Following Assassin's Creed Origins Page 7

• Deleted user 15 March 2018 09:30:29
    I got an Axe with instant-charge time, which is a game changer for fighting shielded enemies
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Mar 2018 10:23:32 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @superbob85

It is great in Far Cry Primal when you first happen upon a sabre tooth trying to take down a Mammoth. Ubi are good at these sort of things in their game worlds.
  • Phattso 15 Mar 2018 10:46:56 25,197 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    superbob85 wrote:
    Not played primal yet might give e it a go before picking up 5. Ubisoft have definitely upped their games of late.
    I still have AC Oranges on the go, but Primal in the backlog, and that's definitely my plan. Hopefully FC5'll be a lot cheaper (or bundled with decent DLC) by the time I get around to it.
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Mar 2018 10:49:34 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Primal is great guys :)
  • Phattso 15 Mar 2018 10:52:42 25,197 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I put 5hrs into a rental on PS4, then got the PC version with my graphics card or something and never went back because the VR revolution happened. I had been really enjoying it up until that point though.
  • superdelphinus 15 Mar 2018 12:35:32 10,293 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Does primal have a 4K/ hdr patch on the ps4?

Edited by superdelphinus at 12:35:46 15-03-2018
  • ChiefGB 15 Mar 2018 14:38:22 12,388 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't think so, I really enjoyed it too though. Thing is what was freshish in that (the owl) has of course now been pinched for oranges (eagle)
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Mar 2018 14:41:38 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @ChiefGB
    But the bird in Primal was far superior mate I used to love dropping the various bombs on enemies heads.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 14:45:10 15-03-2018
  • robthehermit 15 Mar 2018 15:13:33 7,706 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @ChiefGB
    But the bird in Primal was far superior mate I used to love dropping the various bombs on enemies heads.
    Yeah, clearing out whole camps while hiding in the bushes was a great laugh. Best way to do that in Oranges is a couple of poison darts.
  • superdelphinus 15 Mar 2018 17:57:36 10,293 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @ChiefGB
    Yeah, clearing out whole camps while hiding in the bushes was a great laugh. Best way to do that in Oranges is a couple of poison darts.
    I love using the flesh eating poison in ass oranges. Itís brilliant watching an entire camp wipe itself out after poisoning one person on the edge. You can also have funny unintended consequences with that sometimes when a cat or something will pick it up and end up killing about 50 normal villagers down the road outside. Actually the noise when a cat dies from poison is hilarious.
  • DUFFMAN5 16 Mar 2018 07:09:36 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Just posted this on the "completed games" forum, but I will stick up here as well :)

Assassins Creed Origins
    Platform: Xbox
    Time played: 47 hour...and counting
    % of game done at time of end of main campaign: 59%
    Quests completed: 57
    Character lvl: 36 (maybe 37!)
    Skil setting: Played on Normal, with partial aim assist.

Completed yesterday and after not falling in love with it for many hours and leaving it unplayed for a couple of months, I actually finished the main story ark yesterday, after returning a month or so ago.

Loved almost everything about it, maybe not the sailing/ship combat sections, I mentioned in a previous post that I felt these were a step back from Rogue and BF. I liked the move to more of a fully fledged action rpg and would hope/assume this carried over to the next game in 2019.

Wonderful world and atmosphere and loads to distract you, some frivolous of course but then you get The Hippodrome and the Arena, both excellent in their own right. I enjoyed the more personal story and could understand the motivation of Bayek and Aya. I also like how it was tied into the very formation of A.C.

I'm not too sure we needed any present day stuff however, I did read most of the emails,docs etc on the computer and listened to all audio logs, but I did return to the Animus asap when these sections came up.

I did have 4 total freezes and there where some animation issues from time to time, but they were few and fair between and I would always take that when getting such a huge world and sandbox to play in. Actually while I was playing I was thinking if Ubi can make this world look so gorgeous, just think what R* will (should) do with RDR.

Having played all console and hand held AC game, this rates very highly on my list.

9.5/10
  • Malek86 6 Apr 2018 12:55:52 9,985 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So I managed to nab this today from the Razer store, during that screw-up with the discount code, cough. Paid 17 euro.

That's the next few months sorted, because I just won't have a lot of time to play games for a while.
  • richardiox 6 Apr 2018 12:57:10 8,348 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Got this last week, just got to Alexandria and have a level 11 by heck. It's a bit fucking good! The world they've created is stunning and running on X at times it looks comparatively next gen. Loving it.

Edited by richardiox at 12:57:47 06-04-2018
  • DUFFMAN5 6 Apr 2018 16:00:18 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Have fun chaps, great game and world to mess about it. :)
  • drhcnip 6 Apr 2018 16:04:23 6,462 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @richardiox

the ace thing is that, if you're enjoying it, it's barely opened up properly yet...there's so much goodness to come...
  • richardiox 6 Apr 2018 17:16:27 8,348 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Cheers. Itching to get back on tonight after the wife goes to bed.

