Buying Only 10 Games in 12 Months (2018) Page 12

• Phattso 2 Jan 2018 14:01:42 23,289 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Fuck it, he's right! In factwe should count an Indie game as 1/10th of a game, making it the 100 Game Indie Challenge instead. ;)

Dudes - you're either in it for the right reasons (extracting more from games/saving cash) or you don't want/need to be in it. If you're bending rules on Day Two it's probably not for you. Leave it to us pros.

\twitches at Steam sale...
  • the_dudefather 2 Jan 2018 14:05:52 10,804 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I would get Farcry 5 but there will be so many side-missions and things to find on the map it will probably count as at least 2 games in the list of 10
  • Phattso 2 Jan 2018 14:10:51 23,289 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Far Cry 5 was causing me some consternation, as I have a soft spot for the series... then I remember that I have The Witcher 3 + DLC, FC: Primal, AC: Oranges, Fallout 4, Shadow of War, and Dragon Age: Inquisition on the pile o' shame so I probably won't need another open worlder this year.

\twiches again

Edited by Phattso at 14:14:35 02-01-2018
  • Vortex808 2 Jan 2018 14:15:31 12,355 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yep. Ten aint going to be easy. I play so little these days that† I'll still be playing wolfenstein 2 in april.

Although, it has been fun, so it's more about getting time to use the tv to play. :(
  • crashVoodoo 2 Jan 2018 16:01:16 5,830 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    according to stats .... i have stuff to go at
  • erniewhatbert 2 Jan 2018 16:52:00 2,875 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    erniewhatbert wrote:

Proposed 2018 purchases so far:

Wargroove
    Hollow Knight
    Metroid Prime 4
    Bomber Crew
    Sociable Soccer

That's half the year's allocation already, gulp.
    Forgot about [Untitled Goose Game].
  • OnlyJoeKing 2 Jan 2018 17:50:26 586 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @TheLastJimBob no one's stopping you, Jim! For me it's about curbing an increasing out of control spending habit, spending more time playing games instead. But hey, if you want to go full abstinence, more power to you!
  • mothercruncher 2 Jan 2018 20:13:40 14,958 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I definitely bought less than 10 games last year, ďfreeĒ PSN ones aside. Iím rapidly running out of steam with the microtransaction rammed triple A shite of gaming of late.

~ peej
  • Murbs 2 Jan 2018 20:49:00 23,900 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    For me, the thrill of a new game is rapidly lost as I move on to the next big thing. Invariably it's then an effort to return to the previous one: a vicious cycle.

This is still going to make me exited about buying a game (probably more so), but will encourage me to stick at said game for far longer!
  • Murbs 2 Jan 2018 20:57:08 23,900 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So. 10 from the next 12 months.

New Fire Emblem (switch)
    Bayonetta 1/2 (switch)
    Valkyria Chronicles 4 (switch)
    Red dead 2 (PS4)
    Monster Hunter (PS4)

And a couple perhaps from this year :

Assassins Creed Origins (PS4)
    Uncharted Lost Legacy
  • DangerousDave_87 2 Jan 2018 21:31:21 4,617 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Phattso No rule bending here! I can't really afford to. :(
  • Technoishmatt 3 Jan 2018 19:58:31 2,587 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just came to report that I have not bought any games yet this year.

I did buy Civ VI for the ipad before Christmas (to get some gaming in while with the in-laws..) and can confirm I have played the shit out of it. Partially because waiting for the AI to do its turn after a few hundred turns takes so fukking long...

I think that between: PUBG continually being updated for Xbox / PC; a new season of Rainbow Six Siege (not sure if paying for the new operators counts as a game purchase.. but I probably have enough in-game cash stored up already); and the backlog of VR and Xbox games - I think I should be set... I also look forward to returning to some co-op Division and Wildlands (now in 4K!).

