Following Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Page 57

  • Ror 21 Dec 2018 15:38:51 18,022 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have Torna, but I'm saving it for April as I have a couple of long flights. Looking forward to it, but I'm also thinking I should really get around to playing the first one, which has been sat on my shelf unloved since the day it came out.

    I really wish Nintendo would port 1 and X to the Switch.
  • Graxlar_v3 21 Dec 2018 15:39:54 4,777 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Ror wrote:

    I really wish Nintendo would port 1 and X to the Switch.
  • ghearoid 21 Dec 2018 15:54:13 3,169 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I have Xenoblade Wii too. Bought it at launch but it's been sat on the shelf all these years tickling its own balls. I have it on my personal target to finally play it and complete it in 2019.

    I'd love a XCX Switch port too. That would be awesome!
  • Ror 21 Dec 2018 16:27:33 18,022 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I played a few hours of X when it came out (got the limited edition of that, too!) but never went back. I think I'm going to stop holding out hope that Nintendo ports them and play them via dolphin or something.
  • Rusty_M 22 Dec 2018 09:35:31 6,910 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Ror wrote:

    I really wish Nintendo would port 1 and X to the Switch.
  • MrFlay 22 Dec 2018 13:06:02 3,890 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is it worth buying the separate expansion if you aren't sure you'll like Xenoblade Chronicles 2? As a demo of sorts.

    I believe the physical version comes with an expansion pass code too.

    Edited by MrFlay at 13:06:31 22-12-2018
  • ghearoid 22 Dec 2018 13:44:39 3,169 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The Torna expansion is perfectly playable as a stand alone story, but it is chock.full of spoilers for the main game.

    And yes, the physical version comes with a code for all of the other DLC content for the main game
  • THFourteen 22 Dec 2018 19:44:37 50,591 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:
    Is it worth buying the separate expansion if you aren't sure you'll like Xenoblade Chronicles 2? As a demo of sorts.

    I believe the physical version comes with an expansion pass code too.
    What kind of games do you like generally?

    I mean for me the best thing about this game is the ridiculously OTT JRPG storyline and characters, and the lengthy but fantastic cutscenes.
  • Ror 22 Dec 2018 20:45:58 18,022 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, bugger. Opened up my Xeno Wii case and there's no disc inside. I've no idea if I can even find the power supply for the console now, to see if it's in there.
  • MrFlay 23 Dec 2018 12:43:17 3,890 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    MrFlay wrote:
    Is it worth buying the separate expansion if you aren't sure you'll like Xenoblade Chronicles 2? As a demo of sorts.

    I believe the physical version comes with an expansion pass code too.
    What kind of games do you like generally?

    I mean for me the best thing about this game is the ridiculously OTT JRPG storyline and characters, and the lengthy but fantastic cutscenes.
    I like exploration and combat with good tactical options. I don't really care about story or cutscenes.
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Jan 2019 13:57:49 25,116 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm at the start of Chapter 4 in my post-Switch-pinching re-run, it's much easier this time :)
    With Nia I managed to awaken Boreas and Ursula, I've started Vess' quest as well so should have her well covered for a while.
    With Rex I only have my starting blade, I should get Roc very shortly though.

    I have about 10 rare crystals (from the DLC), should I try and get Rex some other blades just now or keep them till later?
    Speaking of the DLC, should I take and use all the freebies now or save them for the actual DLC?
  • ghearoid 7 Jan 2019 14:30:11 3,169 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear

    You'll get another ATK core from the story soon so don't worry about Rex getting the right blades, he'll be taken care of.

    The extra items from the DLC have no use in Torna so use it all up now!
  • Armoured_Bear 7 Jan 2019 14:36:15 25,116 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ghearoid wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear

    You'll get another ATK core from the story soon so don't worry about Rex getting the right blades, he'll be taken care of.

    The extra items from the DLC have no use in Torna so use it all up now!

    Thanks a bunch!
  • THFourteen 7 Jan 2019 14:57:01 50,591 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Got the Boxed copy of Torna for xmas.... been putting off starting it as i don't want to finish it if that makes sense :-)
  • pogomeister 7 Jan 2019 15:27:39 1,650 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Does the boxed copy come with the extra stuff for base game
  • ghearoid 7 Jan 2019 15:28:47 3,169 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @pogomeister

    Yes, you get a little scratch card with a code you redeem on the eShop.
  • Singularity 7 Jan 2019 16:04:35 2,987 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Got the Boxed copy of Torna for xmas.... been putting off starting it as i don't want to finish it if that makes sense :-)
    I'm completely with you on that. I'm half way through and have stopped to avoid it finishing.
  • THFourteen 11 Jan 2019 11:13:00 50,591 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Singularity wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Got the Boxed copy of Torna for xmas.... been putting off starting it as i don't want to finish it if that makes sense :-)
    I'm completely with you on that. I'm half way through and have stopped to avoid it finishing.
    Kicked it off this morning finally. Only played 30mins on the train but it's like meeting an old friend. Can't believe it was a year ago i played this last. Thought i wouldn't remember how to play but all came back to me.

