Following Assassin's Creed Origins Page 9

    Next Last
  • sherpa1984 20 May 2020 12:54:07 847 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    About 5 hours into Odyssey and it has yet to grab me.

    But then Iím a bit weird: yíall loved Black Flag but I thought it took the soul out of AC without replacing it with something better. It looked pretty but the gameplay was poor and the ship combat boring. But I acknowledge Iím literally the only person not impressed with BF.

    So far the first two Ezio games are still my favourite.
  • Frogofdoom 20 May 2020 13:34:28 16,587 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Derblington ok you are right I'm lying and so is the ubisoft employee here

    http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/05/assassins_creed_valhalla_wont_be_the_longest_or_biggest_game_in_the_series_says_ubisoft_dev

    Edited by Frogofdoom at 13:57:58 20-05-2020
  • Derblington 20 May 2020 16:39:15 33,409 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Calm down. No-oneís called you a liar. The statements arenít directly conflicting - it can be a shorter more direct gameplay experience and still have a massive map to roam.

    Generally, though, Iíd take the word of a producer working directly on the title over a head of communication for the middle-east. Also, if you click through the link youíve posted the tweet is ďunavailableĒ.
  • Samildanach 20 May 2020 18:23:40 345 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    sherpa1984 wrote:
    About 5 hours into Odyssey and it has yet to grab me.

    But then Iím a bit weird: yíall loved Black Flag but I thought it took the soul out of AC without replacing it with something better. It looked pretty but the gameplay was poor and the ship combat boring. But I acknowledge Iím literally the only person not impressed with BF.

    So far the first two Ezio games are still my favourite.
    You are not alone there. I found Black Flag a bit of a slog and Rogue not much better. Never bad enough to give up, but not exactly riveting.

    However, my favourite by a good margin so far has been AC3, so I am a complete weirdo.
  • Ror 4 Jun 2020 19:43:20 20,223 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Started the Hidden Ones dlc last night, after finishing the main game a few months back. A few minutes in I wasn't sure if I could be arsed with it (despite having adored the main game), but then I started the first assassination target and spent about twenty minutes creeping through a quarry, picking off goons with stealthy headshots, and I was back in love.

    I'm really eager to start Odyssey now, so I think I'm going to try and do this and Curse over the next two weeks, break for TLoUII, and then, onward to Odyssey.
  • DUFFMAN5 4 Jun 2020 22:58:59 26,034 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Ror
    Sounds like a plan 👍

    My next few months will be:
    SBSP
    TLoU2
    GoT

    and SW battlefront II, from psn

    Should be refreshed for Valhalla by then.
  • Ror 4 Jun 2020 23:10:41 20,223 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 I have a feeling I'll still be halfway through Odyssey by the time Valhalla comes out :D I want to be ready for it day one though, I'm excited for it.

    If I can fit it in, I'd like to get Yakuza Kiwami done somewhere in between Odyssey and Valhalla, and I currently have Xenoblade on the go on the Switch.

    But let's be real, I'll just end up playing Halo every night instead.
  • Ror 18 Jun 2020 15:13:51 20,223 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I meant to post in here that I completed The Hidden Ones DLC last week. As has been said, it's very much more of the same, which is no bad thing, but I didn't really like the Sinai area - it's all a bit too samey and rusty brown-red all over, which really made me miss the more lush areas from the main game's map.

    It's worth doing though - there are seven main quests and seven side quests, one of which actually picks up a plot thread from a main game story quest, which is pretty cool. I think it took me about five hours or so in total.

    Some lovely views to be had, too.





    I'm a few hours into Curse of the Pharaohs so far, and it is nutty. Really good.
  • Rodderz 18 Jun 2020 21:02:52 4,167 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nice pics Ror!

    I've only started this earlier this week for the first time, and I'm rather enjoying it so far having last played an AC game (Syndicate)back in early 2018.

    I really like the setting of this one already, given so many openworlds go for lush green fields and forests everywhere, it's nice to be in a desert setting with all the rusty orange colours contrasted against areas with palm trees and oases.

