Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @monkman76

:) Thank you
  • Tomo 16 May 2020 09:18:58 17,702 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    Apparently I'm too stupid to get timezones, so this starts in ten minutes.

Oof. Unless the reviews saying this is the second coming, not sure I'm going to bother after watching that. Still haven't finished BotW or RDR2 and it reminded me of both. Doesn't look like a bad game at all, but I'm jaded and with Cyberpunk out this year too I only have so much enthusiasm for these games.
  • the_milkybar_kid 16 May 2020 09:52:30 8,256 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got the same Witcher 3 vibes from it. Wit her 3 is one of my all timers, but with still playing it on the Switch, thisnis just wrong place, wrong time. Never been into the ancient Japan setting in games either. One things for sure though, its absolutely gorgeous.

I hope it does well all the same, not like theres a mass of games coming out.

Edited by the_milkybar_kid at 09:56:22 16-05-2020
  • Navi 16 May 2020 10:42:23 347 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yeah, I loved Infamous 2, Second son and First light (didn't help the reputation that the first one was deeply average though).

This looks really good, but I do understand the apprehension about the Assassin's Creedyness of the gameplay, it does have that feel. At least it feels more like Origins/Odyssey, which were fine, but I'm hoping this will be more than just fine and they'll be some real depth to the combat and story.
  • beastmaster 16 May 2020 10:51:22 20,704 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Given the choice. Assassinís Creed: Valhalla or this?
  • waggy79 16 May 2020 11:14:38 2,258 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    For me this all day. I enjoy the AC games but they often feel like updates where the settings change but the core gameplay 'feel' is the same. This will at least feel different in mechanics and the setting appeals more to me. Combat also looks to have a bit more weight.
  • DUFFMAN5 16 May 2020 11:26:28 25,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    I'm going to go with AC. I plan on getting both, but if just 1, AC. Love the series and Uni bloat albeit Odyssey is a bit too much on that front. I know you do not need to do everything but you kind of do!?
  • erasr 16 May 2020 11:35:47 431 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Second Son is in my top 5 PS4 games, easily. I loved it and they captured the superhero feel perfectly.

I anticipate that Ghosts will make you feel powerful in a similar way. They are good at that.
  • mothercruncher 16 May 2020 11:38:25 17,746 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I would t chose yet another Ubisoft re-skin over this personally- at least here you might be getting something different.
    That said, yep, feudal Japan as a setting never seems to do it for me. Itís going to have to get rave reviews in order for me to buy it.
  • Frogofdoom 16 May 2020 11:52:05 16,433 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 much less bloat in the new one apparently. It's a much smaller scale.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 11:57:25 16-05-2020
  • DUFFMAN5 16 May 2020 12:51:39 25,868 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Frogofdoom
    Hi mate. I did read that. I think it is still going to be a behemoth though, which I like. Origins was about the sweet spot.

How are things with you and missus re work, fingers crossed.
  • Ror 16 May 2020 12:52:36 20,096 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'll be getting Valhalla at launch, because VIKINGS and I can get on my longboat and blast out some Amon Amarth and there'll probably be axe-throw stealth kills.

Tsushima I will pick up at some point though.
  • Mr_Sleep 16 May 2020 13:35:50 23,340 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    I would t chose yet another Ubisoft re-skin over this personally- at least here you might be getting something different.
    That said, yep, feudal Japan as a setting never seems to do it for me. Itís going to have to get rave reviews in order for me to buy it.
    Interesting. I find the opposite, I really enjoy Kurosawa and the more modern Samurai films, be they violent or more contemplative. If it comes with a similar atmosphere I am all in.

Sekiro got so much right in this regard and I forgave that some of its faults for the wonderful realisation of the world.
  • Tomo 16 May 2020 13:53:39 17,702 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Probably this. I tried Origins for a few hours. Looked stunning but it was so bland. Ass is not for me.
  • Frogofdoom 16 May 2020 13:55:25 16,433 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 still the same as before mate. Not looking too promising for the future and the jobs market is pretty quiet in our fields at the moment. Hoping it picks up a little in the next few months.
  • Scimarad 16 May 2020 14:03:24 9,731 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Despite being initially enthusiastic about Valhalla because I like Odyssey I'm guessing I might prefer this. I think I prefer the idea of repelling an invasions (or failing to!) over perpetrating one.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 16 May 2020 14:10:36 2,765 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    For me it isn't about the ass itself, but rather where and when the ass is.

