Buying Only 10 Games in 12 Months (2018) Page 123

• Graxlar_v3 6 Jun 2018 13:23:23 2,756 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Surely culling your backlog and then saying i will only buy 5 games in a year is a bad move
  • rice_sandwich 6 Jun 2018 13:26:18 4,531 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3

90% of the backlog was trash and was humanely culled. I still have 40 or so games as my 'real' backlog.

Edit: and I've played about half of those 40 to a lesser or greater extent. Some are games with no end or games with no real end point so are never really finished.

Edited by rice_sandwich at 13:32:53 06-06-2018
  • THFourteen 6 Jun 2018 13:37:15 48,533 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Given the traumas outlined on the previous page, anyone feel like allowing me to purchase a copy of PUBG as a free?

It would be withe full intent of playing it a couple of times and never again.
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:

Totally deserve it mate (hope things are improving!) I back this and lets pretend it never happened ;)
    Phattso wrote:
    I guess I could look the other way if you used Steam's two hour refund window to 'demo' the game. I'll be watching though. One second over 2hrs and it counts, buddy. Sick child or no. Don't go trying to play the emotional blackmail card all up in here!
    God damn its like May vs Corbyn in here! I demand an election!

I errred on the Tory side of things in the end. Which actually worked out in my favour as i played an hour of BattleTech and damn its a good game.

Need to get into it, bit complicated to start of with in the number of options available
  • FrostPan 6 Jun 2018 13:55:08 1,492 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Been a while since I've updated here. Please put me on 8 games now.

Hmmm, not too sure if I will actually meet my goal, ha.

Looking at the rest of year, I'll either get Dragon Quest XI or Shenmue 1 + 2 remasters.
  • PazJohnMitch 6 Jun 2018 14:14:08 13,519 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Who's ready to write-off their backlog? I intend to play the fuckers!

Also not sure if you've heard, but I'm in this challenge that's helping me to avoid impulse purchases and just buy things I'm gonna play in the moment and then play them to death? Yeah. That's a thing that's happening. :)
    My backlog is not that big in terms of number of titles. The games I own and wish to play are:

Zelda: BotW (2 Divine Beasts completed).
    Disgaea 5 (20 hours in)
    GTAV (Under 10 hours in)
    Skyrim (1 major side quest arc completed).
    Arkham Knight (Not played)
    XCom 2 (Will need to restart)
    Wipeout VR (~5 events complete).

Also own but less committed to:
    Bloodborne (Father Gascogne)
    MGSV (Not started)
    Dishonered 2 + Outsider (Not Started)
    Doom VFR (Not started)

Should not have bought:
    Darksiders 2
    Battlefield 4
    Dragon Age: Inquisition

Vast majority are really long though. My main issue is that I like to play short games between longer ones. (The long ones then build up). Also love VR but suffer terrible motion sickness.
  • DangerousDave_87 6 Jun 2018 14:20:01 4,649 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    My backlog stretches back 12 years, but Xenoblade 2 is stopping me groom making an indent on any of it.
  • PazJohnMitch 6 Jun 2018 14:23:39 13,519 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I pretty much traded in all my last generation games.

Ni No Kuni was the only last Gen title I really wanted to play (on last Gen hardware) and I completed that this year. (GTAV, Skyrim... were upgraded to this Gen).
  • ghearoid 6 Jun 2018 14:42:40 2,993 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I got rid of most of my backlog last year. I really wanted a Switch but all those unplayed games were holding me back. It felt great to get rid of them and taught me a hard lesson in not buying games because of hype/deals.

So far, I have no Switch backlog, except Splatoon 2 which I just got and is my current game. Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Xenoblade and Fire Emblem Warriors have all been completed and played to death.
  • Dombat 6 Jun 2018 23:10:07 1,309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got rid of my Wii U and Vita and the games associated with it. I've written off all of my Wii backlog and have about three games from last gen I still want to complete at some point.

My current gen backlog stays. It consists of games I really want to play, mostly more than anything likely to be released in the near future. Unfortunately they are mostly epic RPGs/open worlders. I just don't have the time.