    I stumbled across a nest of crocs in one location last night and almost copped it! Swimming frantically away underwater whilst looking around and seeing them continue to chase Bayek was properly scary 😬

    Edited by Rodderz at 21:03:15 18-06-2020
  • super_whiskey 4 Jul 2020 12:16:30 329 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finally finished the main quest after about 30hrs or so. I really enjoyed it apart from the enforced level cap in some places. Time to take a break though before picking up Odyssey!
  • Nanocrystal 4 Jul 2020 13:19:54 2,124 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Been enjoying the Discovery Tour mode in this.
  • Rodderz 4 Jul 2020 16:21:37 4,167 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm still really enjoying my playthrough of this. I'm assuming I'm a fair way through the story now, having just buried Bayek's friend back in Siwa after the attack by the Romans. It's certainly a step up from some of the older games.
  • andytheadequate 4 Jul 2020 20:43:29 9,211 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    I'm still really enjoying my playthrough of this. I'm assuming I'm a fair way through the story now, having just buried Bayek's friend back in Siwa after the attack by the Romans. It's certainly a step up from some of the older games.

    Yep, fairly near the end. The pacing towards the end is a bit strange, but there's some pretty good areas and missions left to do.

    It's such a big improvement over the previous games, I nearly didn't bother why it after getting it in a humble monthly bundle but really glad I did. Even the setting is far better than I thought it would be. Loved the combination of Egyptian, Greek and Roman history and culture.
  • Rodderz 5 Jul 2020 16:32:23 4,167 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Rodderz wrote:
    I'm still really enjoying my playthrough of this. I'm assuming I'm a fair way through the story now, having just buried Bayek's friend back in Siwa after the attack by the Romans. It's certainly a step up from some of the older games.

    Yep, fairly near the end. The pacing towards the end is a bit strange, but there's some pretty good areas and missions left to do.

    It's such a big improvement over the previous games, I nearly didn't bother why it after getting it in a humble monthly bundle but really glad I did. Even the setting is far better than I thought it would be. Loved the combination of Egyptian, Greek and Roman history and culture.
    Ah cheers for the reply andy. I don't think I'll reach the end too soon given that there's huge new areas still opening up and lots of little quests to do! I can particularly see the influence of Witcher 3 in the way the side missions or interesting locations are spread out across the map. Plus, as you say, the clash of history and culture of this time period makes for a really interesting setting.
  • andytheadequate 5 Jul 2020 19:37:19 9,211 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The side missions are well designed in that they often lead you to the more interesting areas so they feel like they have purpose. I didn't do everything in the world so probably missed out on some cool stuff; I think I ended the game with my character at level 35, so did quite a lot of side missions but still loads I skipped.
  • Cadence 5 Jul 2020 20:23:57 2,516 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    The side missions are well designed in that they often lead you to the more interesting areas so they feel like they have purpose. I didn't do everything in the world so probably missed out on some cool stuff; I think I ended the game with my character at level 35, so did quite a lot of side missions but still loads I skipped.
    They seem to have taken some inspiration from the witcher 3 with the side quests. Compared to previous AC games soem of them were really excellent with a lot more involved that just "go here and clear out a bandit camp". I'm about half way through at the moment but it's taking me ages as I keep stopping to fiddle around with photo mode. Just wish my pc would run it slightly better as I've had to cap it at 30fps which looks a bit rubbish on a computer monitor. As an aside does anyone know why 30fps on console hooked up to a TV seems to look so much smoother than 30fps on a pc monitor?
  • andytheadequate 5 Jul 2020 20:45:22 9,211 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Cadence I really need to try The Witcher 3 again, I reckon I'd enjoy it now . My PC couldn't handle this game so I used Geforce Now to stream it instead. Wasn't perfect but night be worth trying if your internet is fast.
  • alasdairm 7 Jul 2020 12:02:04 252 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Origins has been my lockdown game
    Never got on with previous AC games & had only played a few hours of Origins when it came out - something clicked this time & have completed it and the DLC - just have to do the walking tours to get all the achievements
    It's one of the few games where I have maxed the achievements - the others are mostly LEGO games, which on reflection are not too dissimilar from Origins, especially the more recent LEGO games
  • johnnyrocketfingers 7 Jul 2020 20:07:21 300 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Post deleted
  • Next Last
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.