Following Assassin's Creed Origins Page 8

• JoelStinty 17 Mar 2019 22:38:48 8,784 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Spent about 10-12 hours on this and really enjoying it. Got to sais ( bit after you meet Cleopatra) and I now got side mission anxiety. Not sure how to play the game and the moment! I walked into ones dude house and that was four more on the table alone!

Kind of donít want to miss anything but donít want to bog myself down ether. Got a few in Alexandria Iíve yet to do to

Edited by JoelStinty at 22:44:18 17-03-2019
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Mar 2019 06:44:37 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Spent about 10-12 hours on this and really enjoying it. Got to sais ( bit after you meet Cleopatra) and I now got side mission anxiety. Not sure how to play the game and the moment! I walked into ones dude house and that was four more on the table alone!

Kind of donít want to miss anything but donít want to bog myself down ether. Got a few in Alexandria Iíve yet to do to
    Love Origins, although it took me a good dozen hours to actually get into it. In my top 3 Creed games now (Syndicate and Bro-in-the-hood being the other two) I always split things up on Creed games. For example:
    Sides for a bit
    2,3 mains
    Bounty
    Synchronise
    Skin animals/resource collecting and so on

That seems to keep if fresh for me.

Playing AC BF at the moment. I completed on 360 upon release but playing on xb1 now, such a good game save for some frustrating "follow" missions, especially the ship stealth one...a FECKIN Ship!!! ;)

I just arrived at Kingston and have a feck ton of icons and things to do, which as I said I will pick and choose.
  • JoelStinty 21 Mar 2019 12:30:10 8,784 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    JoelStinty wrote:

Love Origins, although it took me a good dozen hours to actually get into it. In my top 3 Creed games now (Syndicate and Bro-in-the-hood being the other two) I always split things up on Creed games. For example:
    Sides for a bit
    2,3 mains
    Bounty
    Synchronise
    Skin animals/resource collecting and so on

That seems to keep if fresh for me.

Playing AC BF at the moment. I completed on 360 upon release but playing on xb1 now, such a good game save for some frustrating "follow" missions, especially the ship stealth one...a FECKIN Ship!!! ;)

I just arrived at Kingston and have a feck ton of icons and things to do, which as I said I will pick and choose.
    I just done the Pyramid level, and it is has definitely stepped up since arriving at Letopolis, by a couple of gears. A bit more variety in the missions as well.

Finding i'm doing all the side stories now, they seem to add quite a bit to the main storyline.
  • crashVoodoo 4 Dec 2019 17:11:16 6,656 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Started this now from my backlog. Or should I've restarted it. My old save is level 5 but I can't remember how to play it.

I don't know which if any skills are best to aim for but I'm all for passive agressive meddling so I've gone on the right branch to get sleep darts and some poison thing with a view to getting the poison farts.

Feels good so far, first AC game since that Italian one.

Edit: that should say darts but I'm gonna leave it as is 🤪

Edited by crashVoodoo at 17:11:58 04-12-2019
  • super_whiskey 2 May 2020 19:59:57 317 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    After seeing this on offer for £13 in the PSN store and the new game being announced, I thought I'd dip my toes in again.

The last AC game I played was Black Flag and absolutely loved it. I've only gotten to the first non-Animus bit but I can feel myself really starting to get in to it.

The only thing I seem to have missed was how to use the shield which I don't think has been explained yet?
  • triarii 10 May 2020 11:43:38 414 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Are either of the story DLCs recommended for Origins? Can get both for ~£12 at the moment...

@super_whiskey I think it's LB on Xbox so L1 maybe?
  • JoelStinty 10 May 2020 12:46:36 8,784 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    super_whiskey wrote:
    After seeing this on offer for £13 in the PSN store and the new game being announced, I thought I'd dip my toes in again.

The last AC game I played was Black Flag and absolutely loved it. I've only gotten to the first non-Animus bit but I can feel myself really starting to get in to it.

The only thing I seem to have missed was how to use the shield which I don't think has been explained yet?
    I gave the series a break after Black Flag, so had a few years break too. Got a bit burnt out on the franchise. But this game really landed for me. Outside BOTW I think it is the best open world I have played. I think a lot of that is down to the incredible world design. Not from a gameplay perspective (though it is pretty good), but just from a historical point of view. So much work as gone into making this a believable world, and one that actually feels lived in. There are new buildings built ontop of old temples etc, a clear visual dialogue on how certain farming and burial techniques work. It makes for an immersive experience (for me at least) that I actually learnt from. Ended up picking a couple of books about Egypt because of it.
  • Ror 10 May 2020 13:01:24 19,968 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @triarii I haven't played either yet, but apparently The Hidden Ones is a bit lightweight, but Curse of the Pharoahs is supposed to be really good.

