Buying Only 10 Games in 12 Months (2018) Page 75

• Phattso 12 Mar 2018 22:04:44 23,314 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Shall I put you in the hall of the fallen for March? :)
  • Phattso 13 Mar 2018 14:53:24 23,314 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    All hail the Great Spaghetti Monster! Blessťd be his noodly appendages:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-13-pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-release-delayed-a-month

I'm saved (for a month)! SAAAAAVEEEED! (for a month)
  • OnlyJoeKing 13 Mar 2018 15:09:51 593 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Phattso I'm up to 4 good sir, Nier:Automata for the old PS4 Pro.

And oh dear, I see that's the rocky road to the fall.

Everything is fine.
  • Phattso 13 Mar 2018 15:11:59 23,314 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Hope you like it, it's your last game until May if you wanna stay on track. :-D
  • OnlyJoeKing 13 Mar 2018 15:23:50 593 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's totally fine, this is all part of the grand plan.

/unhinged laughter

In all seriousness I still have Kingdom Come to get properly stuck into, had to put that on the back burner until me PC was working. Been really enjoying Nioh in the meantime, but it feels like I'm getting close to the end, and there's not much left to upgrade anymore (which I'm starting to suspect might be the real reason I get so hooked on some games), so wanted to line something up on the PS4...

Must confess though, didn't think I'd be on 4 mid-March!
  • Switch024 13 Mar 2018 15:26:08 2,669 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I see a few questionable names still on zero purchases.
  • 1Million_Tons_of_TNT 13 Mar 2018 16:15:26 69 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Today I packed away my PS3, along with my PS2 and Sega Saturn. Only the PS4 remains set up. I had a bash on Tomb Raider the Definitive version, as Iím 24% into it. After 20 minutes, I switched it off. I think Iím done with gaming. Decluttering, fewer wires, few machines in view felt good.

If I pack the PS4 away, only the TV, Amp, Blu-ray player, Turn-table, Speakers remain.
    2 years ago, I ditched the PC tower set up, with itís size and messy wires, and switched to laptop. I havenít looked back since.

Movies, music, internet. Iím done with gaming. Plans on obtaining a PS4-Pro + 4K TV have been dropped. VR wasnít something I was ever going to make the jump to.

The fact I didnít pick up Gran Turismo Sport signalled my gaming days were over. Over the past few years, Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain has been about the only game to hold my attention. 75% complete Iím done with it. I doubt anything like TPP will happen again.
  • Phattso 13 Mar 2018 16:26:43 23,314 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Shall I add you in on zero games then? See if you're the last dude in there come Christmas? :)
  • wuntyphyve 13 Mar 2018 16:30:48 10,451 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So... Right. I bought a wee SNES mini classic thing. Does that count? If so, does it count as one game or 21?

Edited by wuntyphyve at 16:39:23 13-03-2018
  • Phattso 13 Mar 2018 16:35:00 23,314 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The consensus on the SNES Mini was that it counts as one game, in the same way as buying the PS4 remastered Uncharted Trilogy would count as one.

Not sure what to do on the emulated game front, as I'm imagining the origin of the ROMs are a little on the dubious side. So I just wouldn't mention them on a public forum. :)
  • Chug666 13 Mar 2018 16:37:39 430 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Phattso I need to be bumped to the +1 list, picked up Dirt Rally to try out the VR. Everything else so far is pure backlog!
  • Phattso 13 Mar 2018 16:38:03 23,314 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nice work! Stay strong. :)
  • wuntyphyve 13 Mar 2018 16:41:59 10,451 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Phattso Sweet, pop me down for +1 then!

Also, I don't know what on earth you could possibly be referring to ;)
  • UncleLou Moderator 13 Mar 2018 17:04:08 39,525 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Chug666 let me hear how you get along, Iíve had few problems with VR so far, but Dirt makes me feel a tad queasy. Itís not too bad, but enough to keep me from playing it, at least on a subconscious level. :-/

Edited by UncleLou at 17:04:58 13-03-2018
  • PazJohnMitch 13 Mar 2018 17:22:09 13,521 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have not really been brave enough to try most VR games.

I am ok with stationary puzzlers like Tumble and Statik, shooting galleries like Superhot and London Heist, warp movement like Batman and Psychonauts and 3rd person like Tethered.

Anything that has 3D movement makes me nauseous. I do not think it is ĎVR legsí either as it is the exact same sensation as travel sickness which I also suffer from.
  • 1Million_Tons_of_TNT 13 Mar 2018 17:52:52 69 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Shall I add you in on zero games then? See if you're the last dude in there come Christmas? :)
    May as well. I've decided to pack the PS4 away.

Detroit: Become Human, think i'll watch a walk through on YouTube when it arrives :)
  • UncleLou Moderator 13 Mar 2018 17:54:03 39,525 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Phattso People buy games by the dozen and itís ok, but *I* get a separate category for buying DLC. Pah. :)

And if the uncharted triolgy is one game, what about Bayonetta? What if I buy an uncharted game separately?
  • Phattso 13 Mar 2018 18:14:08 23,314 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You're a dirty double dipper, you're getting what you deserve!