I mean...
    I think I mean these open world games are all the fucking same to me anyway, so it's all about the era and world itself rather than the gameplay - so I'm all over this one, despite it not even being ass - but, to be honest, the way I first worded it is making me ask myself some pretty fundamentally serious questions.
  • Razz 16 May 2020 14:34:06 715 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Assassin Creed games are too narrative heavy for my tastes, just give me a sandbox to muck about in and I'm happy
  • Scimarad 16 May 2020 14:37:38 9,731 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm inclined to agree.
  • Syrette 16 May 2020 17:29:06 50,598 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm the opposite, I need some direction to keep my attention.
  • mothercruncher 16 May 2020 18:00:31 17,746 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Iím hundred percent an ASS man, but, having dipped into all the ass and got the general thrust back and forth, I only actually ďfinishedí on ASS 2 and Black Flag ASS. In fact, I was so good at pounding through those two ASSES I got awarded a trophy for each by Roger Sony.
  • JamboWayOh 16 May 2020 18:47:40 19,356 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So you're a LEG man is what you're telling us?
  • Cadence 16 May 2020 19:13:36 2,481 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @mothercruncher this made me laugh way too hard.

Edited by Cadence at 19:13:47 16-05-2020
  • DjFlex52 16 May 2020 22:26:18 328 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    DjFlex52 wrote:
    My question was in reference to noticing that any time anyone criticizes any Sony exclusive you are first to defend said game.
    Thatís your confirmation bias Iím afraid. Iím plenty critical of Sony stuff too, and I donít like everything they put out.

I do like a chunk of it though, which is why I favour the platform this gen to spend my time with, strange as that may seem.
    No bias here. You not liking a Sony exclusive game is like Trump telling the truth. A rare occurrence! :D

Edited by DjFlex52 at 22:26:55 16-05-2020
  • Derblington 17 May 2020 00:12:45 33,149 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It really is though, unless you want to prove all these ďfirst to defendĒ posts that youíre claiming? Itís a little harder to find posts about me slating the Sony games I donít like as I tend to avoid playing games I know I donít like in the first place, though HZD is a recent one that I wasnít particularly fond of despite thinking Iíd love it. I do like a lot of their exclusive stuff. Iím hardly alone in that. They have a pretty solid rep for providing good 1st party titles.
    I didnít even ďdefendĒ the Infamous games, I literally just said I liked them. I didnít claim anyone was wrong, just stated an opinion - about two heavily related Sony franchises, in a thread about one of them - in conversation.

Youíve had a bee in your bonnet about me being a ďSony fanboyĒ for a while because I donít like the XOne much, and every so often you see a post that confirms your bias, like the one here, and you spout your waffle over again. Iím sorry that I donít like the XOne very much. I donít really know what else to say? Weirdly, just because you accuse me of something doesnít make it true.

Iíve tried to explain to you that I donít favour Sony over MS, I simply favour the PS4 over the XOne (and as a result transitioning to digital purchases this gen I am likely to purchase the PS5). You could look at my gaming history if you chose - my PSN and Gamertag are the same as my account name here - and youíd see that I played about 10 games on the PS3 versus, Iíd guess at, hundreds on the X360 But you wonít do that as it wouldnít favour your weird argument.

The original Xbox became my platform of choice over the PS2 once it launched too. But, following your daft Trump analogy, apparently my easily verifiable gaming history is fake news.

Edited by Derblington at 00:33:14 17-05-2020
  • Armoured_Bear 17 May 2020 00:37:08 28,823 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    It really is though, unless you want to prove all these ďfirst to defendĒ posts that youíre claiming? Itís a little harder to find posts about me slating the Sony games I donít like as I tend to avoid playing games I know I donít like in the first place, though HZD is a recent one that I wasnít particularly fond of despite thinking Iíd love it. I do like a lot of their exclusive stuff. Iím hardly alone in that. They have a pretty solid rep for providing good 1st party titles.
    I didnít even ďdefendĒ the Infamous games, I literally just said I liked them. I didnít claim anyone was wrong, just stated an opinion - about two heavily related Sony franchises, in a thread about one of them - in conversation.

Youíve had a bee in your bonnet about me being a ďSony fanboyĒ for a while because I donít like the XOne much, and every so often you see a post that confirms your bias, like the one here, and you spout your waffle over again. Iím sorry that I donít like the XOne very much. I donít really know what else to say? Weirdly, just because you accuse me of something doesnít make it true.

Iíve tried to explain to you that I donít favour Sony over MS, I simply favour the PS4 over the XOne (and as a result transitioning to digital purchases this gen I am likely to purchase the PS5). You could look at my gaming history if you chose - my PSN and Gamertag are the same as my account name here - and youíd see that I played about 10 games on the PS3 versus, Iíd guess at, hundreds on the X360 But you wonít do that as it wouldnít favour your weird argument.

The original Xbox became my platform of choice over the PS2 once it launched too. But, following your daft Trump analogy, apparently my easily verifiable gaming history is fake news.
    I would just ignore him, he's a waste of your time.
  • Ror 17 May 2020 00:44:02 20,096 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a preference - most of us do. That doesn't make someone a fanboy.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 17 May 2020 00:52:44 24,942 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If you don't change your preference based on which one is clearly better you're definitely a fanboy though. See everyone who's preference is xbox this gen.

Signed someone who used to prefer xbox.
  • neilka 17 May 2020 01:06:53 23,345 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It's all fine as long as everyone can laugh at the Switch.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.