Following Ghost of Tsushima Page 48

• Dombat 29 Jul 2020 09:28:13 1,778 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I quite like that the enemies' peripheral vision seems to be better in this than most games, where they're typically completely blind outside of a 90 degree cone in front of them.
  • DUFFMAN5 29 Jul 2020 09:46:35 26,034 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm making super slow progress with this game. Still on Act I with loads of the map still "clouded over" the world is deceptively large, as in when I zoom on the map screen it is not huge like AC or DA but there is so much to do.

I am enjoying putting an hour or so in here and there though. Unlocked 3 of the stances and 5 of the charm slots.

I did at least just complete the Mother's Peace so getting things done.
  • Dazimus 29 Jul 2020 09:59:39 1,286 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Has anybody came across the tent “glitch”? If you run into a tent, regardless of someone seeing you go in there, they’ll suddenly stand still and wonder where you’ve gone. Listening to a podcast where they said it was really immersion-breaking but also that four patches had been released since they recorded the podcast and that it could’ve been fixed now.
  • Rodderz 29 Jul 2020 10:06:14 4,170 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The stealth in this is quality, though I do prefer a good scrap! The shoji assassinations are sweet; throw a bell to attract an enemy as you wait behind a screen and then boom, sword straight through the screen and into the spleen, or something like that 😁

Assassinations from height are funky too, the way Jin drops down and plants his sword vertically into an enemy... nasty. Even better if you upgrade the assassination tree and can then rampage through three enemies without breaking a sweat.

There's a strong imprint of classic Tenchu in this game, moreso than Sekiro I'd say, and I love it.
  • creepiest-lizard 29 Jul 2020 10:06:36 1,403 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I haven't come across it yet. Actually, after about 30 hours or so I've been pretty glitch free, so far.
    I think I enjoy the Tales more than the main story.
  • Mark1412 29 Jul 2020 10:13:38 1,761 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The only glitch I've seen was after I'd fast-travelled in Act 3, every time I whistled for my horse I turned around and it was dead - each time I whistled it just got closer. As far as bugs go, it was quite disturbing. Fixed with a restart and I've had nothing else in about 30 hours, too. I've paused the main quest and done some of the character side missions, which have been much better than most open-wide side stuff. Telling a story over several missions is a much better way of getting you invested in missions away from the main quest. Also made an archer "build" and that is great fun to play.
  • wuntyate 29 Jul 2020 10:24:40 14,937 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Indeed. I do like the stealth. Love mixing it up with some stealth then going full on samurai when I'm seen. I can honestly say this is probably the most enjoyable and beautiful game I've played in a long time. I thought the novelty would have worn off by now but it really hasn't. Every area and every encounter is a joy.

And yes, that castle mission near the start of act 2 is superb.

Got the Kenshi armour now and upgraded it a bit. I look mental. But cool.
  • Rodderz 29 Jul 2020 10:27:42 4,170 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Mark1412 wrote:
    The only glitch I've seen was after I'd fast-travelled in Act 3, every time I whistled for my horse I turned around and it was dead - each time I whistled it just got closer. As far as bugs go, it was quite disturbing.
    That actually sounds hilarious. The only bug I've come across was one of those Mongol wagons, the ones guarded by about 3 or 4 enemies, was clipping into a cliff side and was quite far off the ground too, so I couldn't even reach it to collect the items inside.
  • Graxlar_v3 29 Jul 2020 10:30:02 10,218 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My play time on this the last few days has slowed considerably. I am still enjoying it but i find myself turning off mid mission which is something I didn’t do last week.
  • Rodderz 29 Jul 2020 10:34:04 4,170 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Even though this game is super colourful, I've rather enjoyed taking photos in b&w or the filters that have b&w with a dash of colour.

Pics: https://m.imgur.com/a/AHviOhh

I think taking pics accounted for half my playtime in Act 1 😁.
  • Switch024 29 Jul 2020 11:08:57 3,907 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've only had the one glitch but it was a pretty funny one. Lost all control over Nobu who decided to gallop around like a nutjob charging through a village crashing into everything. I wasn't able to dismount and could only fix it by restarting from the last checkpoint.
  • quadfather 29 Jul 2020 12:40:35 36,734 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    Even though this game is super colourful, I've rather enjoyed taking photos in b&w or the filters that have b&w with a dash of colour.

