/is a wimp
  • THFourteen 10 Feb 2018 09:08:56 48,202 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted
  • THFourteen 10 Feb 2018 09:08:57 48,202 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    An option has been added to skip the cutscene when awakening a Blade.

Hell yeah!
  • THFourteen 10 Feb 2018 09:41:22 48,202 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well there are loads more rare blades now in new game + so odds should increase.

I might also release the rare blades I own in the hope of catching them again on the right character.

If I bother at playing all that is.
  • Deleted user 11 February 2018 22:25:17
    THFourteen wrote:
    An option has been added to skip the cutscene when awakening a Blade.

Hell yeah!
    You know you can hit pause and then skip the animation the moment the blade is revealed?
  • Deleted user 12 February 2018 06:29:17
    @ecu i think so, but it's handy to know you can skip the blade animation... Not that it will matter in a couple of days.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Feb 2018 10:39:58 22,179 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've started playing this again, I'm early on in Chapter 2.
    I've started playing Tiger Tiger and got the artificial Blade, we just sneaked onto the big ship to rescue Nia.

So, when I salvage, I gather stuff, what shouzld be sold/used?
    There is a bewildering array of buyers/sellers of all sorts of stuff.
    How does it work having multiple blades and drivers?
    I upgraded my side bash, what should I concentrate on?

Really liking the game but feeling a bit lost!
  • Mola_Ram 12 Feb 2018 10:44:34 17,728 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    When you salvage stuff, you should sell all of it (unless it's needed for a quest or something), but never ever sell the bits individually. They all contribute to certain sets, and are worth far more combined than they are individually.

As for all the shops, most of them are only there to sell you pouch items that give certain bonuses depending on whether your driver/blade likes them or not.

The general advice is to just keep ploughing ahead with the game, and you'll start getting a hang of it all around Chapter 4 or so.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 10:46:51 12-02-2018
  • Deleted user 12 February 2018 10:50:21
    @Armoured_Bear

I think it's best in the early game not to sell anything at all. You don't need the money and the items you find might be needed for a quest. You can sell things at the "Scalesicon" shop if you have a "full set".

Check the aux core shop now and then to see if you can refine any with things you found. Check the weapon chip shop in any new town and buy the best item for each blade. Make sure you've the right pouch item for each driver. I ignore all other vendors.

Other drivers are controlled by the computer as are any bonded blades. You control and can switch between any blades you have and use them to build up your art level quickly to three or above (level 1 does nothing towardsa combo). Use your drivers to get a combo going in battle.

Upgrade SP self all the time and boost up the abilities using WP of your primary blades (ie pyra, dromarch and poppi).

Aside from that, there's shit loads to learn and Google might help with beginners tips.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Feb 2018 10:54:48 22,179 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    GuybrushThreepwood wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear

I think it's best in the early game not to sell anything at all. You don't need the money and the items you find might be needed for a quest. You can sell things at the "Scalesicon" shop if you have a "full set".

Check the aux core shop now and then to see if you can refine any with things you found. Check the weapon chip shop in any new town and buy the best item for each blade. Make sure you've the right pouch item for each driver. I ignore all other vendors.

Other drivers are controlled by the computer as are any bonded blades. You control and can switch between any blades you have and use them to build up your art level quickly to three or above (level 1 does nothing towardsa combo). Use your drivers to get a combo going in battle.

Upgrade SP self all the time and boost up the abilities using WP of your primary blades (ie pyra, dromarch and poppi).

Aside from that, there's shit loads to learn and Google might help with beginners tips.
    Thanks a lot.

How do I know the "right pouch item for each driver"?
    Should I switch between blades in battle or alternate?

Edited by Armoured_Bear at 10:54:59 12-02-2018
  • Deleted user 12 February 2018 11:48:09
    @Armoured_Bear the right item for each pouch is either trial and error based on hints from the blades or googling.

You should switch to another blade when it becomes available as you then get their skills to use. If you have three blades, then you can move from your primary through the other two and back again and your Art will be at 3 or 4. Much faster than using just one and waiting for the cool downs to expire.

Also use your skills just as your weapon hits the mob. This is classed as a cancel and reduces cooldowns.
  • THFourteen 12 Feb 2018 12:00:05 48,202 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just google the pouch items.

