Following Ghost of Tsushima Page 7

• DUFFMAN5 17 May 2020 07:38:38 25,868 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Well I am almost unashamedly an Xbox "fan boy/old geezer" right from original Xbox, due in no small measure to my obsession with Gears, well that and I enjoy the online and social interaction on Xbox way above Sony.

But even I can see that Sony kicks Xbox arse ALL over the place when it comes to exclusive titles and looking at GoT I would think they and we (Sony owners) get another highly polished and wonderful game. This along with TLoU2 means I will hardly be off the ps4 for months...albeit I will be playing Gears daily of course.
  • IronGiant 17 May 2020 08:55:04 6,092 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    If you don't change your preference based on which one is clearly better you're definitely a fanboy though. See everyone who's preference is xbox this gen.

Signed someone who used to prefer xbox.
    Better is subjective though, Iíve got PS4 and X1X.. the X is clearly more powerful but i hardly use it. Iíve got a huge backlog of PSVR games to get through and keep nibbling away at GoW, Spiderman and Days Gone. My kids take up so much of my time so my gaming is split between the Switch with my lad and the odd hour here and there on the PS4. This will be the first gen I only buy one console, until a new Switch comes out ;)
  • Ror 17 May 2020 12:54:06 20,096 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Decks obviously meant games. Though even that's fairly subjective; if you prefer shooters, Xbox is probably better for you than Playstation. If you prefer big budget third person action adventure, Playstation is obviously better.

Simplifying things a bit, obvs, but they do each have their differing strengths. For me, how it feels to move the character around the world is one of the most important things, hence why I enjoyed stuff like ReCore, Ori, Crackdown 3, Sunset Overdrive etc more than most.
  • JamboWayOh 17 May 2020 13:48:40 19,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm more centred around the ecosystem than anything and xbox is my preferred one especially that's where all my friends are. I will say that the best single player experiences for me have been on the Playstation this generation.
  • Humperfunk 17 May 2020 14:11:15 8,155 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So how about that Ghost of Tsushima game eh?
  • Derblington 17 May 2020 14:12:38 33,149 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Social is an aspect, and the vast majority of people I know to either play or talk games with already were Sony or swapped this gen (were I still in the UK this would be different). I like plenty of games on both to justify either but Iím more inclined to leave Halo unplayed than the Naughty Dog games, or Spider-man. Thereís just more 1st party with Sony that I want to play, and the 3rd party is kind of irrelevant.

This coming generation will be the first that I donít buy all the consoles. Up until the PS4 I always played the majority of games on the most powerful machine, and kept the Sony console for their exclusives, but despite owning the X1X I find that I still play mostly on the PS4 now. The power advantage has become less of an appeal than having everything central, and Iíve got a bigger library/social group on PS4.

MS is definitely a better company to be a customer of from a support perspective, and I hope Sony do something along the Game Pass lines with PSNow in the future, but Iím fortunately in a position where I donít need to have my purchases subsidized, nice as it would be.

The major fault that MS made (for me) this gen was the dashboard interface, and early dev tools. It was such a ball-ache to use for quite a long time that it really put me off doing so. I wasnít ever interested in TVTVTV or Kinect, but they were much more intended for the US market generally anyway. I was onboard for the digital movement but they reversed it.

Ed: Yes, Ghost. Looks nice. I like the wind.

Edited by Derblington at 14:13:43 17-05-2020
  • beastmaster 17 May 2020 15:01:46 20,704 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    So how about that Ghost of Tsushima game eh?
    DF video is out regarding PS4 Pro.
  • JamboWayOh 17 May 2020 15:06:42 19,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hope it runs better than Days Gone on the base ps4, that ran like dog shit.
  • gooner77 17 May 2020 16:52:55 1,489 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Going to get some cheapo PSN credit and preorder this after TLOU2 is released
  • DjFlex52 21 May 2020 11:11:21 328 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Well I am almost unashamedly an Xbox "fan boy/old geezer" right from original Xbox, due in no small measure to my obsession with Gears, well that and I enjoy the online and social interaction on Xbox way above Sony.

