Following Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Page 55

• RyanDS 19 Aug 2018 14:12:35 12,745 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And done. What a game. Better than the first and way better than x. Loved every minute. Apart from fucking swapping blades for skill checks.

Toss up between this and persona 5 for game of the generation for me.
  • Armoured_Bear 19 Aug 2018 14:19:37 26,695 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I finished Chapter 3, go me!
  • ChiefGB 27 Aug 2018 10:34:09 10,687 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've not touched this in a few months now.

Anyway awesome to see the original and x characters coming with the pass, their models look awesome in this engine and kind of make me wish for remakes on the switch I guess. Although x is rather too self indulgent for its own good in places really.
    Make it happen ninty and I will probably bite.
  • fretto 1 Sep 2018 12:30:25 633 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    After a long hiatus I got back into this after seeing the upcoming DLC and finally finished it. The story is batshit crazy but I enjoyed it and the ending was quite satisfying. I was on the fence about it at the beginning as the battle system looked confusing but I really enjoyed the game and now wouldn't mind trying the first one and X. I will definitely get the DLC at some point too. Really great game and a must buy on the Switch
  • Graxlar_v3 1 Sep 2018 12:44:20 6,725 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I picked up the dlc yesterday, in preparation. Should prob log on and see what I have so far
  • Singularity 17 Sep 2018 12:02:06 3,133 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Torna is here. Loving being able to go back in, although it is weird starting at level one again and not being all powerful. New Game Plus had been rather easy so far.

Generally I'm not a fan of prequels as I'd rather see what happens next, but I'm interested in what's going on.
  • Load_2.0 17 Sep 2018 13:06:22 29,324 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I enjoyed it but I was ready for it to finish by the end.

Don't think I'll get the expansion as the fetch quests wore me down. I had the same issue with Xenoblade Chronicles X on the WiiU, great game but one of the few games I never finished.

Shining resonance refrain will be next for me.
  • Graxlar_v3 17 Sep 2018 13:07:42 6,725 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    i have put about half hour into it so far.. seemed fun but it is all about the story now.
  • Toaster05 17 Sep 2018 20:09:44 2,141 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Enjoying Torna thus far.

Getting to Torigoth and hearing a rearranged theme put a very large grin on my face.

One of my most favourite game soundtracks.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 18 Sep 2018 13:06:56 8,668 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Worried I might have hit a wall with this. I'm in chapter 5 fighting Aeshma's Core (the second time), I can get it down to about 20% health and then I always get wiped out almost instantly. Any tips?
  • THFourteen 18 Sep 2018 13:07:57 51,946 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh

Spent all your Inn XP?

Grinnnnnd
  • BigOrkWaaagh 18 Sep 2018 13:15:34 8,668 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah I think so, I was forced to rest fairly recently. And grind really drives me crazy but I'll have a scout around for some non-crap quests and see about levelling up.
  • ghearoid 18 Sep 2018 13:26:31 3,200 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh focus on the control panel, ignore the boss itself.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 18 Sep 2018 13:38:00 8,668 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @ghearoid That's the first stage, I'm past that and it's just the boss on its own now.
  • gamecat 18 Sep 2018 16:40:31 852 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Penultimate chapter was cut scene crazy, final chapter is going to be worse isn't it? Vanilla this is, will pick up the dlc soon as it's been mostly really fun.
  • DangerousDave_87 18 Sep 2018 16:54:54 5,914 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I didn't see this game as a grind, like some folk had. I had to pull myself away from all the side quests and activities as I started to become too high a level in the final few chapters. I just really enjoyed exploring the environments and battling enemies to fine tune combo strategies.

I slept at an Inn once during the 3rd chapter of the game, but realised that was completely unnecessary. Its a convenient way of slimming down the experience of you're impatient, but you're cutting out the best parts of the game, in my opinion.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 18 Sep 2018 18:53:04 8,668 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just went to an inn on the off chance and gained 4 levels, what a twat. Still got nailed though.
  • DakeyrasUK 24 Sep 2018 19:31:39 2,776 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So any people able to report back on the dlc Torna experience?

