Valkyria Chronicles 4 Page 6

Next Last
  • oldschoolsoviet 17 Oct 2018 20:53:00 6,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finished first playthrough this afternoon, and there's a world of hurt waiting for you. Final few missions are an absolute PITA, and anything other than cheesing them is letting yourself get dragged into a spiral of despair..... Ch17 started so well too.

Ahem. Yeah, really didn't enjoy it tbh. Quite a weak finish, but a wee break and back into the suffering of hard mode soon. Might, might push for the Platinum if I can stomach the grind.....
  • Graxlar_v3 17 Oct 2018 22:09:09 8,340 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @oldschoolsoviet not just me then?

I managed to get A rank in all but the very last mission which took about ten turns all told :/.
  • oldschoolsoviet 17 Oct 2018 22:42:42 6,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tried to be clever, approach it in a similar vein to Batomys from the original, work out the pattern.....

....naaah. Just stack some orders and kaboom.

I relented after two or three useless attempts, YT vid showed how in two turns.
  • Graxlar_v3 21 Oct 2018 17:53:59 8,340 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Went back in to get the true ending, kinda wish I hadnít bothered now lol.

You have to watch by far the most sexist part of the story (worse than that bit) and then redo a Ďhardí mode version of the final mission that can be cheesed in exactly the same way as the normal version. And for it, you get an extra two lines of dialogue that are completely worthless.
  • oldschoolsoviet 23 Oct 2018 13:03:15 6,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    http://valkyria.sega.com/dlc.php

Found the DLC schedule, some more out today, so that'll do me for the weekend. Guessing I'll need that "true ending" for the all event scenes trophy.
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Oct 2018 13:05:08 8,340 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    do you know if there is a season pass?
  • oldschoolsoviet 23 Oct 2018 18:06:16 6,759 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nope, nowt with the deluxe edition either (just wanted the tank).

Was torn with the bikini dlc, but sod it, guess I'll support it anyway. It's not as if I have English and Japanese copies of the DesignWorks artbooks for all the previous games.....

Best hope would be a Japanese/Bundle sale at the start of next year for PSN at least.
  • Graxlar_v3 23 Oct 2018 18:51:05 8,340 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, I am on switch lol.... I am fine for not getting the dlc, I was able to get VC1 on switch for £10 so I could just play that.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 13 Nov 2018 14:22:11 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    My playthrough of this got interrupted by a bit of a fixation with Forza Horizon 4, but that's mostly subsided now, so I got back into this with a vengeance at the weekend.

Blasted through a few more story chapters, plus the beach-resort DLC episode and a couple more Squad Stories. Really liking the way they mix up objectives more in the story chapters. While there are missions that can be scout/APC rushed, the larger mix of missions with different victory conditions is welcome.

One mild complaint is that I'm not massively taken with the story direction. I was enjoying things more while it was still doing an alternate-world take on something that was still recognisably WW2, before the more fantastic elements came heavily into play. Plus it does that infuriating anime trick of having villains who never actually die no matter how many times they get beaten. But that's a fairly small complaint.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Nov 2019 10:25:55 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    PC version updated so it now now includes all DLC by default. Mildly annoying if you bought it already (like I did), but otherwise another reason to pick up a really excellent game. Codes can be found very cheap.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 9 Nov 2019 11:05:02 3,628 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Would be nice if they did the same for the console versions as the DLC pack is still 20 quid on PSN...
  • ghearoid 9 Nov 2019 12:00:39 3,246 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The DLC has previously been on sale. I picked it up for around £10 on the eShop back in Spring.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.