Octopath Traveller Page 3

• Zero_g 15 May 2018 11:52:59 269 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Canít say that Iím surprised tbh.
    Still might have be nice if they had noticed their error earlier and honoured those orders already placed.
    Seriously youíd have thought that the numbers being sold might have set alarm bells ringing. Donít they monitor reddit etc?
  • DangerousDave_87 15 May 2018 11:53:11 4,808 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    On a separate note, sales of Lego Minifigures have risen 1000%. Argos are said to be pleased with result!
  • THFourteen 15 May 2018 11:53:42 48,964 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Guess this goes back on my "maybe" list then.
  • Ror 15 May 2018 12:01:06 17,559 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, my cancellation email just came through. As others have said, not at all surprising, but it was worth a punt.

They have given me a £5 discount code though, so I'm pretty chuffed with that, all told :)
  • The_Goon 15 May 2018 12:11:01 896 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    Well, my cancellation email just came through. As others have said, not at all surprising, but it was worth a punt.

They have given me a £5 discount code though, so I'm pretty chuffed with that, all told :)
    Got mine just now too. £5 discount code is pretty sweet though. May use it on Mario Tennis as I don't see that falling in price much over the coming months.
  • Zero_g 15 May 2018 12:56:43 269 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Ror
    Received my email too.
    Not surprised in the least.
    The £5 promo code was pretty generous though!
  • Deleted user 15 May 2018 13:16:13
    Another code email here. Now what shall I put my fiver towards?
  • Ror 15 May 2018 13:22:18 17,559 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really want Skyrim on the Switch, so thought I might just bung it on that. They're asking 45 notes though.

Also, just a heads-up in case anyone missed it, the code is only valid for a month.
  • Deleted user 15 May 2018 13:29:19
    @Ror

Cheers. I might use it for a dark souls pre order which will knock it down to £26 or LA Noire for £18.99
  • DakeyrasUK 15 May 2018 13:31:43 1,783 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So are we not suspicious of this practice?

Leaving the "genuine pricing error" up for several days and then giving everyone £5 off another order.

Sure not everyone will use it, but most who will, will do so buying something they weren't planning on buying.

Maybe im a cynic. It sure is good if it remains valid for 6 months and i can use it on a deal down the line to make it an even better deal.
  • The_Goon 15 May 2018 13:34:26 896 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DakeyrasUK wrote:
    So are we not suspicious of this practice?

Leaving the "genuine pricing error" up for several days and then giving everyone £5 off another order.

Sure not everyone will use it, but most who will, will do so buying something they weren't planning on buying.

Maybe im a cynic. It sure is good if it remains valid for 6 months and i can use it on a deal down the line to make it an even better deal.
    Exactly. I made the same comment in a different thread essentially. These 'misprices' happen all too often. Surely they have systems in place to detect these even over weekends?
  • DakeyrasUK 15 May 2018 13:34:36 1,783 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah just seen only valid for a month. Unlikely i will use mine then...
  • jimnastics 15 May 2018 13:40:25 1,396 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They've got Lumo for £17.99 / £12.99 with code. It still featches £15-£20 on ebay, worth a punt I think with solid reviews.
  • Ror 15 May 2018 13:44:47 17,559 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh sure, they're not giving you a fiver out of the kindness of their hearts, they're expecting it to basically force you into a purchase you may not otherwise have made. Still though, you've lost nothing and if you do use it, it's still a fiver off.

And this:

Addyb_V2 wrote:
    I might use it for a dark souls pre order which will knock it down to £26...
    Isn't a bad idea at all :)
  • ChiefGB 15 May 2018 14:35:51 8,947 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Let's face it, you all knew what you were doing when you ordered it. Mistakes happen so getting £5 for trying and failing to take advantage is better than nowt.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 15 May 2018 14:39:45 3,094 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Got my expected cancellation and voucher. If nothing else comes up can always get two free mini figures with it as it doesn't seem to mention a minimum spend ;). Puts my expected game spending for the month back to where it should be.
  • Deleted user 15 May 2018 15:19:40
    I've gone for the souls pre order for £26.99. I was going to go ps4 but souls portable is just something I need in my life.
  • Ror 15 May 2018 15:33:35 17,559 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was umming and ahhing over it for a bit, but I think I might just leave it. They take money at point of order and there's no date yet for Switch Souls...

