Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Page 48

• Zero_g 2 Mar 2018 23:50:02 277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ecu
    I got the impression relentless arduan was dropping fewer cores but I was still seeing between 8-15 a few hours ago.
    Can I suggest that you check all the common blades youíre binning off for + luck % before you release them.

Otherwise best of luck!

Just checked what you said about the nerf and I think youíre right. My luck is no longer maxed out.

Edited by Zero_g at 00:01:56 03-03-2018
  • Zero_g 3 Mar 2018 08:42:01 277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ecu
    Congratulations!
  • DakeyrasUK 3 Mar 2018 10:43:37 1,858 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Huzzah for you!

And huzzah for me, I have just ginished the game. Level 87/88 and 139+ hrs.

Such a fantastic game despite the UI foibles. This will be one that stays with me and is sure as heck no 2 after breath of the wild for my game of 2017.

Question is do I want to keep playing or move onto some backlog before sea of thieves ckmes out...
  • Deleted user 3 March 2018 11:20:27
    Just a quick tip on salvaging. Probably everyone knows then, but hey.

Each QT ring challenge is at a different speed. First is fastest and last is slowest.

Click on the first almost as soon as you see it. The second just before it enters the outer blue ring and the last just before it enters the inner ring. That way you stand a good chance of getting it just right each time.

Getting a perfect seems to increase the chance of a chest, but not guarantee one. I think the outer blue gives a little less of a bonus than the inner.

You don't get creatures with premium cylinders.

As said, to get a location to 5 stars, buy 99 gold cylinders and then sell them back.

Premium cylinders seem to be available from chapter 7 onwards. There's an rng chance of them appearing after you rest at the nearby inn. They seem to stay until you rest again. At least this is what I'm reading.

No idea which is the best location to salvage. I'm just at Fonsett.
  • Deleted user 3 March 2018 11:54:45
    Thanks.

Spent 650k on cylinders and made 1.4 million back.

Thats with screwing up and selling treasures before collectables as I didn't realise some items in the collections were treasure. Oh well, you live and learn.

Time to see what i get with 1.4 million worth of cylinders. Does luck help or salvaging?
  • Mola_Ram 3 Mar 2018 12:03:27 18,263 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think Luck helps, but am not 100% sure. Having Blades with Salvaging Mastery equipped definitely helps.

I never really bothered with Premium Cylinders, because by the time I unlocked them I already had more money than I knew what to do with.
  • ghearoid 3 Mar 2018 13:25:36 3,040 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @GuybrushThreepwood

I just made sure I always had a blade with salvaging mastery as a skill, like Boreas and Praxis. Some of the common blades also have that skill.
  • Deleted user 3 March 2018 13:56:13
    @ghearoid thanks. I've four of them with salvage mastery and I've got luck stuff on rex.

Will see how it goes. Ursula is done now as well.
  • Zero_g 5 Mar 2018 10:00:33 277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Running through Noponchos like no ones business trying to complete affinity charts.

Strangely the vendor in fonset has never enquiries why I need so many...

Also worried Iím going to where out the ĎAí button on my joycon.

Why oh why canít dahlia, gorg, Pyra and Vess make more than one sculpture, desert, meal or dumpling without exiting their Ďfabricationí screens...

Edited by Zero_g at 10:01:30 05-03-2018
  • Deleted user 5 March 2018 11:08:25
    @Zero_g Have you thought about just bunging them onto mercenary missions? Chances are that they'll get their affinity chart filled out that way. I'm sticking Vess on them all the time and she apparently cooks dumplings while off on merc missions which is fine with me.

I'm currently on Chapter 8. My current party composition is a bit weird.
  • Zero_g 5 Mar 2018 11:22:51 277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @GuybrushThreepwood
    Ooh, no, I hadnít considered this. Vess is about the only one thatís left.
  • ghearoid 5 Mar 2018 13:05:07 3,040 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I sent out rare blades on Merc missions because I couldn't expand their affinity charts in battle. Works a treat. Even odd ones like cooking, battling a particular beast or using a certain special move.
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Mar 2018 13:25:31 23,842 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Right, so I'm only on Chapter 3, I just finished Umon's Ship quest, I've had a few occasions where I can't open chests because I don't have lockpicking skills high enough.
    I know I'm a moron but how does that increase?
    It looks as if I have a core that can hugely boost someone's auto attack power, any reason not to use them?
  • Zero_g 5 Mar 2018 14:24:48 277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Various blades have a Ďlock pickingí field skill (field skills are green in the affinity chart - thereís also a separate tab to display their field skills). Equip blades with the field skill to increase your current lockpicking ability.
    You can increase the bladesí level of lockpicking by raising their trust and then completing the activity on the relevant lockpicking node.
  • Armoured_Bear 5 Mar 2018 14:35:13 23,842 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zero_g wrote:
    Various blades have a Ďlock pickingí field skill (field skills are green in the affinity chart - thereís also a separate tab to display their field skills). Equip blades with the field skill to increase your current lockpicking ability.
    You can increase the bladesí level of lockpicking by raising their trust and then completing the activity on the relevant lockpicking node.
    Thanks, I'll need to have a look tonight.
    I don't even know where you get field skills.