Also, it's like £23 permanently on CD keys with Assassins Creed Unity code thrown in (also available separately for a whopping 39 pence)
  • drhcnip 6 Apr 2018 17:28:39 6,462 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    unity is the one ac game i've never played, even though i;ve owned it since i bought my ps4...i think syndicate came out just after i moved from ps3 and i went straight onto that....
  • Malek86 6 Apr 2018 21:58:37 9,985 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Holy crap, this game is a damn rock. I can't get a stable 60fps even by setting everything to the minimum (while setting everything to Very High doesn't really make things that much worse, so it must be a CPU problem).

Rather than this 40-50fps wobbling, I'd sooner play on 30fps. Unfortunately the in-game limiter works like crap (it's actually 31fps). Rivatuner works better but it's obvious that the frame pacing is all over the place, since the graph shows a constant 30fps while the image stutters all the time.

Am I out of options? This is almost painful to play. I think even the standard Xbox One version would have been a better choice.
  • andy10 15 Apr 2018 15:48:45 325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I recently picked this up in the PSN sale and can't believe how much I'm enjoying it! I bounced hard off of Syndicate and Unity. Origins looked like it'd be the stale formula of those games, combined with the low-rise banality of Assassin's Creed 3's America.

But it's slowly got its hooks into me. The detail is almost mind-blowing. The first time I rode into Alexandria, my jaw dropped and I spent twenty minutes just observing. And I think that's the real draw - it's fascinating just travelling around and seeing the people, buildings and systems of Egypt. Each new region unlocked is a new thrill. I've already splashed out on the season pass, even though I'm still around 10 levels away from being ready for those areas.

Also:
    - I don't feel compelled to immediately climb every tower and unlock the 'checklist' of things to do. Discovery feels more organic.
    - The combat feels a little 'looser' and free-flowing (in a good way - you don't necessarily feel locked into a Batman-esque arena of villains).
    - I'm enjoying the loop of clearing out enemy camps. It's repetitive but still lots of fun. Stealth feels viable even if you're spotted.
    - I don't hate the main characters, for a change.

Side-quests are a little repetitive. I'm amazed how many people have been captured - but are injured - and need to be carried to the threshold of the camp before they can magically walk again. But with the variety of the setting it's not a huge problem.

I think this might be my favourite Assassin's Creed since the first one (yes, I'm one of those people).
  • Derblington 15 Apr 2018 16:04:02 32,900 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'd agree with most of that, certainly the overall feel. It's definitely the best to date, imo, as it should be.
  • ChiefGB 15 Apr 2018 16:08:36 12,388 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still just hasn't really grabbed me, I've tried to play it several times and I just get bored. The map is too empty for the most part and the missions seem pointless. The actual story missions seem moderately engaging but it's all so cookie cutter in its side mission bloat. the combat seems to think it's cleverer than it is and isn't very intuitive to play, everytime I pick it up I have the spend 5 mins remembering what the buttons all do. Find it deeply average. Syndicate has a much more exciting world to explore, this feels too open and flat really. Maybe one day it will click but I have many better games to spend my time on for me :(

Edited by ChiefGB at 16:09:16 15-04-2018
  • Malek86 22 Apr 2018 14:31:31 9,985 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I feel like, despite all of its problems, Unity had the best map. It wasn't especially big, but that made it look busier and more densely packed.

That said, I'm quite enjoying this too. Mixing the AC gameplay with Far Cry elements was a good idea overall. But I do wish the PC port were better. It plays okay in 30fps, but the 31fps issue means I get a constant line of tearing and it gets a bit annoying. Also I've had a couple crashes, which is no big deal since the game autosaves almost all the time, but still annoying.

The presentation is so impressive, it's almost ridiculous. They keep getting more and more detailed. I wonder what kind of budget Ubisoft will need in 5 years time.
  • ozthegweat 3 Jul 2018 14:40:44 2,437 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    After Syndicate, which was fine but annoyed me more than it should have, this is so much better. Only thing I'm missing are the Hitman-style big assassination missions with multiple special opportunities.
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Sep 2018 18:04:11 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Why the feck can I not find our Odyssey thread ?
    Surely we have one ?
  • drhcnip 13 Sep 2018 22:18:54 6,462 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

dunno - but the news about a remastered ac3 with dlc has me quite moist
  • samyboy 17 Sep 2018 17:03:49 86 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I haven't played Origins, but I think I will play Odyssey because I really like the idea of playing a game set into Roman time.
  • robthehermit 17 Sep 2018 17:28:49 7,706 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    samyboy wrote:
    I haven't played Origins, but I think I will play Odyssey because I really like the idea of playing a game set into Roman time.
    So you've passed over the AC game that actually has Romans in it in favour of the one that doesn't.
  • drhcnip 17 Sep 2018 20:27:37 6,462 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    :lol:

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.