Life is too short for that kind of shit
  • Singularity 12 Feb 2018 12:26:32 2,738 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Or if you don't want to quite so flagrantly cheat, the pouch node(s) on each Blade's skills screen will tell you the category(/ies) they like.

But yeah, just Google it as life is definitely too short.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Feb 2018 13:10:38 22,179 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks guys, I'll be googling.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Feb 2018 13:16:06 17,728 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The game is generally considered to be pretty overwhelming at first. But you will basically understand everything, eventually. Just takes a while!
  • Mola_Ram 12 Feb 2018 13:16:08 17,728 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Load_2.0 12 Feb 2018 13:22:25 26,586 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think googling turns that element of the game into a chore. The idea isn't that you master everything in the first couple of chapters.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Feb 2018 13:23:52 22,179 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    I think googling turns that element of the game into a chore. The idea isn't that you master everything in the first couple of chapters.
    ok, good point.
  • Duffking 12 Feb 2018 14:12:23 15,451 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear to add to the consensus

1. Don't sell anything other than unwanted duplicate accessories. Make money by trading salvage bundles, after you've spent 10 cylinders or so somewhere you can easily make back what you spent in trades several times over.

2. For pouch items just try stuff, don't worry too much about it but if you stumble on a preferred category, stick to that one. A good early on e is you can get Jenerossi Tea for Pyra at Garfont Village. If you find a particularly good one it can be good to buy in bulk

3. Switch Blades in battle in order to keep the pressure on and avoid art cooldowns, if you cancel an auto attack into a blade switch they'll have all their arts ready to go immediately.

As a bonus...

4. Once you get Merc Missions unlocked, start with the ones that have little key icons in the rewards as they'll increase shop inventory, then when you're in Chapter 4 spam the fuck out of cylinders to make money/raise development, then start buying one of everything from shops, if you've completed their inventory you'll be able to go back in and buy a deed and get permanent bonuses.

Oh, and get your head around Blade Combos as soon as you can.

Edited by Duffking at 14:12:53 12-02-2018
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Feb 2018 14:29:08 22,179 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks guys, so can I do Blade combos yet?
  • Zero_g 12 Feb 2018 15:37:42 253 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blade combos require you to use a level 1, level 2 and level 3 elemental attack (charged by using blade arts) in order.

However they have to comply with an elemental order as specified in the upper right when youíve kicked the sequence off with any element.
    If youíre rescuing Nia then youíll probably struggle as a result of having a limited number of party members, limited number of blades and hence available elements, it can also take a while to get to the level 3 arts at that stage in the game and if youíre not quick enough earlier stacks will fall off.

Edited by Zero_g at 15:38:38 12-02-2018
  • Deleted user 12 February 2018 16:25:42
    Ref combos, wait until your other drivers have their icons on the screen with a white circle rotating around them. Then there are two dots on these white circles at least, (and you're at 2 at least) then activate them using the respective trigger.

I find that if I activate Tora (Earth), then wait, it will tend to show that I can use either fire or earth next. I'll tend to use fire (pyra) and then it will say I can use water (Nia) and from that I get a third stage combo which does pretty decent damage.

If you manage 4 stages, then you "seal" one of the mob's abilities.. and it gets more complicated and needs chains and stuff.
  • ChiefGB 12 Feb 2018 17:09:24 8,303 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Seem to have hit a literal brick wall with this. Presumably at the end of chapter 3 and the two baddies just stomp me everytime I try it after a few mins. Can you go into a battle with all three bars already built up or do you always have to build it up? This may help if so but I'm guessing it's the topple/launch stuff that's maybe making it impenetrable. That, my skills or all of the above. I rested at the inn and bumped up 2 levels but it doesn't seem to have made much difference. Once my team start falling over I have to use the bars I've gained to pick them back up.
  • Duffking 12 Feb 2018 18:08:25 15,451 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @ChiefGB

Target Akhos. You only need to get him to half health. The other enemy will sometimes taunt forcing you to target him for a while, as soon as it wears off, tell your party to target the other guy again. Don't target Malos, I assume him using taunt is the game's hint that you shouldn't be targeting him.

By 3 bars, do you mean the arts? You can, but you need to fill out the driver's affinity chart for that, there's one skill on each tier that will pre-charge an art. You might be able to afford one of those skills by this point.

Make sure you've got decent pouch items assigned as well.

Edited by Duffking at 18:09:27 12-02-2018

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.