At least I'm barely adding to it. In fact my two purchases this year were a game I previously owned on Wii U (Mario Kart 8) and a remaster of a game I already owned and had recently been playing (Dark Souls Remaster). I'll actually get something brand new eventually. :D
  • monkman76 7 Jun 2018 19:23:28 12,835 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Phattso Please put me on three. I'm a good five or six hours into God of War so I guess it'll have to count :)
  • Phattso 7 Jun 2018 19:25:46 23,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    @Phattso Please put me on three. I'm a good five or six hours into God of War so I guess it'll have to count :)
    I only had you on one, as it turns out, so that's quite the fall for you. :)
  • monkman76 7 Jun 2018 19:40:36 12,835 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Told you about FIFA days ago. Keep(ie) up!
  • Rodderz 7 Jun 2018 21:12:45 3,066 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Can you move me up to two games Phattso, I'm going to play XCOM 2 courtesy of this months PS+.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Jun 2018 04:38:50 23,018 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Put me on 6

Vampyr (playing)
    Kingdom Come (abandoned, sold)
    Far Cry 5 (completed,sold)
    Rise of the TR (completed, still have)
    God of War (4 hours in ?, On hold)
    Ni No Kuni 2 (next to play after Vamp)

...starting to ramp up very quickly now. 4 games in 6 months, not looking too likely ;)
  • captain-Snufkin 8 Jun 2018 07:02:29 130 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    I was hearing good things about kingdom come._.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Jun 2018 07:08:35 23,018 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @captain-Snufkin

I wanted to love it and I will prob buy a GOTY at some point. Also I had on the "wrong console" ;)
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Jun 2018 07:47:55 2,756 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Put me on 6

Vampyr (playing)
    Kingdom Come (abandoned, sold)
    Far Cry 5 (completed,sold)
    Rise of the TR (completed, still have)
    God of War (4 hours in ?, On hold)
    Ni No Kuni 2 (next to play after Vamp)

...starting to ramp up very quickly now. 4 games in 6 months, not looking too likely ;)
    I feel responsible for this fall ....
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Jun 2018 08:03:29 23,018 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3
    ;)
  • blimeyguvnor87 8 Jun 2018 13:12:57 398 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Iím on 4 on the first page, I bought Statik and Rick and Morty the other day, which puts me on 6.

I just picked up a PSVR in the sale which came with Superhot and Resi, which puts me on 8 - Iím assuming PSVR Worlds doesnít count.

Dammit!
  • the_dudefather 8 Jun 2018 13:41:19 10,804 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    my number 5 game, Prey, is the best I've bought this year

Absolutely loving it, might even do another play-through with a different build when I'm done
  • OnlyJoeKing 8 Jun 2018 13:57:41 589 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was wobbling badly last night, had a fiver off voucher for Argos so could have got a physical Switch Axiom Verge for £9.50, and was gazing lustily at the Mega Man Legacy Collection on 3DS for a fiver...

Had to remind myself that I have lots of games like this already! I don't need more, if I'm not playing the ones I already have! It's like breaking an addiction, this.
  • OnlyJoeKing 8 Jun 2018 14:41:58 589 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    On the plus side, I'm quite enjoying a bit of online seasons on Switch FIFA. At least in the lower leagues where I beat everyone! Strange game, I think at least 4/5 players rage quit. Which is fine as you just make that the game, the ultimate victory.
  • Graxlar_v3 8 Jun 2018 15:03:25 2,756 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @OnlyJoeKing Axiom verge is well worth £10 btw
  • OnlyJoeKing 8 Jun 2018 15:45:33 589 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 ah it does look good, I've too many similar games though. Really should put a bit more time into those first. I figure I'll grab it in a sale maybe next year sometime.
  • Saul_Iscariot 8 Jun 2018 23:52:25 3,002 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've had to cancel my Mario Tennis preorder. My daughter has had a fight with her fella and he has thrown her out of their house. As a result she is currently out of work so I have to be tighter with the pennies. I was going to pick up Detroit but I will have to give that a miss for now. On the plus side I now have someone to play Arms with.
  • DangerousDave_87 9 Jun 2018 00:16:41 4,649 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sad to hear that, but there's pros and cons, like you say!
  • the_dudefather 11 Jun 2018 08:47:01 10,804 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finished Prey at the weekend, and the rumoured expansion was announced and released last night

Luckily, it's not a standalone thing (which is what I would've expected) so a nice bonus for a game that I already bought and love. Will probobly grab it during the week after a bit of a Prey break (played quite a lot over the course of a week or so)
  • dominalien 11 Jun 2018 10:29:00 8,575 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finished GoW. That puts me at 1 bought/6 completed. Yay.
  • Phattso 11 Jun 2018 10:36:08 23,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    OK, just caught up with the last half dozen updates or so in the first post. I'm very disappointed in a great many of you!
  • rice_sandwich 11 Jun 2018 10:46:19 4,531 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Phattso

I'm getting Mario Tennis on Friday so you can bump me up to 4 games then. But...I've just realised that Pokken Tournament is a double dip game for me, though at the time I bought it we hadn't agreed the double dip rules. So maybe I'm on 3? No big deal if not.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.