary classes, and get that variety without needing to have Cyrus (or whoever) actually in your party.

Whatever you decide, I'd recommend finishing the story of your main character first, as it leaves them free to be swapped out of the party.
  • PazJohnMitch 28 Apr 2019 13:39:43 14,453 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There is one spoiler filled question I have been meaning to ask about the final battle:

Primrose was my main and her final battle was a 2 parter with the bad guy having a second 'true form'. Her's was the only story that did this. Was that because Primrose's boss is the only 2 parter or does everyone's main character have a 2 part fight?

Edited by PazJohnMitch at 14:01:58 28-04-2019
  • Mola_Ram 28 Apr 2019 13:49:28 20,084 posts
    Seen 37 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think it's only her, but most of the final chapter battles I can remember were just one part.
  • Switch024 28 Apr 2019 15:39:11 3,376 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've got most of the job shrines now I think, I'm only missing a couple but in my current party I've got all roles covered. I'm going to crack on with these 4 characters and will worry about the others later, I think I'll enjoy the game more this way.

Edited by Switch024 at 15:41:36 28-04-2019
  • Switch024 29 Apr 2019 10:29:12 3,376 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    After drifting away last year I'm now hooked again.

It seems to take me around 2 to 3 hours to do a chapter which is around what I get for gaming each night. It means each story arc fits neatly into one play session and things keep moving on. Really enjoying it.

I'm not sure if there's an optimum way to assign jobs to your party but this is what I've gone with for my current 4.

Therion - Apothecary
    H'aanit - Warrior
    Cyrus - Merchant
    Ophelia - Dancer

Seems to be working well so far, Ophelia and Therion can both heal and buff/debuff whilst H'aanit and Cyrus do the big damage.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.