But even I can see that Sony kicks Xbox arse ALL over the place when it comes to exclusive titles and looking at GoT I would think they and we (Sony owners) get another highly polished and wonderful game. This along with TLoU2 means I will hardly be off the ps4 for months...albeit I will be playing Gears daily of course.
    Thank you for your honesty. That's all I wanted Derblington to admit. He's a Sony fanboy but he keeps trying to feign this "I'm an objective gamer" vibe :)
  • Switch024 24 Jun 2020 17:22:56 3,746 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/23/ghost-of-tsushima-mastering-the-katana/

Really good article about the katana combat.
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Jun 2020 17:31:28 25,868 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Looking forward to this. My Xbox is getting very jealous with all my time on PS at the moment. Finished TLoU2 yesterday, started Terminator on ps4 today,(only 90 mins in but I like it so far) it was £8 cheaper than xbox! and then GoT in a few weeks. :)
  • DeadDeadpool 24 Jun 2020 17:33:10 48 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    This game could convince me to upgrade my PS4 to a Pro. I like what has been shown so far. The theme feels different.
  • wuntyate 24 Jun 2020 17:37:02 14,664 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Let me know what you think of Terminator. And make sure you ramp up the difficulty to the hardest. Even then it's too easy though! I loved it. Great little game, especially towards the end.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 24 Jun 2020 17:38:54 24,942 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Switch024 wrote:
    https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/23/ghost-of-tsushima-mastering-the-katana/

Really good article about the katana combat.
    Sounds like they've put a lot of thought into it anyway.

Looks very cool here https://youtu.be/fLnRMN5yvcw
  • Syrette 24 Jun 2020 17:41:54 50,598 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @DeadDeadpool

At this point why not just wait and get a PS5?
  • DeadDeadpool 24 Jun 2020 19:29:39 48 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 weeks ago
    Syrette wrote:
    @DeadDeadpool

At this point why not just wait and get a PS5?
    Many reasons.
    It never makes sense to buy the latest console the moment it is released. First of all there is price, high. Then there is the lack of software. Thirdly, it might make sense to wait a few years for them to release updated hardware that looks better and possibly use less electric, as they did with the PS3. With PS5 on the way, PS4 Pro price's are going to drop.
  • Derblington 24 Jun 2020 19:31:28 33,149 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Price will be high, Everything else can be mitigated though - PS4 library will fill any gaps, trade-in /sell for the mid-gen refresh, etc.

Edited by Derblington at 19:32:01 24-06-2020
  • IronGiant 29 Jun 2020 01:09:36 6,092 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Sure this has gone gold now, havenít started TLoU2 yet but Iíll definitely get this too.
  • ChiefGB 29 Jun 2020 13:55:30 12,492 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Although obviously a very different product, I do wonder if the technical aspects of the game may get caught in the shadow of lou2 a bit. Although itís rather similar to ac in some ways. Iím wishing for great things but I hope itís got enough freshness to it.
  • Trafford 29 Jun 2020 14:37:39 8,474 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Reviews are coming 14th of July, 3 days prior to release.

Not sure if this will be my next purchase, I really fancy Desperadoes 3 and should clear up a couple of the open world games in my backlog first.
  • Derblington 29 Jun 2020 17:34:42 33,149 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Iíve got it pre-ordered on the console already.
    From everything Iíve seen to date it looks like Iím gonna dig it, and Iíve got the time off from work, so it was really just a case of when anyway.
  • Bichii 29 Jun 2020 17:54:14 3,092 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It looks good and I love the setting but as I hate their previous games I'll wait on reviews for this one.
  • Phattso 29 Jun 2020 18:05:04 25,306 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I was quite excited for it until I saw the video of the devs running through it the other week. It looked so cookie-cutter, so predictable. I'm holding out for the setting and combat being the things that elevate it, because if that's all janky then it's basically just Ass Creed with a different skin.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 29 Jun 2020 18:07:33 24,942 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm quite optimistic about the combat after reading the thing above. I'll be picking it up if reviews OK, mainly down to the setting and the selection of hats.
  • creepiest-lizard 29 Jun 2020 18:07:35 1,340 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The setting really floats my boat and it looks graphically amazing but it does have a very generic Ubisofty look to its mechanics. Hopefully the sword combat will elevate it.
    I'll still get it day one though.
  • Switch024 29 Jun 2020 18:48:29 3,746 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Iím definitely getting it, Iíve been looking forward to it for ages, pretty much because of the setting. I really hope it doesnít turn out to be an Ubisoft clone, as much as I loved the opening to Origins a lot of that was the environment, the gameplay got old fast.
  • oldskooldeano 29 Jun 2020 19:16:27 3,008 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    That combat has a Bushido Blade vibe to it. My god that was a great game..
  • JoelStinty 30 Jun 2020 06:19:59 8,879 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Havenít decided yet. Itíll be either this or paper Mario which is out on the same day. Canít quite decide which one to get
  • DUFFMAN5 30 Jun 2020 07:37:54 25,868 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It is definitely my next purchase, really looking to it.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.