Am still finishing spiderman, but am kinda tempted to go back to this as I loved it so much. But also am tempted to finally ff6 on my snes mini or ff12 that is unopened since my day 1 purchase...
  • Toaster05 24 Sep 2018 19:45:21 2,141 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's essentially more of the same. Few mechanics mixed up but by in large it's more of the same goodness you would have found in the main game.

I've not ploughed too much time into it as my Tv is currently off for repair and simply can't play it in handheld mode but I've enjoyed what little I've sampled.

Characters all seem good and Mytha is even snarkier than ever!
  • Zero_g 25 Sep 2018 10:46:43 312 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pre-ordered Torna (hardcopy) from
    Amazon in anticipation. Promised delivery on release and now itís out of stock (for the price I paid with prime Ďfreeí delivery).
    Still it will give me more time with hollow knight whilst I wait for restock.
  • Pipedream 26 Sep 2018 10:57:05 471 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hereís a promotional code if anyone wants it.

C005HBCLRB32DW1T

Just a few items so nothing fancy
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Oct 2018 21:47:06 26,695 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm on Chapter 4 and still clueless, I now have Roc and Godfrey as my blades alongside Pyra and I have another decent one attached to Nina.
    What am I supposed to do now?
    Keep a spread of elemental types between the two of us to cover water, fire, wind etc.? and just build them up?
    The other 2 are noticeably gash compared to Pyra.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2018 22:21:18 20,094 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Get as many Rare blades as you can, ideally bonded to people who aren't Rex (it's fine if he has a few, but everyone needs to pull their weight). Ideally have access to all the elements, as well as covering your DPS/tank/healing roles.
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Oct 2018 22:28:47 26,695 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Get as many Rare blades as you can, ideally bonded to people who aren't Rex (it's fine if he has a few, but everyone needs to pull their weight). Ideally have access to all the elements, as well as covering your DPS/tank/healing roles.
    Thanks.
    Also for Tora?
    I donít seem to be able to use anyone except Poppi?
  • Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2018 23:23:37 20,094 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tora can only ever use Poppi. But his options do open up, as a result of certain story events. He was a permanent part of my endgame lineup, such a good tank.
  • Armoured_Bear 14 Oct 2018 23:34:46 26,695 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Tora can only ever use Poppi. But his options do open up, as a result of certain story events. He was a permanent part of my endgame lineup, such a good tank.
    Ok, thanks.

So I currently have Godfrey, Roc and Pyra as Rexís drivers but Roc is a tank with wind element and for Mia I have Dromarch and Boreas.
    Boreas is also wind so should I dump Roc till Iím using another tank?
    Seems odd to have two wind elements, one of them the wrong type or am I brainless ?

So should I concentrate on using rare crystals to get some me electricity/light /dark drivers?
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2018 01:58:36 20,094 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You'll get a Light element Blade through the story, so don't worry too much about that element (it's pretty rare besides, I think there's only one Light Blade aside from the story one).

Having the different elements is useful for getting blade combos going, but at that point in the game it's probably better to just have your roles covered. You can use items to switch blades to different characters later.

Oh, and if you can't find an immediate use for a rare Blade, just send them on merc missions. That way they'll get at least a bit of experience when you're not using them.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 09:03:00 15-10-2018
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Oct 2018 10:52:04 26,695 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    You'll get a Light element Blade through the story, so don't worry too much about that element (it's pretty rare besides, I think there's only one Light Blade aside from the story one).

Having the different elements is useful for getting blade combos going, but at that point in the game it's probably better to just have your roles covered. You can use items to switch blades to different characters later.

Oh, and if you can't find an immediate use for a rare Blade, just send them on merc missions. That way they'll get at least a bit of experience when you're not using them.
    Thanks, so I should send Roc on Merc Missions and try and replace him with another rare attacker of an element that Mia doesn't have then?
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2018 11:04:51 20,094 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sure. If it's not working out, you can always recall Roc from whatever merc missing he/she is on.
  • Load_2.0 15 Oct 2018 11:05:56 29,324 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Mehmehmehmehmeh.

He was a ridiculous tank but I couldn't handle the noise.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.