Enter the Gungeon Page 5

Next Last
  • Deleted user 31 December 2017 16:15:22
    Itís all very well saying use dodge roll less, but when you get shit drops for weapons, then you have to take a boss down... using the blanks, then after that there are times getting hit is unavoidable. A game like Dark Souls you can learn each attack, and time to block etc. In this you get blanks and thereís just far too many bullets to use dodge or try and weave between, which is impossible.

/rage quit

Edited by LelandPalmer at 16:17:23 31-12-2017
  • Duffking 31 Dec 2017 17:05:25 16,156 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Most boss attack patterns are basically designed so that you don't have to roll. The only ones you have to roll are the ones that blatantly have no gaps between the bullets. And those usually come at a moment designed to punish you for rolling when you didn't need to. They're all pretty consistent in pattern, you just need to learn how to avoid each type of attack, which will obviously take a while. Like I used to hate wallmonger until I got to grips with it properly.

If you find yourself in a position where a roll is necessary despite it being a normally weaveable pattern, it's probably because you got backed into a bad position in the room.

That's usually avoidable, as long as the boss isn't ammoconda because ammoconda is bullshit. Fuck ammoconda.

Obviously better weapons helps but learning that you don't need to dodge roll that much is part of helping you get by when you don't have anything especially great. Especially given that "not especially amazing" covers most of the game's arsenal, it's not that they're bad weapons usually, it's just that they're not as good as the smaller number of super powerful ones, and it's those bad weapons that the game wants you to get better at using.

The number of weapons I'd consider outright useless is pretty small, and interestingly, it's often the rarest ones that suck most against bosses, since there's a lot of one-shot-magazine AOE effect weapons in the rarest pool that do well against strong regular mobs and groups but bad against bosses. The blue/green chests has a lot of solid boss killer weapons.

You'll never kill any boss particularly fast though as the game caps damage output to a certain DPS like BoI does for all its bosses bosses.

Edited by Duffking at 17:07:24 31-12-2017
  • Deleted user 31 December 2017 20:49:01
    I made it to the fourth level after my rant haha! It helped I had a demon head and bees...
  • el_pollo_diablo 2 Jan 2018 11:30:31 2,951 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I love Binding of Isaac. Am I going to love this game?
  • Dirtbox 2 Jan 2018 11:34:53 91,097 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It's nowhere near as good, the explore/risk/reward factor that makes isaac shine isn't present here as almost none of the items are particularly good. All the runs, rather than being enhanced by your build for the most part just boils down to extra ammo to throw at the bosses in this game.

You'll like it, it's just not as deep or offer anything like as many unique gameplay styles that an average isaac run delivers.
  • el_pollo_diablo 2 Jan 2018 11:40:41 2,951 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just what my wallet needed to hear, thanks. I shall wait for it to show up in a sale.
  • DrStrangelove 2 Jan 2018 16:04:01 14,079 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's difficult to tell, they are pretty different games actually. Some people say they prefer Gungeon because they don't like Isaac's gambling mechanics and want their game to be more balanced. Which is fair enough.

I think Gungeon is great at what it does, but I also don't think it's quite as special as Isaac. Anyway, when it's on sale, do get it.
  • Skirlasvoud 2 Jan 2018 16:50:17 4,039 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Said the person with Isaac as his avatar. :lol:

I agree with Strangelove though. There's this special style of art, atmosphere and creative direction that makes Binding truly special.

Don't mind Gungeon either way if I'm up for something different, and I'd rate both equally well if it weren't for Binding's aforementioned qualities.
  • Deleted user 28 February 2018 23:42:54
    Okay, so I'm encountering a regular maddening glitch whereby I can't move or shoot or do anything for a couple of seconds. I thought it was because my console got dropped spectacularly at a party but Mario Kart runs fine.

Anyone else playing this at the moment and having the same issue?
  • MattyB2007 7 Mar 2018 19:55:10 2,876 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @JiveHound Apart from the split second pause when it loads a new room I've not had anything like that buddy. Performance is on balanced as well.

P.S I love this game. I finally beat the forge boss for the first time, only took 239 attempts.....

Edited by MattyB2007 at 19:57:07 07-03-2018
  • Duffking 6 Apr 2019 23:23:35 16,156 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dunno where the other thread is. Just unlocked the new super secret character in the DLC by unlocking the other new character. Then in one go you have to beat Bullet Hell as the new character, which immediately restarts you as the other new character, then clear Bullet Hell AGAIN, but this time there's two of the final boss at once.

Also his ability is fucking ace.
  • Addy__ 11 May 2019 16:39:29 677 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Just had some games on this for the first time in probably 12 months. I still suck arse. I can't remember how something's work. Should I be opening every chest I come across? Also I remembered the water barrel into the fire that ultimately makes a passage open that leads to a locked dungeon...what's the aim of down there?

I'm sure I had other questions. I should maybe find a decent guide.
  • Graxlar_v3 11 May 2019 16:43:01 6,715 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Addy__ yeah I would read a guide but also donít open all the chests, keys are rare so you want to open only green and above.

I also suck ass at it and never beat it :(
  • Addy__ 11 May 2019 16:50:10 677 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    @Addy__ yeah I would read a guide but also donít open all the chests, keys are rare so you want to open only green and above.

I also suck ass at it and never beat it :(
    Cheers. Am I also right in saying don't pick any keys up before you get to the merchant as he will also sell one if you don't have any?
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.