Edited by Armoured_Bear at 14:35:23 05-03-2018
  • Zero_g 5 Mar 2018 14:58:13 277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear
    All blades have field skills.
    For common blades it usually connected to their element e.g. fire mastery for a fire blade etc.
    Often common blades have additional skills for harvesting collection points, e.g. botany, agronomy, icthyology or salvaging.

The rare blades have a load of other options including focus, super strength, jumping and lock picking (and some quest specific ones)

The easiest way ito determine a blades field skills is to equip a blade and view their affinity charts. Alternately go to manage blades or equip blade screens and hit ĎLí or ĎRí until the info displays their field skills.
  • DangerousDave_87 5 Mar 2018 16:34:01 4,947 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The one thing I like about the chests is that if you can't open them there and then, they appear on your map as an icon so you can't ever forget.
  • Tait0 6 Mar 2018 14:30:38 37 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You can not complete the cooking parts of affinity charts by sending them out on merc missions unfortunately, I tested this heavily and not once did it level up any of those skills, same goers for a mission to kill a unique mob. Merc missions will do pretty much anything else on an affinity chart though, I had to make all of Vess's dumplings, Pyras food, Gorg's pastries and Dahlias Icecrafting.

The worst grind I have found though was doing Ursula's singing, must have had to do 200 merc missions to finish hers off, and that only opens up her affinity chart, you still then have to mash 10k trust on her!

I have been quite lucky with cores, since I started opening them at the weekend I have managed to get Dagas, Dahlia, Perceval, Electra, Newt, Adenine, Zenobia, Godfrey, Perun and Ursula. I got those from about 15 legendary cores, 99 Rares, and 99 commons, didn't bother using any boosters at all in any of them. I think I only got 2 of the blades from common cores though. Looking at my blade album it looks like I only have 3 left to find, one being Kos-Mos, no idea who the other 2 are.

Will probably try and finish the game this evening, I feel like I have been putting it off for ages now, all my characters are level 92 and I have done 208 hours now.
  • JoelStinty 6 Mar 2018 14:45:42 6,784 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Iím on chapter 7 (I think) and it is only the really been in the last 10 hours or so that I am playing around doing tasks in the affinity chart. One of those things which isnít really explained but suddenly come across a story point which made me look at the charts properly :|

Having a second wind with the game though at the moment which is nice, and a money saver :)

Edited by JoelStinty at 14:46:01 06-03-2018
  • Tait0 6 Mar 2018 15:42:16 37 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ursulas is the worst! You dont need to finish it 1st unless you have already started the grind, as you will loose your progress as the items you get from the merc missions dont carry over, but if you haven't started that you should be good to start NG+. Although might be best to just get grind out of the way now while you have easy access to everything?

Has anyone bought the DLC? Is it worth it? WHat does it add? It doesnt seem that significant to me from what I have seen, just a few quests?
  • Zero_g 6 Mar 2018 16:46:02 277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Tait0
    Iíve not bought the DLC. I think this far itís only been some items and ether for Poppi.
    Thereís a new blade mid year and new story content in December.
    However by then Iíll probably have lost all interest.
  • Tait0 7 Mar 2018 10:03:28 37 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sounds like it's not worth going for at the moment then, I will wait until all of it has come out before deciding to buy.

I finished the main game last night, last boss was a pushover, that's the problem with being 30 levels higher I guess...

The only thing I had a problem with was the Morag fight, I felt that was pretty ridiculous considering I killed all the other party members in seconds anyone else struggle with that?

On the whole I really enjoyed the game bar some of the grinding and bad UI choices.

What have you guys who have finished done after game end? Hunt for the super bosses?

Edited by Tait0 at 10:06:38 07-03-2018

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.