Google Home Page 2

Next Last
  • CompetitiveDad 4 Jan 2018 22:07:58 8,150 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    This is rather cool

Say "Hey Google, talk to Mystery Animal" to your Google home and it will start a 20 questions game. But you get to ask the questions.

Rather impressive.
    Very cool.
  • wrinkly 4 Jan 2018 22:21:59 3,721 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Got one with the ebay £20 off offer, I like it, saves talking to her indoors, although not sure yet which one knows everything.
  • Sandbox 4 Jan 2018 22:28:08 365 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Daughter (2.5 earth years old) has clocked that running around the house shouting "Hey Google, play Let it go" immediately fills the house with bloody Frozen soundtrack, this shit can backfire.
  • monkman76 20 Feb 2019 07:45:08 14,714 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not quite the right thread, but never mind. Tech help needed, geeks of EG:

Iím on holiday with an iPad full of downloaded (ie available offline) Netflix content, a Chromecast, and a willing TV. If I set my phone as a personal WiFi hotspot, I can connect both the iPad and chromecast to it and watch the downloaded content. Fine, but as far as I can tell itís chewing through my 4G data (and I donít have much) - so it must be streaming the content from the internet rather than just locally from the iPad to the chromecast.

Is there any way of setting up a LAN using the phoneís hotspot that isnít connected to the internet? Or otherwise forcing Netflix to stream the local downloaded content rather than from the internet? FWIW when Iím doing this, Netflix on the iPad does look like itís in offline mode, but Iím pretty sure itís burning through my data.

Seems to me like the iPad should be able to stream direct to the chromecast without the hotspot, since it connects directly to it in the first place to get the chromecast onto the WiFi network. Anyway. HELP
  • Tonka 20 Feb 2019 07:56:21 29,523 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I know that there are some apps on Android that does what you've asked for.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the same isn't possible from iOS though.
  • monkman76 20 Feb 2019 08:03:33 14,714 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah I guess Iím asking for trouble trying to use a chromecast with an iPhone and an iPad.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.