Pics: https://m.imgur.com/a/AHviOhh

I think taking pics accounted for half my playtime in Act 1 😁.
    Some cracking pics there!
  • Mark1412 29 Jul 2020 23:56:15 1,761 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This has such a good final hour or so. I think a sequel, refining a few of the dated and clunky parts and building on the strengths of this one, with the power of PS5, could be seriously brilliant. On the whole this one was really, really good with some outstanding moments.
  • ZuluHero 30 Jul 2020 09:10:38 8,926 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    A few more hours spent in camera mode vs about 20 mins of actual playing :p

Full album here: https://imgur.com/a/qfsShTk

Edited by ZuluHero at 09:12:17 30-07-2020
  • Rodderz 30 Jul 2020 11:23:58 4,170 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @ZuluHero

Heh! I know the feeling... I like the golden bird pic 😁

I'm finally digging into Act 2 and really liking the new area (as a quick aside, the map is deceptively huge in this game), it just looks and feels so different to the first part of Tsushima; it's more flat, in places less colourful but still beautiful, it feels more wild, it's regularly stormy and misty, so much so that at times it has an ethereal quality to it. It's going to be hard not to slow down to take more pictures here!
  • Switch024 30 Jul 2020 11:31:37 3,907 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've tried to get my head down and crack on in Act 2 otherwise I'll be playing this for the rest of the year. It really is deceptively huge, took me ages to travel across the map to get to the quest I wanted to do and that quest then turned into 3 quests that took a couple of hours.

I'm still loving every minute, you're always rewarded with something whenever you take a moment to explore. There's probably a few too many fox dens but I love all the different sword kits you get from the Pillars of Honour, the little tune that plays when you find one is excellent.
  • Rusty_M 30 Jul 2020 17:14:17 7,165 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The only real glitch I've seen is twice having to end the suffering of an enemy I've decapitated. It's quite funny seeing them crawl along with no head.
  • robc84 30 Jul 2020 21:08:01 14,507 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just watching the opening cinematic and I get the message ‘your PS4 is too hot and needs to turn off’. Never seen that before. Not a great start...
  • ZuluHero 30 Jul 2020 21:10:47 8,926 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeouch. Put it in the freezer!

(not really)

Edited by ZuluHero at 21:11:19 30-07-2020
  • robc84 30 Jul 2020 21:56:22 14,507 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seems ok now. Just been pushed off the bridge.

Coming to terms with the combat a little. Strange not locking on, I guess that’s an old souls habit.
  • Switch024 30 Jul 2020 23:55:53 3,907 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Still taking too many pictures. Quite like this one.

Few more here.

https://imgur.com/a/LvR9h3n
  • Frogofdoom 31 Jul 2020 06:05:50 16,587 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @robc84 might be worth checking the sides of your ps4 to check the vents dont have fluff in them.
  • robc84 31 Jul 2020 06:38:57 14,507 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Frogofdoom

Yeah did that already. I think it helped.
  • DUFFMAN5 31 Jul 2020 08:28:06 26,034 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    Just watching the opening cinematic and I get the message ‘your PS4 is too hot and needs to turn off’. Never seen that before. Not a great start...
    ? Also never seen this. Hopefully sorted now mate.
    I managed to put a good hour in this morning got some new armour...which I do not feel is as good as the one I'm wearing (albeit I have upgraded it) and looking at the stats it is not.
    Don't want to give anything away but it is (was) very early on in the game.

I have also unlocked the parry spears perk which is a godsend.
  • robc84 31 Jul 2020 08:37:31 14,507 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Yes was very strange. Turned it off for 5 minutes, cleaned out a little fluff and then played for an hour without any issues.

Fans weren’t actually too bad. Better than RDR anyway
  • creepiest-lizard 31 Jul 2020 08:48:34 1,403 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well, I finished it and it was pretty good. They really didn't bother with any lengthy cutscenes at the end, did they?
  • neems 31 Jul 2020 10:02:39 4,861 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I hope they do an upgrade for PS5, at the rate I'm going I'll still be playing this when it launches.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 31 Jul 2020 15:58:08 8,991 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Finally out of Act 1. Sadly, there's no way to view playtime in this that I know of, but it must be at least 15 hours or so. Starting to get slightly fatigued on it.
  • DUFFMAN5 31 Jul 2020 16:03:20 26,034 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Rogueywon
    Agree re in game timers. I love games that give a total breakdown of stats. At the very least an in game timer would be nice.

Did you clear the whole area? I still seem to have loads to do

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 16:04:44 31-07-2020
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 31 Jul 2020 16:09:37 8,991 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @Rogueywon
    Agree re in game timers. I love games that give a total breakdown of stats. At the very least an in game timer would be nice.

Did you clear the whole area? I still seem to have loads to do
    I've uncovered most, but not all, of the fog on the map in the act 1 area. I'm pretty sure I'd cleared all fox dens, shrines, bamboo etc, as I had no guiding wind markers left for them. And I'd done all of the marked quests - though before I quit just now, I think I saw that some more had popped up.

The traveller's attire thing in this bugs me - having to switch gear every time I go in/out of any significant combat is annoying. I don't get why they couldn't have rolled the bonuses it gives you into passive skills you can level up, with a toggle to switch the "artifact near" vibration on and off.

Edited by Rogueywon at 16:09:56 31-07-2020

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.