I need to get around to them before starting Odyssey.
  • triarii 10 May 2020 13:10:59 414 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Ror Thanks Khroma, I'm in the same position. Enjoying & taking my time with Origins (over 70 hours so far), when I finish it I'll wait a year and then have a go at Odyssey. Should get to Valhalla around 2027...
  • Phattso 10 May 2020 13:38:56 25,197 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Both DLC are good. The Hidden Ones is more of the same, and Curse is just batshit. :-)
  • Ror 10 May 2020 14:08:00 19,968 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Phattso to the rescue!

triarii wrote:
    @Ror Thanks Khroma, I'm in the same position. Enjoying & taking my time with Origins (over 70 hours so far), when I finish it I'll wait a year and then have a go at Odyssey. Should get to Valhalla around 2027...
    See, I wanted to get to Valhalla for launch, but with Odyssey apparently being seventeen thousand hours long, it might not happen. I finished Origins a couple of months back, so I should really start the DLC.
  • Frogofdoom 10 May 2020 14:24:30 16,215 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Curse was my favourite of the dlcs.
  • crashVoodoo 10 May 2020 14:32:33 6,656 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    The dlc raises the level cap so if you are getting them do it before you hit max 40 otherwise any additional level ups are wasted

Edited by crashVoodoo at 14:33:03 10-05-2020
  • triarii 10 May 2020 19:46:32 414 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thanks for the advice everyone!
  • StaffyDog 18 May 2020 14:07:29 1,588 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just started this few days ago after my mate told me it's more RPG now. He's playing Odessey at the moment. Bought it in the PSN sale and absolutely loving it. A lot of change from previous games which bored me. Combat in this is excellent, nice and meaty and overall a fab game.
  • DUFFMAN5 18 May 2020 15:15:37 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @StaffyDog

Good to hear. Around 200 hours and counting cross both games. Both excellent but if I had to pick I would go with Origins.👍
  • StaffyDog 18 May 2020 15:37:16 1,588 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I'm hoping to finish this and Odessey before Valhalla 😊

but definitely not rushing

Edited by StaffyDog at 15:38:52 18-05-2020
  • StaffyDog 18 May 2020 15:54:46 1,588 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oops spelt Odyssey wrong but was my phone 🙄
  • garryo'neill 18 May 2020 21:03:52 23 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just popped on this to say that having played and loved Origins and Odyssey (still working my way through it) I picked up Unity for 8 quid - Paris is stunning and itís such a throwback to the older games that Iím really enjoying it as well. No issues as well on my bog standard PS4 - downloaded the dlc which I noticed was free!
  • Globalmeltdown 18 May 2020 21:33:46 771 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Odyssey better for me but only because of the world, just a bit more variety on offer compared to Egyptian setting. Both amazing games though 😊
  • DUFFMAN5 18 May 2020 22:39:00 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @garryo'neill
    Unity is a great game, in fairness to Ubi they did clean up the shitshow of a launch. I still mess around in its world from time to time due to its charm, assuming Revolutionary France can be charming.
  • Ror 18 May 2020 22:52:17 19,968 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I played Unity about a year after launch and it'd been fixed up. Really enjoyed it.
  • Derblington 18 May 2020 22:58:50 32,900 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Iíve always fancied Unity but Iím not sure itíd be wise going backwards.
  • DUFFMAN5 19 May 2020 06:48:17 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Derblington
    Morning mate
    You should definitely give Unity a go. It is a great progression from the 360/Ps3 games and introduces many new things while refining others. The launch hurt it so much, in hindsight probably more than it deserved, allowing for the fact it was rushed and too buggy, yet here we are years later with the same old thing.

I understand your concerns about going back, I'm currently playing Odyssey on 1X and Rogue on the Ps3, I forgot how hit and miss the climbing is on older games, Unity is like butter compared to the older titles...still a fucker to get Arno through open winfied though!

I'm conclusion give Unity a go, you will (should) enjoy.
    Viva la 🇫🇷
  • MrFlay 19 May 2020 10:44:47 4,383 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I enjoy this game but it's just too big for its own good. Did they really need to do an entire country? I've spent 60+ hours already and there's still a lot left.
  • Derblington 19 May 2020 12:27:39 32,900 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    There are large chunks of Origins that are just deserts with no real content. Odyssey is much bigger, and Valhalla is larger again.
  • super_whiskey 19 May 2020 19:38:05 317 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I'm finding this as I'm playing through it. I'm on level 21 after about 15hrs and feel like I've barely scratched the surface.
  • Frogofdoom 19 May 2020 19:46:46 16,215 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Derblington there are conflicting reports on that. One says it's more focused and the other says its bigger.
  • Derblington 19 May 2020 23:06:37 32,900 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    They arenít really conflicting statements....
  • erasr 20 May 2020 10:58:07 405 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    😂

Yep, as we know, theyíve said itíll be less bloated but still huge in map size.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.