If there is a new Halo game I will definitely get that. RDR2 I can probably wait - unless there is a multiplayer component that is better to do from the off, and I am going to wait and see on Anthem.
  • JiveHound 3 Jan 2018 22:49:51 9,500 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Phattso

Can you sign me up good chap? I think my request got lost amongst the excuses.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2018 09:19:02
    JiveHound wrote:
    @Phattso

Can you sign me up good chap? I think my request got lost amongst the excuses.
    +1
  • UncleLou Moderator 4 Jan 2018 09:40:27 39,494 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ok, sign me up as well, Phattso.

I will say though that I kickstarted and therefore bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance half a century ago and will *not* let its release in a few weeks count.

Also, Monster Hunter: World only counts once even if I buy it twice.

Damn you you all to hell.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2018 09:54:55
    Still not bought any games. Go me.
  • DangerousDave_87 4 Jan 2018 09:56:38 4,617 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I await somebody buying that Street Fighter collection and trying to claim its not 12 games bundled together.

Instant fail. :D
  • Deleted user 4 January 2018 10:01:17
    It is one purchase though ;)
  • Deleted user 4 January 2018 10:14:17
    Addy_B wrote:
    It is one purchase though ;)
    It says "buying only 10 GAMES in 12 months (2018)" and not "making only 10 purchases" ;)
  • Deleted user 4 January 2018 10:14:55
    Addy_B wrote:
    And you must be twitching in a corner.... that said, you bought so many last year that you must have one hell of a backlog.
  • bighairybear65 4 Jan 2018 10:23:16 232 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nearly failed and bought Prey for a tenner in Tesco clearance.. soooo hard! 😢 Walked away tho, Still got ten games on PS4 and not buying another till I have 9..
    (It's kinda working for me, 10 games installed of various types, only buying/downloading others when I finish/uninstall one them)
    (Which maybe soon! No Man's Sky vs Elite this weekend, can't manage both so one has to go!!🤔;)

Anyway yeah, still winning.. just 😜
  • TitanWarlord93 4 Jan 2018 10:25:55 259 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    4 days in and I have not bought anything yet. Still waiting for Monster Hunter World but I might get Kingdom Come Deliverance if it's any good.

I'm on a roll.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2018 10:38:53
    GuybrushThreepwood wrote:
    Addy_B wrote:
    And you must be twitching in a corner.... that said, you bought so many last year that you must have one hell of a backlog.
    I don't even have my switch now as well. Well I won't have it for a few months anyway.
  • Phattso 4 Jan 2018 10:44:30 23,289 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    OK, sorry about being lax and adding people to the first post. I kinda got distracted oiling the Murderbot's mechanisms in the Advent thread! I just glanced over the last page or so and tried to pick up some new names - if you're in the gig, but you're not on the list, drop me a PM and I'll add you.

My intention behind listing people and, more specifically, grouping them in tens was to give people a sort of built-in support network. Of course we'll all be in here and talking about it, but I was thinking that people in each specific 'group' could pay extra special attention to each other... and rat out anyone known to be CHEATING THE SYSTEM! :-D

On that subject, I nearly cheated the system last night and bought Flame in the Flood on Switch which I'd been umming an ahing about last year. Got as far as the checkout, when I realised that I was telling myself it didn't count because I had intended to buy it in 2017 but forgot. FFS ME! To the other nine in my group: watch me like a hawk, I've got form.
  • THFourteen 4 Jan 2018 10:48:55 48,487 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Between this and trying not to snack between meals itís a pretty miserable outlook right now.
  • monkman76 4 Jan 2018 11:17:30 12,811 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Has no one bought a game yet?! Fucking hell, it's like a staring contest.
  • erniewhatbert 4 Jan 2018 11:19:48 2,875 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Between this and trying not to snack between meals itís a pretty miserable outlook right now.
    My sugar crash is hitting hard and all I have to comfort myself is a mahoosive backlog.
  • the_dudefather 4 Jan 2018 11:23:25 10,804 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My first purchase will probably be something stupid like Yakuza: Dead souls because I saw it for a fiver in CEX

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.