Following Ghost of Tsushima Page 50

• LegendaryApe 1 Aug 2020 17:19:06 2,063 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Dunno if it helps but you can flick between the different looks in the armour setting. Had the standard samurai armour look for ages as I didn't like the shoulder guards when it's upgraded.
    Great thanks
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 1 Aug 2020 22:17:00 9,005 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've made a very serious dent in Act 2 today. Cleared most of the missions in the bottom half of the map and just unlocked Ghost Stance. The mission that unlocks that really doesn't take any prisoners.
  • Rodderz 1 Aug 2020 22:21:08 4,172 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    I've made a very serious dent in Act 2 today. Cleared most of the missions in the bottom half of the map and just unlocked Ghost Stance. The mission that unlocks that really doesn't take any prisoners.
    I've just this moment finished that mission you mention there Roguey. That was pretty funky, I sliced my way through those fools. I got the Dance of Wrath technique earlier too.
  • Graxlar_v3 2 Aug 2020 11:08:02 10,221 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Done all the tales & got all the armours, have bought all the abilities and havenít done the first proper mission in act 3. I guess there is no point in doing any more of the liberating camp stuff
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 2 Aug 2020 11:36:06 25,616 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Loving the 6 blades mission.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 2 Aug 2020 11:41:42 9,005 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    I've just this moment finished that mission you mention there Roguey. That was pretty funky, I sliced my way through those fools. I got the Dance of Wrath technique earlier too.
    For my recent co-op gaming, we've gone back through the history of the Total War series to Shogun 2 (having burned out on Three Kingdoms). Most of that mission felt like doing one of TW:S2's defensive siege battles from down at eye-level. That's a good thing, btw.

I think I'm once again out of kilter with the critical consensus on this. By and large, reviewers seem to have loved the combat and the visuals, but been down on the characters and story. I think the combat is only "fairly good" (it gets quite shallow quite fast) and think the visuals lean too heavily on overlaying some janky characters and environments with funky lighting filters, but I'm really sold on the story. Some of the side-story tales are really good... particularly the Sensei Isikawa ones (the Lady Masako ones are also decent).
  • sid92 2 Aug 2020 13:52:28 3,555 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finished last night just cleaned up some stuff for Platinum as well.

Really enjoyed it, thought the ending was great as well.

Still canít believe EG didnít even give it a recommended. 8.5/10 for me.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 2 Aug 2020 14:07:58 9,005 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @sid92 That's more or less the score I'm leaning to. EG definitely went too harsh on this one.

Edited by Rogueywon at 14:08:09 02-08-2020
  • Rodderz 2 Aug 2020 21:32:59 4,172 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Loving the 6 blades mission.
    I've been doing the 6 blades mission this evening and it has indeed been excellent. However, I'm at the point of facing off against Kojiro and he's full on majorly kicking my arse /o\.
  • wuntyate 2 Aug 2020 22:04:12 14,940 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah i did that a couple of days ago. Its awesome.
  • robc84 2 Aug 2020 22:39:30 14,510 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Few missions in now and starting to find my groove.

Iím liking Jin, especially how you can see the pain itís causing him to break his code and fight dirty. You feel the ethical struggle he has with it.
  • Rodderz 2 Aug 2020 22:47:52 4,172 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Finally killed the swine at the end of the 6 blades mission. I enjoyed that, it was a rather tense battle. I finished him with a Dance of Wrath strike, so satisfying!
  • creepiest-lizard 2 Aug 2020 22:51:10 1,403 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some of the duels are actually a bit tricky. That side step stab move is a lifesaver.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 2 Aug 2020 22:53:22 9,005 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    One complaint about this (not unique to this game)... the sound it makes when you get hit by a flashbang is an absolute fucker for setting off my tinnitus. That'll explain why it's been so bad for the last week or so.