Definitely an argument for 'collections' counting as a single game. Maybe it comes down to how many discs/codes it ships with? Argue the case as they occur I guess. Or just keep schtum like Corporal ROM Thief up there. ;)
  • crashVoodoo 13 Mar 2018 18:17:41 5,834 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I think my current love affair with grim dawn and its many masteries/playthroughs is going to come good :-)

I'm on my third character because I can't decide which one I like best. Current is a kiting, plague hurling occultist.
  • Phattso 13 Mar 2018 20:49:23 23,314 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @UncleLou OK, after thinking long and hard about double-dipping, I'm going to say they don't count as an extra game. For most of us the challenge isn't about the cash, but the enjoyment, so I'm finally swayed by the argument that it might encourage one to play a given game some more. Even though I think that probably won't be the case for most. Benefit of the doubt and all that.

So, to everyone: if you've counted a double-dip (I'm thinking of you multi-platform Monster Hunters here, but I'm sure there's more) let me know and I'll move you down one. Or more if you're an habitual double-dipper.

Edited by Phattso at 21:02:30 13-03-2018
  • Phattso 13 Mar 2018 20:50:01 23,314 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    I think my current love affair with grim dawn and its many masteries/playthroughs is going to come good :-)
    I've come very close to reinstalling Diablo III on my PS4 actually. Great distraction tactic. :)
  • the_dudefather 13 Mar 2018 20:58:07 10,804 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Diablo 3 is bloody great on console, always tempting to roll another character...
  • monkman76 13 Mar 2018 21:02:29 12,852 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    @UncleLou OK, after thinking long and hard about double-dipping, I'm going to say they don't count as an extra game. For most of us the challenge isn't about the cash, but the enjoyment, so I'm finally swayed by the argument that it might encourage one to play a given game some more. Even though I think that probably won't be the case for most. Benefit of the doubt and all that.

So, to everyone: if you've counted a double-dip (I'm thinking of you multi-platform Monster Hunters here, but I'm sure there's more) let me know and I'll move you down one. Or more if your an habitual double-dipper.
    What's the game in dispute here?
  • UncleLou Moderator 13 Mar 2018 21:12:07 39,525 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @monkman76 I actually did double-dip on Darkest Dungeon (that's a lot of "d"s), but I meant Dirt (another D) in my tongue-in-cheek comment. Where I have the PC version, got the PS4 version from a mate for free, and bought the VR DLC.

But Phattso didn't really count that one, anyway, the big softie. :)

Edited by UncleLou at 21:14:23 13-03-2018
  • monkman76 13 Mar 2018 21:35:34 12,852 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aw ;)
  • DangerousDave_87 13 Mar 2018 21:46:52 4,669 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've officially pre-ordered Nintendo Labo: Variety Kit and Dark Souls on Switch. It's probably not worth counting them until they arrive (just in case I cancel them at any point).

I'll be quite chuffed if I make it to May with just 2 purchases.
  • Skirlasvoud 14 Mar 2018 11:49:28 3,785 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Phattso

RE: Into the Breach

Try the Frozen Titans squad Phattso! I'm 15 hours into this game and they're just SOOOO much fun!

The freezy artillery is brilliant. It will put both it and its target on ice, but if you park your artillery on top of a Vek spawn, or behind your tank - which shoots in both directions - you can de-ice the artillery the same turn.

Doesn't matter how strong the Vek was, even it's a boss it's completely removed from the game.

It takes some skill de-icing your artillery the same turn, but it's a blast. I've created entire maps of Vek Ice sculptures.

Brilliant little game!

Also... +1 game for me. :(
    LOOK AT WHAT YOU MADE ME DO!
  • Skirlasvoud 14 Mar 2018 12:32:53 3,785 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Recommend to everyone who takes enjoyment on having a sit and a good think.

POETRY IN MOTION!

Forgot to kill the spider leader, but you get the point...
  • Cappy 14 Mar 2018 12:49:56 13,834 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    This is like watching the slow decline of an empire, laws break down human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Of course double dipping counts, what is purchased is irrelevant, ten copies of FIFA 19 is ten purchases, that's your ten. We're counting products purchased not the titles themselves.

Which dovetails with compilation releases, they count as one product purchased because we're counting purchases not the games themselves. Otherwise to remain logically consistent you would have to count a SNES Mini as multiple games if you were going to count double dipping as just one.

BTW, cut another notch on my gun belt please, I'm up to three purchases now.
  • macmurphy 14 Mar 2018 12:56:17 3,100 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This thread makes me think of that new Lily Allen song:

Thatís why I canít hang with the cool gang
    Everyoneís a trigger bang, bang, bang, bang, bang
    Goodbye bad bones, Iíve got bigger plans
    Donít wanna put myself in your hands

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.