Dunno.
  • Deleted user 15 May 2018 16:24:55
    Ror wrote:
    I was umming and ahhing over it for a bit, but I think I might just leave it. They take money at point of order and there's no date yet for Switch Souls...

Dunno.
    Yeah that's the only problem. I've stuck it on my credit card. If it ends up being cheaper elsewhere I'll just cancel my order. I know I'll lose the fiver credit but I don't normally buy from Argos unless games are on sale. I was looking at dragon's crown for ps4 but they want £45 for that!
  • Ror 15 May 2018 16:36:02 17,559 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I had actually decided to grab Battle Chasers instead, as I've played a few hours of it on Xbox and enjoyed it, but think I would get a lot more out of it on Switch.

Only problem is they won't deliver it to me or offer it for in-store pick-up.
  • Deleted user 15 May 2018 16:39:31
    @Ror

Yeah I'd already pre ordered that from Amazon as it was a more bearable price with prime.
  • Ror 15 May 2018 16:59:17 17,559 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Addyb_V2 I'd be quite happy with it for £24, but the buggers obviously don't want me to have it!
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 15 May 2018 18:31:21 3,094 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Let's face it, you all knew what you were doing when you ordered it. Mistakes happen so getting £5 for trying and failing to take advantage is better than nowt.
    Yep, I went in with zero expectations so lost nothing. They occasionally have decent prices on things so may use voucher. Only other item I ever bought online from Argos was a SNES mini preorder.
  • Anthony_UK 15 May 2018 20:21:50 2,930 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    In my 30's and despite trying occasionally over the years, JRPG's were just something I never "got", Chromo Trigger and even FF7 both scared me off at the first challenge, the systems and the common understood mechanics of that genre were just lost on me.

Anyway, gave this a go.. And I'm absolutely hooked. The random battles I even found fun, just by learning how not to get hit during battles. Then when encountering and getting my ass handed back to me from the first boss.. Instead of switching off in disgust, it made me learn and experiment. Absolutely loved it, especially the lack of an in depth tutorial, making you learn.

Maybe it's an age thing, but it's making me look at what else I've missed over the years.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 15 May 2018 21:11:33 32,040 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If you have a 3DS, please give Bravely Default a try. There's a demo that feels quite similar to this in some ways. You might not like it, but it is worth a go.

The demo for this is quite generous. I reckon the Warrior path is about 3 hours if you want to see everything (maybe a bit more for some grinding for the final Shrine), and that's without trying the Dancer path. It took me a while to try it out, but it's pretty good :)

Edited by DFawkes at 21:11:56 15-05-2018
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 15 May 2018 21:50:27 3,094 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bravely Default (and sequel) was one of the few well rated jrpgs on 3DS I didn't buy despite liking the look of it in previews. The demo completely put me off it though. And I am pretty forgiving in JRPGs, liming everything from generic Final Fantasies, Saga games, Shin Megami Tenseis, DRPGs, Tales style action rpgs but just didn't like this. Backlog is so huge that I doubt I will now though. Not played Octopath demo as not got Switch but will give it a try when I get one in case the demo appeals more than BD,s (and again, this comesfrom someone who knows most RPG demos aren't great too).
  • The_Goon 15 May 2018 22:12:31 896 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can you pick up in the full game from where you complete the demo? I've played a little of the demo but I'm not inclined to sink in substantial time if I can't continue...
  • DangerousDave_87 3 Jun 2018 22:04:45 4,808 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Been reading a number of previews over the weekend. The general consensus is that this game is as tough as nails.
  • Mola_Ram 4 Jun 2018 08:27:14 18,141 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    Been reading a number of previews over the weekend. The general consensus is that this game is as tough as nails.
    Excellent :)
  • Humperfunk 4 Jun 2018 08:41:56 7,654 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oof, that puts me off somewhat then. Got so little time and so many games that I'm loving piling through them recently on Easy mode, haven't got time for frustration.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.