I really, really wish they'd give you an accessibility option to turn those high-pitched buzzes off.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 2 Aug 2020 22:54:35 25,616 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I've been tempted to knock it down from hard for a few of them but I've manged to squeeze through them all so far. The waves on was the last one I did and it took me a good few tries.
  • Lexmeister 2 Aug 2020 23:58:21 59 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ah jeez... The Art of Seeing in Ghosts of the Past... what a kick in feelbags
  • Trafford 3 Aug 2020 09:51:45 8,579 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Rodderz wrote:
    For my recent co-op gaming, we've gone back through the history of the Total War series to Shogun 2 (having burned out on Three Kingdoms). Most of that mission felt like doing one of TW:S2's defensive siege battles from down at eye-level. That's a good thing.
    I've just done that mission and yes as an ex Shogun TW player it was a total rush.
    Nice reward at the end also. Love that feeling after a battle, calmness.
  • JoelStinty 3 Aug 2020 18:45:41 8,927 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Unlocked the Grapple Hook and now doing the first mission with it. Game after its initial first hour isn't totally gripping me yet. Its nice, but I'm quite content sticking it on for a mission and leaving it as that. I don't know whether its means I'm not totally taken with it, or just happy playing it in small bursts.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 3 Aug 2020 20:18:49 9,005 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just put another couple of hours into act 2. I've been working fairly methodically up the map, south to north, in this act and it has felt a bit less disjointed than act 1 did. The southern two-thirds of the map are pretty much complete now, though there's still some dense icon-spam to the north of me.
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Aug 2020 10:51:27 26,042 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    2 days since last post! people must be completing ;)

I have finished Act 1 and it was epic. I think this may be my fav PS exclusive along with HZD. Absolutely brilliant. I have almost defogged all of the first area, moving on from that now, but assuming I am allowed I will return to mop up any remaining ?

The game and world is stunning, it just seems to get everything right. I "knew" SP could deliver being a huge fan of the Infamous series and so happy for them, that they are getting almost universal praise.

I wonder what it is that Sony overall gets so right with their exclusives compared to Xbox (and Nintendo of course, but I do not play it) I mean Xbox/MS owns some quality developers ?

I am a huge Xbox fan and love it and spend 80% of my gaming time on the machines but I am savvy enough to own all the playstations as well as they are the main go to for great single player campaign exclusives.

Anyway back to Ghost, it is a masterclass in action adventure-rpgstyle progression, open world traversal.
  • Broker 5 Aug 2020 11:01:42 3,910 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I always get burnt out on open world games these days so I'm taking a break. I'm keen to get back to it which is good but I could feel it getting repetitive which shouldn't be the case if I take my time with it. I have missed petting foxes.
  • robc84 5 Aug 2020 11:02:37 14,510 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Still really early on myself but I'm definitely getting the combat now and the stealth is quite fun just to thin out the crowds a bit.

Should I be treating this as an RPG in terms of upgrades / technique points? Or is there enough as you go through to unlock everything?
  • Psiloc 5 Aug 2020 12:20:35 5,532 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I thought I was having a rocky start with this game, then the next thing I knew it was 3AM
  • Rodderz 5 Aug 2020 22:10:07 4,172 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @robc84

robc84 wrote:
    Still really early on myself but I'm definitely getting the combat now and the stealth is quite fun just to thin out the crowds a bit.

Should I be treating this as an RPG in terms of upgrades / technique points? Or is there enough as you go through to unlock everything?
    Hey Rob, to answer your question I'm still working through Act 2 and have almost unlocked all the upgrades you can get now, so I'd say it's best to just pick what you want as you go along!

I've found one of the most helpful skills from early on is the standoff skill tree, whereby you can eventually kill upto 3 enemies in those scenarios. Bombs, either black powder or sticky, are handy for larger mobs. Sprint strike is useful for rushing archers or those close to death and finishing then quickly, and the ability to parry swords/spears from the deflection tree can be very helpful.
  • robc84 5 Aug 2020 22:26:50 14,510 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Rodderz

So pretty much everything then ;)

Iíve got the second standoff kill which is helpful and just unlocked the block arrows technique tonight. Taking out larger mobs pretty well now.
  • neems 5 Aug 2020 22:29:44 4,861 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Combined with a certain armour set, it is possible to kill 5 people in stand-off.
  • Rodderz 5 Aug 2020 22:51:50 4,172 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    neems wrote:
    Combined with a certain armour set, it is possible to kill 5 people in stand-off.
    😲 Oh my, really!? I'm using the Kensei armour at the moment, it has some great resolve gains.
  • AddyB- 6 Aug 2020 01:24:11 783 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Onto what looks like the last mission on act 3. Im so close!
  • Jono62 6 Aug 2020 09:12:47 25,366 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    AddyB- wrote:
    Onto what looks like the last mission on act 3. Im so close!
    /southpark.gif
  • chopsen 6 Aug 2020 09:32:44 21,045 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Wait, there's a *3rd* act?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.