    Interesting new mechanic of vanguard swapping thing.

    Hopefully the story isn't rubbish, i am not a fan of prequels where you ultimately know the ending.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jan 2019 12:03:51 25,116 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm gradually getting closer to where I was before my Switch was stolen IIRC, about to get Poppi's 2nd form

    At the moment I have
    Rex - Roc and Wulfric
    Nia - Vess and Ursula (also have Boreas but would be 2x wind)
    Tora - OG Poppi

    I think I'll wait for Morag to try and get some decent blades for her, I can see me using her instead of Tora but doubt I'll stop using Rex or Nia.


    Thoughts?

    Edited by Armoured_Bear at 12:08:46 11-01-2019
  • Mola_Ram 11 Jan 2019 12:17:25 19,080 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My final team had Rex on attack/heal duties, Tora tanking with the poppis, and Zeke on straight attack with a rifle Blade focus. A clean spread of elements, roles and break/topple/launch/smash capabilities.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jan 2019 12:56:47 25,116 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    My final team had Rex on attack/heal duties, Tora tanking with the poppis, and Zeke on straight attack with a rifle Blade focus. A clean spread of elements, roles and break/topple/launch/smash capabilities.
    Interesting, so far I find Zeke annoying but maybe heíll grow on me
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 11 Jan 2019 13:06:34 3,347 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Did anyone here buy the physical Torna? I don't have a Switch yet but I am considering grabbing this sooner rather than later as not sure it will stick around (and I already have the XB2 LE waiting). My main question is whether the 'season pass' digital code with it has an expiry date as I assume I cannot just add to my Nintendo account on a PC?
  • ghearoid 11 Jan 2019 13:28:05 3,169 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear

    I had Rex as attacker with Pyra, Agate and Roc giving me topple, launch and smash.

    Nia as healer had Dromarch with break and whatever elemental blade I needed for chain attacks and orb bursting

    Tora was tank with his Poppis.

    I experimented a bit more after I completed the main story, but I still preferred the default roles.
  • Ror 11 Jan 2019 13:32:39 18,022 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @One_Vurfed_Gwrx No date that I can see anywhere on the scratch card.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 11 Jan 2019 20:58:40 3,347 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    @One_Vurfed_Gwrx No date that I can see anywhere on the scratch card.
    Thanks.
  • Mola_Ram 11 Jan 2019 21:51:09 19,080 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    My final team had Rex on attack/heal duties, Tora tanking with the poppis, and Zeke on straight attack with a rifle Blade focus. A clean spread of elements, roles and break/topple/launch/smash capabilities.
    Interesting, so far I find Zeke annoying but maybe heíll grow on me
    I don't really care about his personality, he just fit in my team the best. Morag is a decent tank, but (imo) Tora is better, at least if you get enough good stuff from his minigame. Nia is a good healer, but eventually you get a Blade that is good enough to manage healing all on its own and (imo) you don't need her.

    So yeah, Zeke was the natural choice.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Jan 2019 01:15:07 25,116 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    My final team had Rex on attack/heal duties, Tora tanking with the poppis, and Zeke on straight attack with a rifle Blade focus. A clean spread of elements, roles and break/topple/launch/smash capabilities.
    Interesting, so far I find Zeke annoying but maybe heíll grow on me
    I don't really care about his personality, he just fit in my team the best. Morag is a decent tank, but (imo) Tora is better, at least if you get enough good stuff from his minigame. Nia is a good healer, but eventually you get a Blade that is good enough to manage healing all on its own and (imo) you don't need her.

    So yeah, Zeke was the natural choice.
    Fair enough.
    With the DLC Iíll be able to upgrade Tora loads...
  • ChiefGB 12 Jan 2019 01:56:57 9,916 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So hang on, if the physical forms comes with the pass can one split with someone who just wants the expansion, the other person inputting season pass code and getting everything?
  • ghearoid 12 Jan 2019 09:04:00 3,169 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @ChiefGB

    The physical edition of Torna's expansion pass code is just for items, side quests, battle mode etc in the main game. So you could give that to someone else if you're not interested in the main game, but they wouldn't get the Torna story as well.
  • Murbs 12 Jan 2019 09:41:53 24,125 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    My Switch tells me I havenít played this for over a year. Really ought to get back to it but want to finish Octopath first...
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.